Back to Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills by University of Michigan

We all negotiate on a daily basis. On a personal level, we negotiate with friends, family, landlords, car sellers and employers, among others. Negotiation is also the key to business success. No business can survive without profitable contracts. Within a company, negotiation skills can lead to your career advancement. I hope that you will join the hundreds of thousands of learners who have made “Successful Negotiation” one of the most popular and highly-rated MOOCs worldwide. In the course, you’ll learn about and practice the four steps to a successful negotiation: (1) Prepare: Plan Your Negotiation Strategy (2) Negotiate: Use Key Tactics for Success (3) Close: Create a Contract (4) Perform and Evaluate: The End Game To successfully complete this course and improve your ability to negotiate, you’ll need to do the following: (1) Watch the short videos (ranging from 5 to 20 minutes). The videos are interactive and they include questions to test your understanding of negotiation strategy and skills. You can speed up or slow down videos to match your preferred pace for listening. Depending on your schedule, you can watch the videos over a few weeks or you can binge watch them. A learner who binge-watched the course concluded that “It’s as good as Breaking Bad.” Another learner compared the course to “House of Cards.” Both shows contain interesting examples of complex negotiations! (2) Test your negotiation skills by completing the negotiation in Module 6. You can negotiate with a local friend or use Discussions to find a partner from another part of the world. Your negotiation partner will give you feedback on your negotiation skills. To assist you with your negotiations, I have developed several free negotiating planning tools that are related to the course. These tools and a free app are available at http://negotiationplanner.com/ (3) Take the final exam. To successfully complete the course, you must answer 80% of the questions correctly. The exam is a Mastery Exam, which means that you can take it as many times as you want until you master the material. Course Certificate You have the option of earning a Course Certificate. A Certificate provides formal recognition of your achievements in the course and includes the University of Michigan logo. Learn more about Certificates at: https://learner.coursera.help/hc/en-us/articles/209819053-Get-a-Course-Certificate This course is also available in Spanish and Portuguese. To join the fully translated Spanish version, visit this page: https://www.coursera.org/learn/negociacion/ To join the fully translated Portuguese version, visit this page: https://www.coursera.org/learn/negociacao Subtitles for the videos are available in English, Ukrainian, Chinese (Simplified), Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish Created by: University of Michigan The course logo composite is shared with a Creative Commons CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/) license, and was created using images provided courtesy of Flazingo Photos (http://bit.ly/1zOylRm) and K2 Space (https://www.flickr.com/photos/k2space/14257556613/in/set-72157644732478432)....

AB

Mar 09, 2017

Probably the best course videos Ive come across. Professor George I believe is an amazing teacher...the way he gets the concept across to students by simple and constant examples is worth mentioning..

YT

Sep 18, 2015

This is one of the best and enlightening MOOC I have taken and I already start reaping the benefit. I encourage everyone who is serious about his/her career to consider this course!\n\nYannick Kounga

226 - 250 of 1,352 Reviews for Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills

By Anthony K

Nov 11, 2016

This has been one of the most fantastic journeys in my (upper) education! Excellent teaching, great contents, definitely valuable for anyone involved in business relationships.

By Giovanna C

Mar 08, 2016

love the professor and content

By Allen X

Sep 20, 2015

one of the best online courses i have ever attended

By Patrycja E S

Nov 27, 2015

Excellent course! I recommend this course for everyone interested in negotiation whether you're an amateur (just like me) or a professional. The course content is clear and the lectures are easy to follow. Professor, you explained everything very neatly and clearly. It was a very valuable experience to me, and I found myself learning more than I thought I would. It's definitely worth trying!

Thank you professor Siedel for your wonderful work.

Best regards,

Patrycja E. Stala

By Mones A

Oct 27, 2017

Impressive course and content. well presented.

By Luiz F A

Jan 18, 2016

Excellent

By Eloy A

Feb 12, 2016

Excelente curso, muy completo y muy bien explicado.

By Miguel A R C

Nov 04, 2015

Es una gran oportunidad, los ejemplos son realmente enriquecedores.

By Iven L B

Sep 23, 2015

Very interesting, concise yet not limited. Practical, great professor and teaching material

By Aldo R P E

Mar 21, 2018

非常有帮助!考试题目设置的也很好!

By MAHMOUD A A A N

Oct 17, 2015

I had gained a lot of experience from this course, fantastic!

By Vinicius R

Sep 29, 2015

Great course. I recommend it!

By kevin m

Mar 07, 2017

Great course. Loved the information and the practice negotiation. I learned a ton and now want to find ways to use and hone my negotiation skills! Recommend to all.

By James S

Nov 25, 2015

A great course and a fantastic introduction to negotiation

By Priit v

Dec 01, 2015

I have not yet finished the course, as I am about to embark on the last homework exercise. However, up until now, the course has been extremely clear and well structured. The lesson material has been amazingly well structured.

I recommend this to all.

By André A

Oct 01, 2015

Extremamente envolvente por apresentar fatos reais em seus exemplos, tanto para o sucesso nas negociações, como para negócios fracassados que servem de exemplo para a melhora contínua.

By Yeniret F B

May 16, 2017

Excelente curso, recomendado ya que te da las herramientas para lograr tus metas en una negociación; ganar es importante pero también que la otra parte sienta que tambien gano.

By Aris V

Sep 13, 2015

This is a wonderful course about Negotiation. What I like most is the teacher who is really prepared and the subject which allows me to evolve in many situations concerning conflicts and deals.

By José A

Sep 11, 2015

You'll be surprised by the importance of this class...

By Firdaus A

Aug 30, 2016

I am absolutely love this course! Despite frequent use of negotiating in my job, I was always dislike to negotiate until I sit for the course and learn the theory. The course also designed so well for a busy professional like me, with less gruesome schedules and deadlines. I totally recommend this course for those who never really completed any course in Coursera successfully, and of course, to those who wants to learn more about the theory of negotiati

By Susannah R

Feb 01, 2016

Well presented, with clear direction, I can see that the knowledge gained in this course will help me through life. Thank you very much.

By Eddie H

Jun 27, 2016

This course is very informative and provides a life long lesson of information that will help you better deal with salesmen.

By Nazmul A T

Feb 08, 2016

Excellent course. Life changing indeed.