Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

MF

Dec 29, 2021

Excellent course for understanding the extent to which human neurobiology is complex and fascinating, with multiple opportunities to compare findings with other species and get a better understanding.

PM

Mar 22, 2020

This course has turned out to very profitable, especially if you are not an expert in anatomical and clinical terms as is my case. In my opinion, this course is extremely interesting, congratulations.

276 - 300 of 742 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Malijani T

Mar 7, 2019

Dear Ms. Peggy,

Thank you very much. It is really a great experience and I know so much about myself and other people too. All the best to you and all your love ones.

Best reagrd,

Monica Malijani

By Genavieve J

Jul 29, 2020

Amazing course! I have done a few science related courses on coursera and nothing compares to this one. Very well explained and the professor has an amazing way of teaching. Highly recommend!

By Jeanette H

Jun 11, 2020

Professor Mason's passion for her field is evident and she makes a complex subject accessible to people like me with zero knowledge of the subject. Thoroughly enjoyed the course, thank you.

By Mohanad H A

May 16, 2022

I benefited greatly from this course. I felt that Professor Mason was part of my family. It's great and her explanation is excellent. Thank you from the bottom of my heart professor mason.

By Elina S

Jan 24, 2021

A very fascinating course which can be taken both by biological students and by people who are interested in learning the brain structure and mechanisms. This course is highly recommended!

By Sanhita S

Jul 4, 2020

This course was fantastic and transformative. Studying the brain changes your life, and this course gave me a solid grounding to better understand everything else I learn about the brain.

By Claudia A G Q

Mar 1, 2018

A great experience, so thrilling to understan a bit more about our amazing nervous system and brains! Dr. Mason is wonderful, giving everyday examples so we can all relate and understand.

By Govind P

Dec 17, 2016

Excellent. Passionate teacher, well rounded modules. The way of formulating questions in the weekly exams is sometimes difficult to understand. Could and should be cleared by the authors.

By Amanda P

Aug 19, 2020

Peggy Mason is Awesome! Thank you for your generosity, passion and dedication to helping others understand the brain. I found the course extremely interesting, helpful and valuable!

By Sriranjani M

Great course to understand the brain and its vastness! Thank you, Dr. Peggy Mason, for this excellent course. I highly recommend it for anybody new to the field of the brain sciences.

By Maria F H

Jun 2, 2022

V​ery interesting course. I hope there are more course like this which focused to some interesting issue like split-brain, emotion, personality, sleep based on how the brain works.

By Maren M

Professor Peggy Mason is wonderful! The course is extremely manageable, well organized, and incredibly interesting, connecting neurobiology to common and rare medical conditions.

By ABDUL K

Apr 18, 2020

it was overall a best experience to learn this course by Professor Peggy Mason.

I will strongly recommend this high yield course to all those interested in learning neurobiology.

By Jitendra B

Nov 15, 2018

excellent course for every one, good contents on Neurobiology and presentation by professor peggy meson undoubted super, i will recommend one should try for this course. thanks

By Kandoba E A

Jun 11, 2020

Exciting, challenging, and very clear. I was delighted to be taught by Professor Peggy Mason. Very clear explanation, very interesting examples, a lot of additional materials.

By Franklin D S N

Feb 18, 2020

I fully believe that this course helped me to develop new skills in my daily life. it was an update on my future academic life. Since I met this platform, my life has changed.

By Martin R L Q

Jun 15, 2020

A comprehensive and fascinating course about the structure and functions of the brain and its intimate relationship with the body and human behaviour. Highly recommendable

By Vivian F

Jan 16, 2018

The course was execellent. Professor Peggy Mason introduced us to neurobiology in comprehensive and engaging way. I will recomend this course ! thank you professor Maggy!

By Jessica G

Oct 18, 2016

Doing this as prep for my Biopsych class next year. Really enjoying the material, Peggy's delivery (and affection for the humble neuron) is infectious.

Many thanks, Jess

By Christine M L

Feb 10, 2021

Dr. Peggy Mason does an amazing job explaining this complicated material in down to earth, personal and fun ways. This was a challenging course but I really enjoyed it.

By Josephine T

Aug 31, 2020

A very interesting course that delivers neurobiology in an amount of depth that is not too basic, but still understandable by people who do not really major in biology.

By Samia A V E

Jul 29, 2020

Excellent course, the materials are great, the final project is also very interesting, anyone who wants to know more about the brain should take it! Highly recommended!

By Natchnan V

Mar 16, 2022

This is a very great course that enhances knowledge of neuroscience, biology, analysis, and wisdom of living. Thank you the University of Chicago and Professor Peggy.

By Aakash C

Jul 17, 2020

This course is amazing and it gives a great perspective into Neurobiology. Dr. Peggy Mason's engagement to the course is wonderful. Entirely, this course is flawless!

By Judith M

Jan 10, 2017

good video lectures, good idea with the small quizes after every section. Peggy was fun to listen too and she got difficult things over quite clearly. Worth repeating