Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

MJ

It has been, in all, a wonderful experience taking this course, Prof Peggy is really good at what she does, wonderful content, stories, instances, and videos. Learnt a lot from this course, thank you!

VK

Jul 26, 2020

This course has been an eye-opener for me and has helped me to better understand the brain from a perspective of empathy towards those suffering from debilitating disorders, thanks to Professor Mason.

301 - 325 of 741 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Angelos A

Jul 8, 2020

Excellent course. Mason is a great and enthusiastic instructor. I would only expect a bit more anatomical information of the central and peripheral nervous system.

By Rodney L

May 16, 2019

Dr. Mason is a joy to have as an instructor. I hope for the opportunity to learn from her in the future. I look forward to following her work on LinkedIn and FB.

By Sophie K

May 19, 2017

This course was EXCELLENT!!!! I learned so much and I loved Peggy! I just wish it had gone on longer. This course was very fun and also very informative. 5 STARS!!

By Bruce M d S

Jul 4, 2019

By far one of the best experiences in online learning that i had! Professor Peggy Mason is Amazing! I recommend her book too (the one by her right in the videos).

By Pam B

Oct 15, 2017

Awesome course. Lots of concepts covered. Will probably review again in a while since I know I will learn even more if I repeat some of the more complex topics.

By Vidur S

May 30, 2017

A great course! Topics are very well explained and answer many fundamental questions about the working of our brain and about diseases and pretty much everything.

By Eric C

Mar 1, 2018

Excellent course! I'm working on machine learning using neural network, and this class provide a fascinating insight into how brain really works. Very inspiring.

By Kenneth B

Jul 31, 2020

The lessons by Prof. Peggy was very engaging and interesting. I learned a lot regarding the neurobiology of life and the brain itself. It was a good experience.

By Sabrina K

Mar 10, 2018

Great! I love the course, Prof. Mason! I really appreciate your way of explaining and visually showing everything! Great to see all written or drawn as well! :)

By João M A T

Dec 14, 2017

What can I say? I never thought I was going to learn neurobiology (or should I say neurology) in such an easy and fun manner. Congrats to Professor Peggy Mason.

By Chelsea B

Nov 15, 2020

Loved the course and learned an incredible amount about our amazing bodies. Professor Mason was a fantastic teacher and she knows so much about so many things.

By Adrien S

Jul 18, 2020

Truly a perfect learning experience to get you from little to no neurobiological knowledge to a level that prepares you for advanced understanding and studies.

By Bertran C

Nov 1, 2017

Excelente Curso de Formación. Conceptos básicos muy bien enseñados, para todos aquellos que se estén formando en neurociencias, neurología y neuropsicología.

By Duvan E P M

May 18, 2021

it's a good course, very well explained and argued, both in technical and practical information, I liked the activities and I learned a lot, fulfill my goals

By mahta m

Feb 22, 2022

this course has lead me to more learning in neurobiology.professor peggy mason has a wonderful method for teaching.everything was great I enjoyed very much.

By Missy G

Sep 7, 2021

​I really enjoyed this class. Ms. Mason was a fabulous instructor who made learning fun and presented in a way that was easy to follow. Thank you so much!

By Tithi B

Aug 20, 2020

It was a beautiful journey with Prof. Peggy Mason. She explained everything so immensely. Just a super interesting course if you can grab all the lectures!!

By Phoebe S

Aug 18, 2019

Very good course! Would recommend to anybody who is interested in the nervous system and neurobiology. It is well taught and not too demanding of your time.

By Claudia T

Jun 25, 2019

What an amazing way to explain the nervous system, its development, and functions of each of the components.

I am following in love with the subject.

Claudia

By Gabriela S

Mar 27, 2021

I loved the way professor Peggy Mason teached us. The content and material are very complete and I enjoyed A LOT the Labs videos, with real anatomy pieces!

By Elif E

Jun 12, 2019

As a molecular biologist who is interested in neurosciences, I have learnt a great deal from Prof. Mason. She really is a neuro-chauvinist (in a good way)!

By Ananda M C

Jan 25, 2021

Professor Mason was amazing! Delivering such a complex subject in such an accessible way. Her enthusiasm was contagious. I agree: "the brain is so cool!"

By Jimena J C

Apr 4, 2018

149/5000

The best for people interested in learning the basics of neurobiology, the best teacher, thank you very much for allowing me to learn with you!

By Simon F

Sep 21, 2017

Professor Mason has prepared the course in a very systematic manner and presented the subject in a way that makes it easy to understand and to follow.

By Pedro G

Jun 12, 2022

wonderful course, very explanatory with a great teacher, very well detailed each image and each explanation and easy to understand I loved this course