Back to Making Architecture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Making Architecture by IE Business School

Making architecture offers a unique insight into the mind and work of an Architect, starting with the basics of the profession and culminating with the production of a scaled site model. The course should act as ideal preparation for those interested in undertaking an undergraduate degree in Architecture, although its flexible, intriguing and enjoyable content makes it accessible for all those looking to increase their knowledge in the field. Delivered primarily by Professors from the IE School of Architecture and design in Segovia (Spain), the course begins by examining the mind-set of an Architect - asking how they think and what they do to train their creative minds, moving on to using inspiration from the environment to stimulate design ideas. Finally, the course concludes by looking at some of the more technical aspects of Architecture - such as composition, form, space and hierarchy - and stressing the importance of creating a story that helps define your design. This fascinating content is delivered principally from the stunning design studio at the IE school of Architecture and features external videos from a few beautiful locations in the city of Segovia. Finally, it includes interviews from Pritzker Prize executive director - and Dean of the school of Architecture and design at IE - Martha Thorne, with a number of award winning practising architects such as Sarah Wigglesworth and Cristoph Ingenhoven....

SK
Sep 7, 2020

The content is really good for beginner architects, the instructors were amazing and supportive. Examples of project and their analysis is really interesting so perhaps more examples could be added

CS

Even though it is a very short course, the skills, ideas and knowledge learnt is very useful. I can already think of different ways and new ways to approach my work, designs and daily life.

76 - 100 of 256 Reviews for Making Architecture

By Hiya G

Jul 10, 2020

An amazing experience.. and its totally worth a shot, especially if you are an aspiring architect, or fond of architecture, or simply want to explore the world of architecture. I'd highly recommend it!

By Salma S K

Sep 8, 2020

By Khaled S

Jun 30, 2020

I learned so much from this course that I never knew when it comes to the basics of architecture. The projects were really insightful and fun to do and the whole course is very well made!

By MEHMOONA M A A

Jul 7, 2020

this architectural course had covered all the basic elements I was looking forward for, I had improved many of my skills through this course as well as I have enjoyed this course a lot.

By Ovidio J

Nov 4, 2020

Un intensivo curso para provocar pasión por el diseño base para ser arquitecto y para organizar las ideas, jerarquía y establecer un método para el diseño de espacios humanos.

By Camila S

Aug 5, 2020

As a future architecture student I felt the course gave me a glimpse of things I could spend during my time studying the career, but in a way it was easy to understand.

By Amy G

I really like this project which introduce to my briefly the work of an architect and helped to determine that this is a major I would like to go for in the future.

By Yerkanat N

Jul 17, 2020

Want to express my thanks for your well organized education and knowledge. I got new vision and look to architecture. Wish you good luck and successful students!

By Rodrigo A

An excellent course to get started into the Architecture world. The teachers explain everything super clear, great example material and interesting assignments!

By Annita

Jun 2, 2020

Very well structured and clearly presented. The activities lead the learner through different ways of thinking, and step by step to design a small project.

By AKASH P

Jun 14, 2020

Model making and space analysis are two basic things I have learnt and further learnt various principles rules and many more life hacks for an architect

By Enaal N A

Aug 24, 2020

I am so happy to do this experience and so exited I wish to do more training with this school and i wold to thank all Professors for their efforts

By Khushali P E

Jun 1, 2020

Course was very nice I like it thanks for Coursera. Coursera is very good platform for Learning & Gaining. Thank you so much Coursera & all hole team

By Giovanni G R M

Sep 28, 2020

Este curso me ha permitido saber mas a fondo aquello que comprende la arquitectura como pensamiento y modo artístico de llevar a nuestras vidas.

By Rutik C

Jun 18, 2020

This course really helps develop the skills required for basic architecture and also explains things in a very understandable way .THANK YOU .

By Franklin J D G G

Aug 19, 2020

I really like it, all the content of the course is very dynamic and explanatory, i acquired básico knowledge of the course and I recommend it

By Elena B

Jun 18, 2020

It was very educational as well as fun too! I loved this course so much! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to take part to this course!

By Odil M

Aug 24, 2020

It was a best course that can help to understant architecture to people, who doesn't have any idea about architecture. I liked this course.

By Alexis C E

May 12, 2020

I was teleported to Segovia for the videos! My desire was to start a new course there immediately. Thanks IE university for the opportunity!

By Moussa Y I

Apr 23, 2020

I always wanted to be an architect and now I am Urban designer this course helped me a lot

It was really fun and enjoyable course

By Kumushxon M

Jul 30, 2020

I wish these courses never ended! What a pity that they ended:(

I look forward to continuing and the next level with the same professors!

By Shailesh S

Aug 14, 2020

Simple and clear. I learned things that normally is ignored during designs. This course was really helpful. I only wish it was longer.

By Francesca R

May 6, 2020

Great course for beginners or even for mature architects! It's refreshing to go back to the start and remind us how big is this field!

By Anshuman T

Oct 25, 2020

I liked the way fundamentals are explained in the course. It is absolutely easy to follow as a beginner in the field of architecture.

By Siddhika s

Jun 25, 2020

good experience . i really love how faculties explain whole things. assignments are fun. I have learned so much about architecture.