Back to Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment by Arizona State University

Learners will be introduced to designing lesson plans based on principles and knowledge of learning objectives, assessment plans, methods, materials, and learning activities. Learners will find and prepare appropriate teaching materials through careful analysis, adaptation and creation of professional resources. Learners will also reflect on the cohesion between lesson design and teaching philosophies....
Highlights
Enriching course content
(161 Reviews)
Great instructors
(53 Reviews)

RA
Jul 14, 2017

This course has an excellent structure for helping you put together a lesson plan and assessment. I love how each facet is explained so that we can see where our mistakes lie and how we can improve.

MV
Mar 24, 2016

Fantastic amazing tutors and I highly recommend this course as by the end of this course lesson planning is a piece of cake. I have loved this course and all the courses in the TESOL specialization

126 - 150 of 827 Reviews for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

By Coral S H C

Apr 2, 2019

Actually this course was really hard hard work, and all that work was an excellent investment in my future. I really learnt something. Thank you Coursera for this opportunity!

By Keishia S

Jan 15, 2019

This course was a bit of a challenge compared to the last one. It requires you to watch videos multiple times and really pay attention. I enjoyed the work and lesson planning.

By Prasolova S I

Mar 8, 2016

This has been very helpful course for me as a beginner teacher. I have see so much "MUD" information to use in my future class. Thank you very much. You are doing great job!!!

By Fernando C C

Nov 14, 2020

It was informative and "sticky", very entertaining with the good and the bad teachers, as well as with the team making comments of them. The lesson plan was a good challenge.

By Jinhe Z

Aug 26, 2018

This course is very useful, I learned a lot about how to design a class and how to do the evaluation during or after the class. Thanks for interesting and specific teaching.

By Ayman M

Oct 12, 2017

This course is very useful and wonderful really. I learned many new things related to lesson plan. I really thank Dr. Shane, Jessica and everyone who is running this course.

By Jenniel L

Nov 18, 2020

I really learned a lot from the course! I like how engaging and knowledgeable the instructors are! How the way they presented the course is brilliant! Thank you so much! 🙏

By William L S Z

Aug 7, 2020

Simply amazing, this is the best course I have ever taken, and I have already taken a lot of them here and in other platforms but tue quality of this course is really high.

By Muslim M A

Aug 19, 2020

This course made me a more informed and confident teacher in the aspect of lessons planning and design. This course is obviously one of the best courses offered by course.

By Marjorie B M E

Aug 20, 2017

I enjoyed and even looked forward to the videos. They were enjoyable to watch and I found that the teaching methods were in line with my philosophy of teaching. Thank you!

By Jestoni E S

May 4, 2020

I learned so much in preparing and making a lesson plan, and creating a measurable and effective assessment. It's simple but its strengths lie in its simplicity! Thanks!

By Adriana G

Sep 4, 2017

It was excellent ! The materials and instructors were clear. Very creative, as always. It was a little more challenging than the previous ones. I certainly recommend it.

By Justin I R

Aug 19, 2017

This course was great at teaching the realities of everyday teaching. It was very helpful to know the history of different teaching techniques before taking this class.

By Ninette P

Oct 30, 2020

Well-structured program with high value content and knowledge for those who love teaching language and really want to be a professional teacher to guide our students.

By Yasmeen R K

Jun 11, 2020

It was an amazing experience for me which taught me a lot. Thanks for this amazing community. Thanks, Arizona University for this amazing effort, and Thanks Coursera!

By Carrie H C

Mar 26, 2016

No doubt that this is the best course I've ever taken via online. If you want to build up the basic knowledge or recheck your knowledge, this can be your best chance!

By Lorena G

Feb 26, 2016

This course is really helpful on Lesson Design and Assessment. If you want to improve your Lesson Plans or you do not know how to make one this is the course for you.

By sanaa J

Apr 7, 2020

Enjoyed the course to the rim :)

I liked the detailed recordings, and the chance to go back and review the material at any doubt moment.

Thank you. Great experience.

By Dr. A K

Sep 12, 2019

Learned a lot of practical ideas about designing a lesson plan. The instructors of the course could make the toughest theory interesting and possible to understand.

By Donna N D

Dec 30, 2016

I like the setup that you have where you keep things easy, but well informed. The information provided is actually great for practical use and not just theoretical.

By Овсяный И Ю

Jun 20, 2020

With very lesson I love these amazing specialists and this course more and more. If you're lookin for a TESOL, you have found it. Thanks a lot for your great work!

By Hend M

This course helped me a lot to make a perfect lesson plan. I like the instructors and the way they deliver the information smoothly. Thanks a lot for all courses.

By Kat B

May 2, 2018

Very informative, useful, and direct to the point. I learned so much in one week than in the ten months that I have culled my own resources. Highly recommended!

By Jie L

Jul 10, 2020

I almost finish all the course and for each, I give a five star!!! I have learned a lot about the logic of lesson planning and everything. Everyone worth a try!

By Mervin J Z S

Dec 19, 2017

I love the course. It taught me a lot of things that I can apply not only in English language teaching but everything about teaching regardless of the subject.