Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

MV

Jan 15, 2019

This course has an outstanding wealth of information for new people entering the Human Resources arena. I also recommend it to others that want to brush up on knowledge and skills of the HR industry.

226 - 250 of 617 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Abdi W

Jun 20, 2017

great course!

By Bryan B

Jul 26, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed this class. It is a great introduction to the HR world. It kept me interested all the way through. It made me want to take the rest of this HR series to get the certification.

By Marsha H

Aug 08, 2016

Great course, great instructor who enables you to enjoy the learning process.

By Abdullah H

Apr 15, 2017

This course was a joy

By Viviana M

Mar 27, 2016

I totally recommend this course for an introduction to HR. The professor makes each session very interesting.

By Jes?s P

Mar 10, 2016

Excelente curso. Aporta unas bases muy firmes para lo que continuará en la especialización.

By Jonathan K A

Mar 09, 2016

The best so far with a lot of lessons to put into practical experiences

By Indira O

Sep 22, 2016

I loved it. Very helpful and useful.

By Mariam M A

Jun 27, 2017

great

By Shivangi T

May 01, 2018

informative course

By Timothy A

Sep 30, 2016

This is a great course for those who are thinking about a career in HR. It is also serves a good refresher for current managers.

By Robert R

Sep 25, 2016

It has given me a great view of what an HR is. Loved it.

By Erik B

Sep 19, 2017

Excellent background on HR and its history. Great Introduction, all though a bit slow at some times. In general - excellent!

By Freddy P

Jan 05, 2017

Very good teaching model, all videos are easy to understand and all pictures describe easy to memorize

I'm really happy to continue my learning

By Oriana K

Apr 11, 2018

Extensive knowledge, a lot of material, very academic but great base.

By JULIO C S N

Jan 10, 2018

Great specialization program.

By CARLA C

Feb 20, 2017

Great course with lots of information for a newbie like me.

By Gabriella A

Aug 20, 2016

This course is the perfect basis in learning how to manage Human Resources. John Budd is engaging, funny, and shares an array of valuable information. I have left this course prepared with the knowledge of various managerial styles, why they work (and when they work), HR laws and how they differ from the US to other countries, and employee motivations (both monetary and non-monetary).

By Darina S

Nov 06, 2017

I really loved this course. The material is presented logically and well structured. I liked lots of visual information and Professor's sense of humor.

By CHARLES M

Apr 22, 2018

Great course

By ALEEYA S

Mar 03, 2017

Very informative and assisted me in thinking outside of the box when it comes to managing people. It provided different approaches to managing individuals

By Abhinav B

May 20, 2017

One of the best courses I have enrolled. The entire course is descriptive with focus on key concepts. Live examples from leading HRs are a big plus. Highly recommended.

By halima a

Nov 30, 2016

I have never enjoyed learening before like i did with cousera i cant wait to get more of it.

By MOHAN V S

May 12, 2017

I had some great time with this course. Happy Learning.

By Kateryna C

Nov 30, 2016

It was really useful! Thanks a lot!