Back to Making Architecture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Making Architecture by IE Business School

Making architecture offers a unique insight into the mind and work of an Architect, starting with the basics of the profession and culminating with the production of a scaled site model. The course should act as ideal preparation for those interested in undertaking an undergraduate degree in Architecture, although its flexible, intriguing and enjoyable content makes it accessible for all those looking to increase their knowledge in the field. Delivered primarily by Professors from the IE School of Architecture and design in Segovia (Spain), the course begins by examining the mind-set of an Architect - asking how they think and what they do to train their creative minds, moving on to using inspiration from the environment to stimulate design ideas. Finally, the course concludes by looking at some of the more technical aspects of Architecture - such as composition, form, space and hierarchy - and stressing the importance of creating a story that helps define your design. This fascinating content is delivered principally from the stunning design studio at the IE school of Architecture and features external videos from a few beautiful locations in the city of Segovia. Finally, it includes interviews from Pritzker Prize executive director - and Dean of the school of Architecture and design at IE - Martha Thorne, with a number of award winning practising architects such as Sarah Wigglesworth and Cristoph Ingenhoven....

SK
Sep 7, 2020

The content is really good for beginner architects, the instructors were amazing and supportive. Examples of project and their analysis is really interesting so perhaps more examples could be added

CS

Even though it is a very short course, the skills, ideas and knowledge learnt is very useful. I can already think of different ways and new ways to approach my work, designs and daily life.

101 - 125 of 282 Reviews for Making Architecture

By Alexis C E

May 12, 2020

I was teleported to Segovia for the videos! My desire was to start a new course there immediately. Thanks IE university for the opportunity!

By Moussa Y I

Apr 23, 2020

I always wanted to be an architect and now I am Urban designer this course helped me a lot

It was really fun and enjoyable course

By Kumushxon M

Jul 30, 2020

I wish these courses never ended! What a pity that they ended:(

I look forward to continuing and the next level with the same professors!

By Shailesh S

Aug 14, 2020

Simple and clear. I learned things that normally is ignored during designs. This course was really helpful. I only wish it was longer.

By Francesca R

May 6, 2020

Great course for beginners or even for mature architects! It's refreshing to go back to the start and remind us how big is this field!

By Anshuman T

Oct 25, 2020

I liked the way fundamentals are explained in the course. It is absolutely easy to follow as a beginner in the field of architecture.

By Siddhika s

Jun 25, 2020

good experience . i really love how faculties explain whole things. assignments are fun. I have learned so much about architecture.

By Arif B

Oct 19, 2020

Honestly this is what i needed to kick start my career in architecture. I had an amazing time with this course and I hope u do too

By Ana C V

Aug 4, 2020

Great introduction in the architecture enviroment, now I feel more confortable and prepared to start my graduation this semester.

By Kulthum F

Sep 13, 2020

This course was very helpful because it gave me the direction that i needed. This course has increased my love for architecture

By Kamil m

Aug 10, 2020

It builds up your skill and enables you to learn quite a bit about architecture and how to think decide and build like one.

By Adeleke A J

Wonderful experience learning the making of architecture these 4 weeks. The teaching was great as well as other processes.

By Durkesh. N

Apr 28, 2020

Its very interesting subject and also very useful, the trainers who were explaining the contents, concept is very good.

By Ray M S

It's was very fun because architecture is about nature/environment, people/social and culture, economy, and technique.

By Josema 5

Nov 17, 2020

I strongly recommend this course. It helped me visualize and introduced me the work and mentality of an architect.

By Aleksandra M

Jun 28, 2020

Very good course. I learned a lot and feel like i can better study for the entry exam into architecture school now

By Ana S F B

Sep 14, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. Working on it was fun and interesting. Really a good introduction to arquitecture.

By Heidy V

Jul 18, 2020

Todooo muy bonito muy bien explicado y the permite fusionarlo con diseno de interior es q me encanta graciasss

By Ferenc L

May 4, 2020

It is a very good course. I learned a lot about architecture here and was able to hone my creativity as well.

By Alejandra d L

May 3, 2020

A really good course. Great instructors too. Lots of information to learn and fun creative tasks to complete.

By Tanzeem A

Dec 31, 2020

A gateway course for anyone planning to get introduced to the world of architecture. I totally recommend it.

By Daniel C B

Aug 25, 2020

It is a great course. It creates a clear idea of what is architecture. Very complete and nice. I loved it.

By warintha h

May 4, 2020

I love it! You don't really have to have a lot of knowledge, you will learn basic thinking in this lesson.

By mina r

Apr 11, 2020

thank you very much for this course. it was great for me. I learn many things about architecture and enjoy

By Şuayb G

Jan 18, 2021

A highly informative and valuable course that improves your design skills and architectural perspective.