Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

RM

Highly informative..Nan Jokerst , you are the best teacher .Amazing team work with proper theory as well as practical knowledge. I gained my interest in Nanotech. Thankyou for the wonderful sessions.

M

In my undergrad I have learned about fabrication in the VLSI course, now I have got the gest of cooking. thank you for such a course, hope I will get some further help from rtnn.org & RTNN team.

76 - 100 of 477 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By Y. S S S

Jan 2, 2018

I thank my Instructors very much, as they have created the best content, and have shown each demonstration, of every equipment and the concepts taught. This course helped me very much in increasing knowledge in my disciple, Nanotechnology

By adwaita

Mar 8, 2018

One of the best course for the one's who have just kept their foots in their field. All the elaborations and study material are properly set according to the understanding of viewers... thank you for this journey through nanoscience...

By kirthana r

Apr 13, 2020

Amazing course. I have never seen anything like this course before. This course goes far beyond theory and teaches you how to operate the respective instruments. I love this course...can`t wait to see more courses from you guys.

By KUSUMA A K

Jun 7, 2020

very comprehensive course covering important topics in the field of nanotechnology and nanofabrication. The course is well structured and well understandable combining videos about theory background and practical demonstrations

By Indumathy. B

Jul 4, 2020

It is very useful course for research purpose. All the classes were designed in such a manner that the student can easily understand the basic concepts . All demo classes were very useful. Thank uou for your initiative RTNN.

By Naresh A

May 3, 2020

The course was useful to get the information on Nanomaterial measurement and analysis. Process of nano Electronics fabrication like thin film deposition process, Atomic layer deposition and etching process are well explained.

By KARTHIKEYAN S

May 23, 2020

This is a great course to learn by getting virtual hands on like experience of most of the high end characterizing, depositing, lithography and etching devices. Thanks to the instructors for sharing their knowledge and labs.

By KATANGURU L

very well explained and demonstrated the techniques very clearly and wad feeling as i am in the laboratory .

thanks to all the professors for giving this wonderful oppurtunity of learning

thankyou once again

DR.Laxmi Katanguru

By Pavithra V

May 25, 2019

This course has exposed me to the various methods by which nanomaterials can be fabricated. The lectures were very intriguing and the topics were explained very clearly.

Looking forward to doing more courses like this!

By Rakesh

Jun 20, 2020

It was excellent to see most of the lectures and the practical demonstrations being conducted by female staff and students. A strong message against the STEM stereotype that we all are familiar with. Excellent work.

By Sheik M

May 13, 2020

Thanks to Prof.Nan Jokerst, Dr. Carrie Donley and Dr. Jacob Jones for making us nanomakers by explaining with all practical demo experiments in a very simple and understandable manner. Thanks to RTNN and Coursera.

By Arghavan A

I learned a lot. I loved Na's passion for the subject and the way she teaches and I believe that this course will help me to prepare for a job in the semiconductor industry. I just wish the forum was more active.

By Suresh B

May 5, 2020

Hi

I am teaching foundations of Nano-Electronics for Final year B.Sc. Students.

This course has enriched my knowledge in the field of Nanotechnology.

Course content is really good.Thanks to Coursera and RTNN Labs.

By Raúl M S

Aug 20, 2018

Es un curso excelente, me ha dado la oportunidad de conocer mucho de la NANOTECNOLOGIA, espero la oportunidad de continuar con estos cursos en niveles mas avanzados. Gracias por darme la oportunidad de aprender

By Piyush P J

The course is well organized with the proper demonstration of all Synthesis and characterization methods. Involvement of PhD faculty to Graduate students is very impacting.

Thank You for Organizing this course.

By Brendan U A

Jan 4, 2019

Thank you for making this course available online, I really do appreciate what you guys have done, this has really helped me a lot as such courses aren't available yet in my country, thank you all once again.

By Sabīne T

Jun 20, 2020

A very interesting and informative course about various techniques used for making/imaging nanosized structures. I learned a lot of useful information which I hope I can use in my future scientific works.

By venkataratnam k

Aug 8, 2020

It's an excellent course to learn methods used in the characterisation of nanomaterials in a practical way. My sincere thanks to all members of RTNN, NCSU who explained different concepts in the course.

By nayab a k

Feb 12, 2019

it is one the best course I have enrolled in. brief and comprehensive explanation of different techniques with demonstration. I recommend this course to everyone who wants to learn about nanotechnology.

By Ivan H T V

Oct 30, 2017

Es una gran experiencia, en torno a sumergirse en el mundo de la Nanotecnología. Entrando a reconocer recursos tecnológicos, procesos y metodologías que permiten generar innovaciones, por estos tiempos.

By Dr. H T

Aug 11, 2020

Anyone who is willing to learn nanotechnology must go through this course once. Great work by the Professors and others who were involved in making such content. I bow down to them.

Dr. Hansnath Tiwari.

By Shirish B

Jul 14, 2020

Prof. Nan Jokerst is an outstanding faculty. She made this course interesting and outstanding among all other faculties.

Thank You so Much Prof. Nan Jokerst Making Nanotechnology Interesting course.

By Md. S I

By Carlos E N C

Jul 15, 2020

Great course! it gives you the basics of nanocharacterization and thin film fabrication techniques. I would have liked the course focuses not only on thin films but also on other nanosystems

By Shreya J

Jun 11, 2020

Extremely dedicated teachers!

High levels of engagement, clear explanations and high quality teaching!!

All demonstrations are well demonstrated and explained.

Truly helped a beginner like me.