Back to Academic Listening and Note-Taking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Academic Listening and Note-Taking by University of California, Irvine

This course will help non-native English speakers improve their listening and note-taking skills for the purpose of listening to academic lectures. You will learn techniques for improving your understanding and skills for taking more effective notes, and you will get lots of practice in using these. If you're planning to attend college classes in English, then this class is for you. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Understand and follow a lecture 2. Take better lecture notes 3. Discuss courses with classmates and professors 4. Give an effective academic presentation Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

TA
Dec 10, 2018

It is very useful and very interesting course i learned a lot of skills from this course and these skills which i learned from this course will help me in my whole life regarding my studies

AR
May 16, 2020

I think this is very helpful for someone not used to learning in English. The content was very articulate and talks about note-taking methods along with assignments that help practice it.

26 - 50 of 158 Reviews for Academic Listening and Note-Taking

By syeda Z e h n

Oct 1, 2020

This course helps me a lot to improve my listening habit and note taking practice during academic lecture its just work like a miracle to improve my grades .

By Sylvia S

Jun 26, 2018

I like this course, and I think it helped me a lot. I have learned efficient ways to do academic listening and note-taking. Thanks a lot.

By María A A G

Jul 17, 2020

Very useful course! It gives you lots of strategies to study and lectures on differentes areas. It is not not just for learning english.

By Yin M A

Jul 26, 2020

It's very fun to learn and so effective.By taking this course,I make my good use of time.I'll join other courses and keep learning.

By Mariela P

Nov 25, 2020

It's a great course. I learned to take effective notes and understand how do it better. The course is clearly and productive!

By Bilcag A

Jun 21, 2020

A highly effective course for non-native English speakers. You can improve both your English and academic note-taking skills.

By Amanda C F L

This course helped me to increase my english, soon I'll make another one. Thanks, Coursera and University of California!

By Mohamed B S

Mar 28, 2020

thanks my lectures and coursera team it really help me to minute and note taking

one more thanks you very much

By Kryss F

Sep 15, 2020

Excellent course, the Cornel method is a very efficient tool to take notes in a lecture in another language.

By OviNiter

Thank you UCI University for give me such opportunity to join this course. And also thank you coursara.

By Soryan N s

Oct 16, 2020

It's so useful course , I learned a lot from it and I enjoyed . thank you all teachers for your time

By Jhersson M M A

Aug 2, 2020

This course has been a great educational experience, now I know how to take better notes in lecture.

By Aiman A

Nov 13, 2018

I'm very happy because I have completed my course successfully. I've learned a lot from this course.

By Iryna K

Apr 27, 2020

I improve my skills not only for academic listening,but for listening in complete

Thanks so much)

By Osvaldo E P

Aug 2, 2018

This course is excellent. It´s going to help me a lot. All the hints and clues are very useful.

By NEHA R B 1

Sep 7, 2017

thank you for providing such wonderful course and great service. looking forward to get e

By Daniel P L

Jun 3, 2020

I loved the course. I feel fully prepared to keep my studies. This course is wonderful!

By Nikulina S

Feb 25, 2019

It was my first course here and i'm sure it is one of the best! I strongly recommend!!!

By open y e

Nov 23, 2018

I'M VERY HAPPY BECOAISE I GET THIS COUSE , THINK YOU COURSERA , AND THINK YOU TEACHER .

By Gaayathriashhok B

Jul 29, 2020

I loved it! It was really helpful and I will use these tips and techniques.

Thank You!

By hinako k

It was an informative course with lots of opportunities of real practice to take notes

By Tetiana S

Apr 1, 2018

This course is interesting and warth taking. A lot of videos and useful information!

By Ujala A

Aug 17, 2020

This course is just amazing . All the teachers are very hard working and dedicated.

By Chaw W H

Jun 13, 2020

Learnt many things from this course related to Listening and note taking practice

By Jonathan R H L

Oct 12, 2020

Great course. Especially for those that are going to enter a University.