Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

HH

Mar 17, 2019

I would like to express my thankfulness to you, for your wonderful lessons. I learned a lot of things from you. Your expertise and the way of teaching are quite fantastic. Many thanks again.

SQ

Sep 18, 2019

This is a very informative course for scientists and researchers especially working in materials science and engineering. I would gladly recommend this course to my research fellows

76 - 100 of 126 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By Mutawara M B

Nov 16, 2018

It is one of the best courses I have attend. All the Instructor have beautifully explain their respective topic in brief time. One of the best thing about this course is the inclusions of animations and demonstration videos which helps in understanding the core concept of specific topic.

By Masood

Nov 20, 2018

Excellent course . I recommend this course to all those who wants to start a career in Nano technology.

By HAMZA M

Nov 21, 2018

Thanks for giving opportunity to students to enhance their skills regarding their field.

By PHEBA C

Nov 23, 2018

Its excellent, gives an idea how procedures are done in a nanofabrication lab

By Mathilde L

Nov 27, 2018

Very good course for the basis on nano making !

By DINESH R R

Oct 11, 2018

As I have to do my Postdoc in MEMS fabrication and Design. So this course give me the good knowledge form the expert of this field. Also the quality of teaching in the Coursera is far better than other online courses and also have the impact on industries working on MEMS fabrication.

By Raúl M S

Aug 20, 2018

Es un curso excelente, me ha dado la oportunidad de conocer mucho de la NANOTECNOLOGIA, espero la oportunidad de continuar con estos cursos en niveles mas avanzados. Gracias por darme la oportunidad de aprender

By Antonio P C

Aug 20, 2018

Very useful introduction

By Dave T

Sep 23, 2018

It´s the best online technical course that I have learned!

By Luis F

May 02, 2019

Un curso bastante completo donde aprendes paso a paso cada procedimiento y muy bien explicado.

By Aditya S

Jun 20, 2019

Course is really helpful for chemical and material science engineering students. Great demonstrations for all the basic and required characterisation techniques.

By Harsh G

Jun 23, 2019

Very useful and informative course.

By Rahaman k

Jul 02, 2019

sucess

By DEEPALI

Jul 02, 2019

Best Descriptive course

By onteru N

May 22, 2019

Thank you for your nice and clear classes and topic covered.

By Jeongrae K

May 23, 2019

I have already ask my friends to take this course.

Fast, Simple, Well-Organized, Great explanation

Thank you for the course.

By Pavithra V

May 25, 2019

This course has exposed me to the various methods by which nanomaterials can be fabricated. The lectures were very intriguing and the topics were explained very clearly.

Looking forward to doing more courses like this!

By Pratik B

Jun 06, 2019

I have worked on fabrication and characterization of nano and micro materials before. With little background of it I was able to grasp maximum to dos and not to dos very well. Learning about new instruments and indepth if techniques used in fabrication is very useful.

By Zykov V

Jun 06, 2019

This course is great! Thanks a lot!

By Francisco M C

Jul 13, 2019

Excellent course. I loved it. I will purchase it soon.

By 李世國

Jul 17, 2019

學完之後對wafer有基本的認識,受益良多

By Sheikh A M

Jul 22, 2019

Very useful and well structured!

By Rohan S

Jul 24, 2019

Very thorough and organized! Gave me insight about a number of fabrication and characterization processes!

By Bharathi R

Aug 03, 2019

I find it very useful. It is a great course that gave me an idea and insights on a lot of things I do. Thanks to all the people who put in effort to take notes, classes, assignments. Especially the demonstrations were great and useful. Thanks to everyone. Keep it going. Thank you!

By Robert S

Aug 07, 2019

Course was engaging, succinct and well structured.