Back to Making Architecture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Making Architecture by IE Business School

Making architecture offers a unique insight into the mind and work of an Architect, starting with the basics of the profession and culminating with the production of a scaled site model. The course should act as ideal preparation for those interested in undertaking an undergraduate degree in Architecture, although its flexible, intriguing and enjoyable content makes it accessible for all those looking to increase their knowledge in the field. Delivered primarily by Professors from the IE School of Architecture and design in Segovia (Spain), the course begins by examining the mind-set of an Architect - asking how they think and what they do to train their creative minds, moving on to using inspiration from the environment to stimulate design ideas. Finally, the course concludes by looking at some of the more technical aspects of Architecture - such as composition, form, space and hierarchy - and stressing the importance of creating a story that helps define your design. This fascinating content is delivered principally from the stunning design studio at the IE school of Architecture and features external videos from a few beautiful locations in the city of Segovia. Finally, it includes interviews from Pritzker Prize executive director - and Dean of the school of Architecture and design at IE - Martha Thorne, with a number of award winning practising architects such as Sarah Wigglesworth and Cristoph Ingenhoven....

SK
Sep 7, 2020

The content is really good for beginner architects, the instructors were amazing and supportive. Examples of project and their analysis is really interesting so perhaps more examples could be added

CS

Even though it is a very short course, the skills, ideas and knowledge learnt is very useful. I can already think of different ways and new ways to approach my work, designs and daily life.

76 - 100 of 292 Reviews for Making Architecture

By Rodolfo N

Nov 26, 2020

Very good fundation course of architecture design, for those who want to initiate in the architecture world and learn the basics, and put in practice a liitlle of this basic concepts in a practical case. I recommend widely this course

By Claire F

This course gave me a great insight on the designer's mindset and the process of design in general. Everything is very well explained, having he video and transcript is very helpful, and the assignments are really interesting to do.

By anastasia s

Apr 24, 2020

Loved the seeming simplicity of the course, and how in short time the professors managed to give a lot of extremely useful information. Thank you so much! Also I think the practical tasks are very well thought through.

By Tutku Y

Oct 26, 2020

I think it is very useful. I have found that our work improves us more, not only by watching the videos but also by doing the exercises. I have acquired information that I will use in my next education. Thank you :)

By Malaz A O M

Sep 17, 2020

amazing presentation and explanation.

So much fun and interesting and easy to digest.

Although architecture is quite difficult to be taught online, this course has been been incredibly informative, engaging and useful.

By Raashidha A R

Aug 11, 2020

I learned a lot of things from the course.. the importance of thinking about design...

helpful as I am doing my architecture degree and need to make several models.. appreciate the course ... thank you so much ...

By Hiya G

Jul 10, 2020

An amazing experience.. and its totally worth a shot, especially if you are an aspiring architect, or fond of architecture, or simply want to explore the world of architecture. I'd highly recommend it!

By Salma S K

Sep 8, 2020

By MEHMOONA M A A

Jul 7, 2020

this architectural course had covered all the basic elements I was looking forward for, I had improved many of my skills through this course as well as I have enjoyed this course a lot.

By Ovidio J

Nov 4, 2020

Un intensivo curso para provocar pasión por el diseño base para ser arquitecto y para organizar las ideas, jerarquía y establecer un método para el diseño de espacios humanos.

By Camila S

Aug 5, 2020

As a future architecture student I felt the course gave me a glimpse of things I could spend during my time studying the career, but in a way it was easy to understand.

By Amy G

I really like this project which introduce to my briefly the work of an architect and helped to determine that this is a major I would like to go for in the future.

By Yerkanat N

Jul 17, 2020

Want to express my thanks for your well organized education and knowledge. I got new vision and look to architecture. Wish you good luck and successful students!

By Rodrigo A

An excellent course to get started into the Architecture world. The teachers explain everything super clear, great example material and interesting assignments!

By Şölen E

Feb 1, 2021

This is such a great course. The course was very enjoyable and very informative. I recommend this course everyone who wants learn about architecture and design

By MASMOUDI E

Dec 7, 2020

Inspiring course which provides you an idea of the daily life of an architect! Perfect introduction very oriented towards practise! Thank you for this class.

By Annita

Jun 2, 2020

Very well structured and clearly presented. The activities lead the learner through different ways of thinking, and step by step to design a small project.

By Fateme T

Dec 16, 2020

this was a very good course that I learned a very essential and constructive introduction about architecture thank you so much for your amazing faculties.

By AKASH P

Jun 14, 2020

Model making and space analysis are two basic things I have learnt and further learnt various principles rules and many more life hacks for an architect

By faimon f

Dec 1, 2020

The way of there teaching was good and design brief was well explained

Overall good course those who interest in architecture they can choose this one

By Enaal N A

Aug 24, 2020

I am so happy to do this experience and so exited I wish to do more training with this school and i wold to thank all Professors for their efforts

By Khushali P E

Jun 1, 2020

Course was very nice I like it thanks for Coursera. Coursera is very good platform for Learning & Gaining. Thank you so much Coursera & all hole team

By Giovanni G R M

Sep 28, 2020

Este curso me ha permitido saber mas a fondo aquello que comprende la arquitectura como pensamiento y modo artístico de llevar a nuestras vidas.

By dorsa s

Dec 6, 2020

personally I enjoyed a lot and also I've learned a lot and this course made me even more certain about my way and my passion about architecture

By Rutik C

Jun 18, 2020

This course really helps develop the skills required for basic architecture and also explains things in a very understandable way .THANK YOU .