Back to Mindfulness and Well-being: Peace in, Peace Out

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindfulness and Well-being: Peace in, Peace Out by Rice University

The purpose of this course is to introduce mindfulness as a robust tool for spiritual development. Highlighting its rich traditional roots, the course explores the capacity of mindfulness to expand understanding about the nature of human consciousness and facilitate certain transcendent emotional experiences, including awe, wonder and flow. Designed for practical application, the course includes a variety of meditations, reflective exercises and activities to help make the material personally meaningful and is the culmination of a specialization created to promote holistic well-being through the practice of mindfulness....

MW

Aug 18, 2022

Practical, inspirational, clear - I found this course really helpful and honestly think it's helping me to improve my life. Many thanks To Dr. Slater and all involved.

DH

Jun 28, 2022

Exceptional insctructor, Exceptional course. I'm very grateful to have this offering and look forward to more.

1 - 8 of 8 Reviews for Mindfulness and Well-being: Peace in, Peace Out

By Marie B

May 25, 2022

I enjoyed and got a lot out of these courses (series of three). The instructer is very knowledgable, however, the lack of feedback is not helpful to any student. If an instructor is going to give a faling grade on an assignment, they should say why. It is not useful to fail a student with no explanation. It is for this reason, that I am unable to finish this course, and I am reluctant to take another course on-line.

By Sanja R

Oct 9, 2022

The most valuable thing I learned in this course is how to incorporate mindfulness into everyday life and be persistent in practicing it. I enjoyed the task and especially the interviews with mindfulness practitioners.  I learned so much in this course and most importantly I learned how to develop my skills future.

By Earle P

Oct 5, 2022

Wonderful course! Just what I needed to supplement my other learnings and training in mindfulness meditation. Dr. Elizabeth Slator is an awesome professor. Lots of student engagement and participation. I learned a lot and loved it!

By Mark W

Jan 28, 2023

thanks to RIce University and Dr Elisabeth Slator for these wonderful courses

By Pegah

Jun 17, 2022

I have learned a lot from this course and I highly recommend it .

By Jill F

Nov 16, 2022

This class is life changing. Thank you!