Back to Academic Listening and Note-Taking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Academic Listening and Note-Taking by University of California, Irvine

This course will help non-native English speakers improve their listening and note-taking skills for the purpose of listening to academic lectures. You will learn techniques for improving your understanding and skills for taking more effective notes, and you will get lots of practice in using these. If you're planning to attend college classes in English, then this class is for you. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Understand and follow a lecture 2. Take better lecture notes 3. Discuss courses with classmates and professors 4. Give an effective academic presentation Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

TA
Dec 10, 2018

It is very useful and very interesting course i learned a lot of skills from this course and these skills which i learned from this course will help me in my whole life regarding my studies

AR
May 16, 2020

I think this is very helpful for someone not used to learning in English. The content was very articulate and talks about note-taking methods along with assignments that help practice it.

151 - 158 of 158 Reviews for Academic Listening and Note-Taking

n

y

By Károly N

Aug 28, 2020

The worst course I took on Coursera. 90% of this content is a waste of time. These concepts could be easily explained in 20 minutes. The lectures are artificially bloated, the assignments are redundant and boring (watch videos, take notes, rinse, and repeat).

By Ricardo S D D

Apr 23, 2018

This course features amateur videos, often hard to hear. There is no one to give information and there are never any teachers available. If you ask a question, no one answers.

Completely disappointed in the course.

I do not recommend it.

By Emad G

Aug 5, 2018

I did not like the idea to get my grades by other students. I got disappointed and depressed by the way they did the evaluation (Assignments).

By Nada

Aug 15, 2017

lot of time wasted trying to load the course. my internet connection is fine - often causing 404.

By Claudia L S B

Aug 20, 2019

ME COBRARON POR TERCERA VEZ CURSOS Q NO PUDE TOMAR ME SIENTO ESTAFADA

By Okelola F D

Jun 15, 2020

I want to unroll from course but I can't

Apr 17, 2020

my assignment did not review on time.