Back to An Introduction to Consumer Neuroscience & Neuromarketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Consumer Neuroscience & Neuromarketing by Copenhagen Business School

How do we make decisions as consumers? What do we pay attention to, and how do our initial responses predict our final choices? To what extent are these processes unconscious and cannot be reflected in overt reports? This course will provide you with an introduction to some of the most basic methods in the emerging fields of consumer neuroscience and neuromarketing. You will learn about the methods employed and what they mean. You will learn about the basic brain mechanisms in consumer choice, and how to stay updated on these topics. The course will give an overview of the current and future uses of neuroscience in business....

PL
Jun 23, 2020

This was truly a deep and research-oriented course. This helped me in getting ahead with so much knowledge and skills. Thank you, CBS for coming up with something so creative and innovative like this!

JF
Feb 28, 2021

Enjoyed the challenge [some of it ethical] and the new learning.\n\nWell devised course with interviews from the 'field' to give the real world applications.\n\nThank you for your work Thomas & CBS

601 - 625 of 640 Reviews for An Introduction to Consumer Neuroscience & Neuromarketing

By David M W

Apr 18, 2018

This course is not necessarily very actionable— while it's an incredible insight into how and why our brains learn and process brand/marketing information, it's difficult to have an idea of how to apply this to real world work. As someone who works in marketing, I wished there would have been more instrumental ways to apply principles or practices into even the most basic of accomplishments. I would NOT recommend this course if you simply trying to become more skilled in areas of marketing— it's more study-oriented than skill.

By Haroon

Jun 7, 2021

T​he authour does a grat job in presenting the content, which is a bit heavily depended on concepts from research papers. Once you get the basic idea right then everything will seem straight forward. This course should ideally be developed with more focus on neuro science rather than marketing. Also, the quality of interview videos were subpar and would have been better if edited properly.

By Jessica T

Oct 29, 2020

I was expecting to find readily applicable method of marketing, though they did give away some important concepts and tools, but mostly very centralized on knowledge of the biology of brains and how it works. I didn't learn as much on how I can apply it in real life without science equipment involved to help.

By Yennelly B

May 21, 2017

It has very usefull information but also has other info regarding the brain that is to scientific... Should ease it up a bit. For someone with a business or marketing background, it would be very easy to zone out, like I did whenever you touch the brain parts in too deep.

By Fiona F

Aug 20, 2021

I quitted after Week 1. Content is way too techy for people without psychology knowledge. When I picked it, I thought it would be a lot more approach as it was developed by a business school. Materials could use much better design and presentation as well.

By Mann S

Aug 9, 2020

It is truly a gem of a course. Thomas Ramsay takes a beautiful approach in teaching the basics of neuromarketing and consumer neuroscience. The interview lectures were especially informative. And needless to say, the readings are truly mind-boggling.

By Gargi S

Dec 5, 2018

The interviews need to be broken down into more consumable, useful pieces of information. There is a lot of repetition or information specific to the person being interviewed etc.

By Ani S

Aug 16, 2021

I feel like the book that was uploaded was more valuable than the video course itself, would love to have more information discussed by examples...

By Cem P

Dec 1, 2020

Neuroscience side of the course overweighs the neuromarketing neuromarketing side but still forms a mindset and generates a general understanding.

By Chatchai C

Mar 13, 2018

I think it needs some fundamental background knowledge on neuroscience as this course focuses a lot on that not on the marketing psychology.

By Bruna M

May 5, 2020

The course content is very good, but the interviews are massive and the approach could be a little less complex and more dynamic.

By Basil S

Oct 30, 2020

The instructor and reading was great. I felt the information was dated compared to todays standards. Overall I'm satisfied.

By EK

Jun 18, 2020

Long on science, short on practical applications. Didn't find it too useful.

By Karina M L

Jun 5, 2017

Pudiese ser más interactivo. Si trae ejemplos y muchas lecturas

By Md S H

Jun 17, 2020

Good course who wants to learn marketting for business.

By Kristine C

Jul 12, 2021

​I wish the quality of material would be better :(

By Rhea A R

Sep 13, 2020

find it too basic, even for an introductory course

By Andreas B

Nov 7, 2016

It's a very nice course but it is very small.

By Andrea

Mar 31, 2020

I like it, but it´s a little bit boring

By Vinayak M

Dec 18, 2016

A little heavy on the biology side

By Mert Ş

Jan 11, 2018

I cannot find my certificate?

By George M

Jan 23, 2017

Not particularly engaging. Some significant overlaps in content on the videos. Some rambling videos that could really do with editing. I liked that the content within the main lecture was concise - it really needed to be because the lecturer has very little variety to his tone of speech - listening requires "high cognitive load". Don't want to be too down on it because I really appreciate the free content and the subject material is very interesting, but it could do with a bit more love and the practical application of the marketing concepts described in the course. Maybe start with some eye-tracking on someone completing the course?!

By Bo K P

Sep 14, 2020

It was generally a little too easy for me, but I guess that's my problem for not choosing the right level. What I expected was more of 'why' and 'how' on a certain result, so that I can expand upon my current knowledge on neuroscience, drawing connection between neuroscience and business (marketing). Rather, most of the lessons were more like "they did this and found that", without much fundamental explanation. Nevertheless, I believe the lessons will be very informative and useful for most people who do not have much basis on neuroscience.

By KYOKO K

Aug 30, 2020

Many lectures were very repetitive. I don't know how many times the Pepsi-Cola challenge was mentioned during the first few weeks of the course. The interviews could have been edited better to include to only include the key messages. Week 1 to 5 were not really for neuroscientists for sure. They are too basic. I can see if you have no background in brain biology, this could be a reasonable good intro to decision making in neuroscience. Week 6 was interesting from ethical and legal point of view.

By Teresa M A

Aug 24, 2021

A​ lot could be improved, the video quality was bad, meaning the slides were almost impossible to read, and for one of the review questions there was no correct answer, all of them came up as false. Many people seem to have pointed it out in the forum for months, but nothing has been done about it