Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

PM

Mar 22, 2020

This course has turned out to very profitable, especially if you are not an expert in anatomical and clinical terms as is my case. In my opinion, this course is extremely interesting, congratulations.

MJ

It has been, in all, a wonderful experience taking this course, Prof Peggy is really good at what she does, wonderful content, stories, instances, and videos. Learnt a lot from this course, thank you!

326 - 350 of 744 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Simon F

Sep 21, 2017

Professor Mason has prepared the course in a very systematic manner and presented the subject in a way that makes it easy to understand and to follow.

By Pedro G

Jun 12, 2022

wonderful course, very explanatory with a great teacher, very well detailed each image and each explanation and easy to understand I loved this course

By Ana V

Dec 30, 2020

The course is really interesting and talks about a lot of tasks our nervous systems does. After the course I want to dive into neurobiology even more.

By Shreenila V

Jul 2, 2020

Simply amazing! Dr. Peggy Mason is amazing at her work and is amazing at teaching as well! I really recommend this course to those who are interested!

By Aimee W

Aug 7, 2021

I really enjoyed all of the great information in this course and how application was made to everyday life. Would definitely recommend this course!

By Donna S

Nov 22, 2016

Masterful teaching. This professor (Peggy Mason) takes complex information and lays it out in a clear, coherent and highly engaging way. Thank you!

By Yukiko M

Jul 25, 2020

This is such an incredible course to learn! Thank you so much for the professor Mason and her team to provide this great opportunity for everyone!

By Попеску Л

Sep 30, 2017

Examples on real brain and the narrative style of the professor made this course the best course I ever attended on coursera.org! Big Thank You!

By Sukanya K

Jul 24, 2020

It's been such a great experience learning from Dr. Peggy Mason. I have surely benefited a lot by choosing this course. Definitely recommended!

By Neel M L

Dec 31, 2020

This is a very informative and beautifully presented course. The instructor, Peggy Mason is superb and excellent. Her presentations are great.

By Ruslan C

Sep 25, 2020

It was an exciting journey to the world of Neurobiology! Huge thanks to Prof. P. Mason for the drive, passion, and rich content of the course.

By Dorothy H

Nov 16, 2016

Easy to understand, and a pleasure to watch and listen to. This is a fabulous course to take before taking Duke's medical neuroscience course.

By Elena P

Feb 22, 2021

It was a very interesting course in which I have learned about various abnormalities and the structure of the brain . I highly recommend it !

By Adriana B

Feb 6, 2020

Excellent job Dr. Mason! Your love and passion of neurobiology really shows in your teaching. I would highly recommend this course to anyone.

By Krista H

May 4, 2017

I really loved the content and the way it was presented. Perfect starter into this world or refresher if you are familiar with the language.

By Amit A

Jan 28, 2020

Professor Peggy Mason is a great teacher. Her passion for the subject is very evident in all her lectures. I was sad when the course ended.

By Diego

Jul 26, 2020

Este curso realmente es útil como una introducción a la neurobiología, tiene recursos muy interesantes y todas las lecturas son muy amenas

By Kate L

This course helps me to have better understanding somebody has illness and have more sympathy/ empathy for others with scientific reasons.

By Yıldız D P

The topic is interesting enough, but Ms. Peggy Mason's personality and teaching style definitely makes 10 weeks fly by. All thanks to her.

By Isabella C

Aug 3, 2020

Excellent course! I learned so much. The material was definitely hard, but Professor Mason did a fantastic job making it understandable.

By Cristina I S A

Jul 12, 2020

Excelente curso, muy completo. Logré aprender las bases de la neurobiología y aplicarla a mi día a día. Felicidades a los organizadores.

By Morgan S

I very much appreciated the amount of detail Professor Mason put into her videos. I also loved how much of her personality came through.

By Zoltan G

Dec 28, 2019

If you want to learn the most advanced technology on Earth, this course is for you. Peggy is super teacher, great fun learning from her.

By Liz

Jul 20, 2017

Excellent! Everyone should take this course. I have a greater understanding of how our brain works and why we do things the way we do!

Apr 9, 2019

beautiful and the teacher is really cool, smart and kind!! I really enjoyed learn!! Thank you!! I now I follow you in twitter! Awesome!