Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

LD

Dec 19, 2016

Dr. Peggy Mason creates a viable way to understand neurobiology. Although the material is very challenging, her teaching style keeps one focused and interested. I highly recommend this course.

AH

Dec 29, 2016

An excellent course about the brain. I'm a passionate about human behaviour and this course has added a lot to my understanding. I really liked the way professor Mason explained every topic.

276 - 299 of 299 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Cláudio A M d S

May 15, 2017

V

By GERALD G

Jun 03, 2018

Dr Mason is obviously an expert in this field and I liked her mix of personal and referential stories with the facts and the structural system diagrams. However, she often paused for long periods searching for the precise word she wanted to use and that word usually turned out to be so technical as to require further interruption to seek out its meaning. The most annoying part of the course was the overhead including cut aways in mid sentence for a quiz, descriptions of the next segment followed by music to play out then a count down pause ( I assume for video access) then music to open the next sentence with pictures of the university then a greeting before the introduction to the next segment.

By Nathalia L S d S

Feb 05, 2018

Gostei bastante do curso. Dá para perceber que Peggy Manson ama o que faz e faz da melhor maneira possível. As correlações que ele faz com o cotidiano são muito úteis e como ela trata a doença de maneira subjetiva é uma verdade e uma ação que deve perpassar a humanidade. Algumas partes são mais difíceis de entender, mas faz parte do processo. É curso longo e exige dedicação, mas, com certeza, dá um retorno muito bom.

Uma ideia legal seria se os alunos participassem das aulas atrav´s de perguntas, para, assim, promover uma melhor interação. Falo isso, pois já vi isso ocorrer no curso Vital Signs daqui do Coursera.

Obrigada Peggy Manson. Parabéns pela iniciativa!

By Arpit A

Aug 07, 2017

Really great course. Went in with little to no understanding of neuroscience. However now, I'm quite fascinated about the vast amount of interesting information regarding the Brain and the nervous system I have been able to comprehend. It has certainly made me more self aware.

The course is a bit fast paced, according to my observation and personal experience but the professor - Dr. Mason is quite good at explaining the concepts in a well conceived manner.

By Brian S Y

Aug 24, 2017

Prof. Peggy is phenomenal! I personally prefer lecturer/tutor to teach with lecture slides, but the way Prof. Peggy teach has totally blew my mind! She helped me understand so much about the basics of neurobiology in our daily lives, and her presentations are clear and easily understandable. 8/10

By Nirzari P

May 19, 2019

There are few questions whose answers contraindicates the teachings of Professor Peggy. Other than that the course is very well explained and gives the basic knowledge about Neurobiology which was exactly that I needed.

By Sreshtha M

Sep 13, 2019

This is a very exciting course and it is the best! However, some things are not explained really well but other than that it is fantastic beyond imagination!!! Excellente!

By Sandeep

Dec 21, 2019

Though it skims the surface the course was a very good introduction. The teacher explained the concepts demonstrating her expertise and communication skills.

By Elena A

Jul 26, 2017

Very interesting course. The quizzes are a little tricky. I learned many things even though I haven't study neoroscience.

By Joy S

Feb 02, 2019

This is a good and interesting review of the brain. It has an expert, engaging, likeable instructor and it goes fast.

By Xianghui ( M

Jun 24, 2019

it's intuitive and interesting by its structure and content. The professors is great.

By Gustavo N V T

Jan 05, 2019

I am learning quite a lot about the details of the neurons

By LEONARDO B C

Aug 01, 2019

Muy buen curso! Solo que la producción podría mejorar.

By Adam K

Oct 18, 2017

Great Course for people who are new to this field!

By Stuart R

Jun 14, 2019

A good course that sometimes stalled a little.

By javeria a

Jun 13, 2017

its gives us better info about our daily life

By Ana M R

Apr 26, 2017

very clear and ussefull... thanks!!

By Sandipana C

Aug 27, 2018

interesting!

By DrGangadhar C

Mar 29, 2018

goood information

By Edith S

Dec 27, 2019

I find this course extremely difficult, The teaching style seems chaotic to me and the overwhelming amount of information (all new to me) makes it hard for me to focus. I have been trying to keep up with the course and the drawings and examples she provides by taking notes, but I wish there would be more clear hand outs and that the information would be better organized. The subject matter is no doubly super interesting and it is evident to me that the instructor knows her stuff and is super excited about it, but this is not for me.

By Jonathan G

Mar 25, 2018

interesting course however, you can easily learn this in high school. It is unclear whether to have a written assignment or video bite. You cannot have both. It is simply too much work!