Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

MV

Jan 15, 2019

This course has an outstanding wealth of information for new people entering the Human Resources arena. I also recommend it to others that want to brush up on knowledge and skills of the HR industry.

251 - 275 of 1,154 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Anderson G P

May 19, 2018

The course was certainly a great opportunity to learn best practices, and Professor Budd's classes are incredible! I recommend !

By Timothy A

Sep 30, 2016

This is a great course for those who are thinking about a career in HR. It is also serves a good refresher for current managers.

By Joseph M

Apr 25, 2020

This course has been helpful in building my understanding of HR practice and to effectively be a strategic HR business partner.

By Adrián A C B

Oct 14, 2018

Wonderful, really its a challenge for me because my english isnt very good, but with calm and dedication everything is possible

By Mihir D

Jul 09, 2020

This course gives basic fundamentals about Human Resource Management. This course helps us to understand various HR functions.

By MOHAMED M P

Jun 24, 2020

The interest in the subject boosted due very nice and live like presentation that some time may not get actual direct classes

By Saleh M A

It is one of the best courses in HR I have learned. It combines both theories and practices through using wonderful methods.

By Jennifer H

Apr 01, 2020

Really enjoyed this course. Prof Budd's course presentation and slides are very clear, easy to understand and even humourous!

By Le T M T

Oct 01, 2019

A great course ever! Thank you so much for providing me and many others the great course for personal and career development.

By Ellen

May 01, 2019

Good course for an introduction into HR, I enjoyed learning about the correlations between HR Management and Economic Theory.

By Kelly Z

May 07, 2020

Great instruction. Learned valuable information from the course. Peer activities were a great learning experience as well.

By Erik B

Sep 19, 2017

Excellent background on HR and its history. Great Introduction, all though a bit slow at some times. In general - excellent!

By Emily

Mar 24, 2020

Professor Budd does an excellent job teaching the course. I can't recommend him highly enough. I had a great time learning.

By Nisarga. M

Jul 01, 2020

It was an awesome experience to me... To know the how to manage an organization and employees.. As a manager I had learned

By SANTOSH A M

May 06, 2020

Great. John sir explained everything very well. Good animation also due to that i get easy to clear chapter. Thank you sir

By Mai O

Apr 21, 2020

I liked this course very much I wasn't know any thing about human resources but now I know a lot about it and the managing

By Humma A

Apr 27, 2017

Great Stepping stone for learners wanting to enter the HR field, and also a great refresher course for any HR professional

By Norman S

Jun 23, 2019

Very informational. AS a newby in HR, this has opened new opportunities for learning. I am excited to have a follow thru

By saman a

Jun 07, 2020

Amazing! At start I was so blank about human resource but then this course help me know the basics.It was very worthful

By Ibrahim A A

Apr 18, 2020

the classes are very good and simple the exercises that we do after every week make me understand the classes very well

By Дмитрий Л

Jun 06, 2017

Good course, I would recommend for those who want to dive into HR field. Thanks to professor, it was a nice experience

By Reginald B

Great course even though I have been in HR for a while it provided me with some very important refreshed information.

By Abidemi I

The course opened my eyes to what we neglect as HR, thinking is not work. I really enjoyed the training on the course

By Oladipo V A

Mar 27, 2020

Well dished out. The experience was superb. I can recommend this course anytime and anywhere.

Thanks to Team Coursera.

By Süeda H G

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you so much for this excellent course. I'm so happy to attend. I believe all what I learned will help me a lot.