Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG
Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH
Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

226 - 250 of 1,804 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Osama A

Jun 14, 2019

for everyone envolve in creating this course especially Mr.

John W. Budd . I like the method in teaching and how you make learning an intersting thing to do.

best of luck for everyone

By Ivan J

Jan 2, 2020

I learned a lot of good things and developed some new skills. Professor Budd talked very understandable and I am very satisfy with whole course. That is what I'm looking for! :))))

By Annie T

Nov 17, 2020

Excellent material, interesting, funny and experienced tutor, useful insight for managing HR as an HR person or as a manager. Highly recommended for entry level management people.

By Isaac O

Apr 23, 2018

The best HR course I have pursued so far. The lecture on employment and labour law was very excellent. I got so much on HR Strategies and the need to an HR partner in the business

By Parth S

Apr 17, 2020

I like to learn and I get a live example of working culture and I have memorized the culture we are following in our company. So Thank you so much for the best Inputs in my life.

By Juliet A O

Dec 14, 2018

This first has really opened my eyes to some HR practices I never knew especially regarding laws guiding employees . I had an amazing time and zero regret taking up this course !

By Darja Š

Apr 14, 2016

Absolutely great and outstanding course. It has been a real pleasure for me to be a part of it. Thank you John Budd for providing this amazing experince and invaluable knowlegde.

By Mildred E M

Dec 10, 2020

The course is very methodically imparted and is very substantial. Kudos to the University of Minnesota and its faculty at the Carlson Management School and Professor John Budd.

By Divya s

May 22, 2020

Amazing course, go to learn a lot. I am unable to proceed with the specialization. Can somebody help with it. I did not get enrolled in all the courses under the specialization.

By CONNIE B

Nov 12, 2017

I would recommend this course to anyone who is seeking to general understanding of HR. Additionally, this course provides a great foundation to completing additional HR courses.

By Cilicia H

Mar 4, 2021

The course was great , productive and very informative. This course educated in ways more than one in management and how to deal with every employee and situations differently.

By Brittany H

Oct 11, 2020

Great course! I enjoyed the in depth content of this course. The professor brought great humor and provided great detailed information that was easy to follow and understand.

By Jessika S

Apr 22, 2020

I have learned so much throughout this course, I am actually preparing to take on a role as a manager, but I never thought that the HR world would be this thrilling. Thank you.

By Petsikopoulou A

Apr 2, 2021

It was an amazing course. I learnt so many useful information about how to Manage Human Resources. Professor John Budd was an amazing teacher. I will definitely recommend it.

By Gamage G P S

Jul 15, 2020

This is a good place to improve your HR knowledge Lecturers have a lot of knowledge and experience. And also they provide real experiences and examples to understand theories.

By Bharti B

Aug 23, 2018

This HR Course has been a very in-depth and intense knowledge for a student to understand HR role in an of the organisation. Also takes you through how to deal with employees.

By EMMANUEL S H

Sep 10, 2016

Excellent ! The best course I have ever came across to, I enjoyed the whole session and I learn many things that will be essential for me when I venture out in the job market.

By SURAJO M

Sep 26, 2020

When it comes to HRM online courses, I higherly recommends Coursera, for it has the in-depth analysis and contents, prepared for shaping and putting the HR students on track.

By Oghenevwhaerhe A

I have learnt so much on this course that will help me to manage the people around me efficiently and effectively.

Thank you Coursera for the opportunity given to me to learn

By Krnaali V

Apr 4, 2020

The instructor was very good. The infirmation provided was just right and delivery was never boring. Had a great experience and learnt a lot about the basics required for HRM

By Gautham k T

Jun 3, 2020

really a great course that everyone who are aspiring to enter into the field of human resource. special thanks to john budd sir who introduced the human resources strategies

By Rafay S

Jul 5, 2020

After taking this course my knowledge regarding to Human Resource Management enhanced and i it gives me a broader version to think strategically to achieve better outcomes.

By Shubham T

Jul 1, 2020

A very thorough course which was well explained. After watching the introductory video I was very excited and the faculty connected them very skillfully with great examples

By HITESH D

this course is really helpful to have an complete insight of how employees behave and what they actual demand from the organization and what in return organization demand.

By Davide U

Mar 28, 2020

Highly recommended for anyone who wants to understand how HRM looks like or is in charge of managing people and wants to do it in an effective, managerial and leading way.