Back to Making Architecture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Making Architecture by IE Business School

Making architecture offers a unique insight into the mind and work of an Architect, starting with the basics of the profession and culminating with the production of a scaled site model. The course should act as ideal preparation for those interested in undertaking an undergraduate degree in Architecture, although its flexible, intriguing and enjoyable content makes it accessible for all those looking to increase their knowledge in the field. Delivered primarily by Professors from the IE School of Architecture and design in Segovia (Spain), the course begins by examining the mind-set of an Architect - asking how they think and what they do to train their creative minds, moving on to using inspiration from the environment to stimulate design ideas. Finally, the course concludes by looking at some of the more technical aspects of Architecture - such as composition, form, space and hierarchy - and stressing the importance of creating a story that helps define your design. This fascinating content is delivered principally from the stunning design studio at the IE school of Architecture and features external videos from a few beautiful locations in the city of Segovia. Finally, it includes interviews from Pritzker Prize executive director - and Dean of the school of Architecture and design at IE - Martha Thorne, with a number of award winning practising architects such as Sarah Wigglesworth and Cristoph Ingenhoven....

SK

Sep 7, 2020

The content is really good for beginner architects, the instructors were amazing and supportive. Examples of project and their analysis is really interesting so perhaps more examples could be added

OM

May 2, 2021

I love this course.It is very nice.I would like to thank all the proffecers and all the crew.I really enjoyed this course and got some important tips for the life.Thank you very very much.!

101 - 125 of 375 Reviews for Making Architecture

By Camila S

Aug 5, 2020

As a future architecture student I felt the course gave me a glimpse of things I could spend during my time studying the career, but in a way it was easy to understand.

By Amy G

I really like this project which introduce to my briefly the work of an architect and helped to determine that this is a major I would like to go for in the future.

By Srijana R

Apr 13, 2021

Great experience. The course is quite easy and the teachers are very good at their fields. I learned to love architecture and learn the principles of good design.

By Yerkanat N

Jul 17, 2020

Want to express my thanks for your well organized education and knowledge. I got new vision and look to architecture. Wish you good luck and successful students!

By Rodrigo A

An excellent course to get started into the Architecture world. The teachers explain everything super clear, great example material and interesting assignments!

By Şölen E

Feb 1, 2021

This is such a great course. The course was very enjoyable and very informative. I recommend this course everyone who wants learn about architecture and design

By MASMOUDI E

Dec 7, 2020

Inspiring course which provides you an idea of the daily life of an architect! Perfect introduction very oriented towards practise! Thank you for this class.

By Annita

Jun 2, 2020

Very well structured and clearly presented. The activities lead the learner through different ways of thinking, and step by step to design a small project.

By fateme t

Dec 16, 2020

this was a very good course that I learned a very essential and constructive introduction about architecture thank you so much for your amazing faculties.

By AKASH P

Jun 14, 2020

Model making and space analysis are two basic things I have learnt and further learnt various principles rules and many more life hacks for an architect

By Kaina P

Aug 11, 2021

This course changed my entire view on ARCHITECTURE.... If I had any doubts before, I don't anymore... I AM GOING TO BE AN ARCHITECT. THANK YOU COUSERA!

By faimon f

Dec 1, 2020

The way of there teaching was good and design brief was well explained

Overall good course those who interest in architecture they can choose this one

By Enaal N A

Aug 24, 2020

I am so happy to do this experience and so exited I wish to do more training with this school and i wold to thank all Professors for their efforts

By Khushali P E

Jun 1, 2020

Course was very nice I like it thanks for Coursera. Coursera is very good platform for Learning & Gaining. Thank you so much Coursera & all hole team

By Giovanni G R M

Sep 28, 2020

Este curso me ha permitido saber mas a fondo aquello que comprende la arquitectura como pensamiento y modo artístico de llevar a nuestras vidas.

By dorsa s

Dec 6, 2020

personally I enjoyed a lot and also I've learned a lot and this course made me even more certain about my way and my passion about architecture

By EMILY C

Jun 7, 2021

me pareció muy interesante poder saber las cosas que conlleva la arquitectura, y como se relaciona con el mundo, las explicaciones son buenas.

By Rutik C

Jun 18, 2020

This course really helps develop the skills required for basic architecture and also explains things in a very understandable way .THANK YOU .

By Franklin J D G G

Aug 19, 2020

I really like it, all the content of the course is very dynamic and explanatory, i acquired básico knowledge of the course and I recommend it

By Elena B

Jun 18, 2020

It was very educational as well as fun too! I loved this course so much! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to take part to this course!

By Odil M

Aug 24, 2020

It was a best course that can help to understant architecture to people, who doesn't have any idea about architecture. I liked this course.

By Alexis C E

May 12, 2020

I was teleported to Segovia for the videos! My desire was to start a new course there immediately. Thanks IE university for the opportunity!

By Nadz

Apr 26, 2021

Thank you, My Mentors, David Goodmen, Manuel, and Nenad,

You are so agile in Architecture and you gave me a hint to Know-how.

My Gratitude...

By Moussa Y I

Apr 23, 2020

I always wanted to be an architect and now I am Urban designer this course helped me a lot

It was really fun and enjoyable course

By Kumushxon M

Jul 30, 2020

I wish these courses never ended! What a pity that they ended:(

I look forward to continuing and the next level with the same professors!