Back to Principles of Photo Composition and Digital Image Post-Production

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Principles of Photo Composition and Digital Image Post-Production by Michigan State University

Welcome to Course THREE! In the first two Modules you will gain a more professional-level understanding of the Design Elements that artists have used throughout history to create successful compositions. Arranging the Elements in ways that lead viewers through their compositions is an essential craft for photographers no matter whether their subject matter is pure documentary or vividly exotic personal expression. In Modules 3 & 4 we survey the essential elements of post-photography image management, using Adobe(tm) LIGHTROOM(tm). Image adjustment software designed for Smartphone photographers rounds out the Course. Since even photographers whose mainstay is a high-end DSLR also must admit to Smartphone use occasionally, and photographers who only use a Smartphone will usually admit that they want to step over to a "regular" camera at some point, there is something for everyone here! Let's get started with Module One!...

AT

Dec 02, 2017

Great course structure. Great Professors and Mentors. This course has really help me grow a lot as a photographer. I'm so thankful to Coursera & MSU for putting such a great course for learners.

CL

Jul 25, 2016

This was a very interesting and eye opening course for me. So many great techniques I found of such value. Peter & Mark left me with a great feeling of confidence after taken this course

101 - 125 of 125 Reviews for Principles of Photo Composition and Digital Image Post-Production

By adrianne

Jun 03, 2016

Excellent as per usual. Was just hoping for a little bit more detail on lightroom post-processing

By Ruth R

Jan 31, 2017

I would have liked more guidance on the actual use of Lightroom for enhancing pictures.. all the slide controls on the right were covered much too fast for me!

By Erich-Dieter G

Sep 07, 2017

I found the course to be informative I will probably never put much if not most of the information to use. I have just barely been dragged into the world of digital photography. Use of photo editing software is something I don't want to use...yet anyway.

By Debora B

Jul 25, 2017

It is a great course, like the other 2 before. I just wish it used as reference an editing program like Gimp, free and light. I had problems using Lightroom trial, it was too heavy for my old PC, so I had to do the activities in other programs. Other than that, I love this specialization and I have been seeing a LOT of progress in my ability to take photos and specially my "eye"for photography changed completely.

By Qamar A A

May 07, 2018

very usefull

By giorgos p

Mar 26, 2017

useful and creative work

By Rui W

Aug 03, 2016

It's fine to charge for certificate, but submit the quiz is also locked if u try to learn for free, i do think that is a violation to the learning process.

By Sanjeev K G

Nov 21, 2016

This course helped me understand the post-production software Adobe Lightroom and various apps to be used on mobile. I got good understanding of what all can be done in post-production. In this expertise will come by experience. The week 3 was devoted mostly to understanding of post-production and took lot of time in going through. There was some mismatch between subtitles and audio in 1-2 presentations.

By JackieIris

Feb 05, 2018

The subtitle is not synchronous . And No active discussion .

By Erkki A P

Apr 16, 2017

A reasonable walkthrough of typical tools for photo editing. Only thing I'd like to add is a walkthrough of a simple typical photo editing workflow (like cropping, WB, coarse tone adjustment, tone curve, sharpening & consumption format rendering).

By Jonathan G

May 03, 2016

informative. Yet it was tedious and repetitive I already learned this stuff in college.

By Olga G

May 22, 2016

Quizes are getting better with every course. Lectures are good. I like the idea of assignments - to show your work and to see works of others. Only one thing: I'd like to get review not only from other students, buy from at least one professional. It's nice to get opinion from "masses", but I'd like to know professional opinion and directions where I could move to be better photographer.

By Delcides A M

Jun 21, 2016

There were some troubles with the subtitles in the course. :(

By Loretta W

Oct 30, 2018

great teachers!!

By Abdallah M A

Oct 30, 2018

Good course

By Iryna G

Aug 05, 2018

Very good course, full of useful practical advice, but some info needs updating, as much newer versions of software presented are available.

By Melinda J S

May 06, 2018

I didn't particularly learn anything useful. I thought it was quite a waste of time. However, gives a bit of insight.

By paula c

Jun 12, 2017

I would like more challenges in this course, more instructions and examples about lightroom

By Enrique A

Jun 20, 2016

The composition and visual elements part of the course was incredible but the Lightroom part could be improved. Going through every feature in Lightroom is not helpful. It's better to focus on teaching key useful techniques to achieve desired effects

By Christopher M

Jun 02, 2016

This course seemed a bit spread too thin. Not much real coverage on post-production; mostly just an intro and that was at the expense of more learning on composition.

By Frederic B

Jun 01, 2017

First part on composition is great. Second part on post-production is quiet bad : it's just a feature list of each tool and lack what I was looking for, a set of good and bad workflows for post processing.

Everyone can read some software documentation (which is more or less what the second part was), but it's more difficult to get how to work correctly with each tool, to get some good practices and how to be efficient on softwares.

By Ritwik B

Sep 01, 2016

Informative

By Tracy K

Oct 28, 2016

Hard getting through this course. It is probably because I don't have Adobe Lightroom software. Perhaps if I eventually get it, I will re-visit this course as the tutorials are thorough. I scored it as I did because I think the course title should have Lightroom & Pixlr in there since weeks 3 & 4 dominate those two.

By Oksana D

Mar 23, 2018

Dissapointed. The course is full of unneeded information. Instead of teaching, videos are full of references and memories and talks about where the example photos were taken. 15 minutes video will be at least 10 minutes of chatting - that was taken in Athens, Greece, this was taken in Paris, France and so on and on and on. And then maybe 5 minutes somewhere in between of those there will be tips how to make photos. The talks most of the time put me to sleep or I have to follow the printed version and skip all of the chats. If a person is taking an online course, that's probably because there is no time for nonsense. What am I paying for? Totally lost any motivation for the course.

By J K

May 16, 2019

Great lectures. Great assignments. But the instructors and mods are long gone - last input from instructions or mods was in 2017.

There aren't enough students for the required peer review. This means your mental energy will not to toward making great pictures. Rather, it will go toward wondering when and if your photos will be reviewed. It's a bummer, because the course could be excellent.