Back to Making Architecture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Making Architecture by IE Business School

Making architecture offers a unique insight into the mind and work of an Architect, starting with the basics of the profession and culminating with the production of a scaled site model. The course should act as ideal preparation for those interested in undertaking an undergraduate degree in Architecture, although its flexible, intriguing and enjoyable content makes it accessible for all those looking to increase their knowledge in the field. Delivered primarily by Professors from the IE School of Architecture and design in Segovia (Spain), the course begins by examining the mind-set of an Architect - asking how they think and what they do to train their creative minds, moving on to using inspiration from the environment to stimulate design ideas. Finally, the course concludes by looking at some of the more technical aspects of Architecture - such as composition, form, space and hierarchy - and stressing the importance of creating a story that helps define your design. This fascinating content is delivered principally from the stunning design studio at the IE school of Architecture and features external videos from a few beautiful locations in the city of Segovia. Finally, it includes interviews from Pritzker Prize executive director - and Dean of the school of Architecture and design at IE - Martha Thorne, with a number of award winning practising architects such as Sarah Wigglesworth and Cristoph Ingenhoven....

SK
Sep 7, 2020

The content is really good for beginner architects, the instructors were amazing and supportive. Examples of project and their analysis is really interesting so perhaps more examples could be added

CS

Even though it is a very short course, the skills, ideas and knowledge learnt is very useful. I can already think of different ways and new ways to approach my work, designs and daily life.

226 - 250 of 256 Reviews for Making Architecture

By ABHANGE I N

Aug 6, 2020

Nice

By Akhil R

Good

By Helge F T

Jun 8, 2020

This is a very good, hands-on introductory course in the mindset of architects and how to analyse and design structures and buildings. Although entry level, the course touches on many aspects of design and architecture and explains the design process and gives relevant examples by known architects and buildings and structures. The assignment is a hands-on exercise taking you into the design process and allows the student to understand design thinking and develop their own ideas. Three different lecturers prove each their personal view and own experiences.

By kundan p

Jun 27, 2020

After completing this course, my point of view towards an architecture is totally changed. I learned a lot from this course and i am very confident to observe, to analys, to get inspired and to design the project or buildind by convergent and divergent thinking. Thanks a lot to all the professors and their team members to give us wonderful knowledge about the architecture.

By Stephanie A S

May 22, 2020

Loved the way the whole course was presented and planned and the final project and assignments were so interesting and fun to make, I did not see it coming. It made me realize that it's very possible that I have the potential to study architecture later on. Overall, this course was enjoyable, entertaining and eye-opening, big thanks to the team who assembled it!

By Carel W

Oct 24, 2020

Really loved the course, would have even liked it more if some of the main concepts were explored in more depth. I understand that peer-review is the only practical way to do grading for all students, but I didn’t get very detailed or much constructive feedback from the other students. Still was a great course, thank you!

By Tarun s P

Jul 1, 2020

The course was great, with each video being short and crisp. My only issue was that the intro for the course videos was too long (27 seconds) taking into consideration of the length of the actual course material per video.

By Patrycja S

May 6, 2020

Really good quality materials to learn but I didn't like scoring system, only my peers were reviewing me, I thought that someone who knows architecture etc will be rating my tasks.

By REN J

Apr 10, 2020

The contents of the course is very intriguing and the assignments are very helpful for me to apply what I have learned from the videos into practice.

By Prashanth K

Oct 4, 2020

It's was great experience learning here, I had dream of learning architecture, but any how I came to about many things in architecture. Thank you

By Khaled E

Apr 25, 2020

The course is amazing and informative. I hope if there is a longer and deeper course covering all the aspects of Arcitecure study

By MD. M N

Jul 5, 2020

This course was designed very well & help me a lot to improve my design sense. Thank you IE University for the opportunity.

By s k

Aug 24, 2020

good course for a beginner to get to know the different aspects present in architechure

By NIKITA R

Aug 30, 2020

THE COURSE WAS GOOD . ALL THREE PROFESSOR WAS AWESOME. I LEARN A LOT.

By Santhosh j

Jan 23, 2020

really very good course for beginners

By yegrett

it was really a useful course

By Omar n