Back to Principles of Photo Composition and Digital Image Post-Production

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Principles of Photo Composition and Digital Image Post-Production by Michigan State University

Welcome to Course THREE! In the first two Modules you will gain a more professional-level understanding of the Design Elements that artists have used throughout history to create successful compositions. Arranging the Elements in ways that lead viewers through their compositions is an essential craft for photographers no matter whether their subject matter is pure documentary or vividly exotic personal expression. In Modules 3 & 4 we survey the essential elements of post-photography image management, using Adobe(tm) LIGHTROOM(tm). Image adjustment software designed for Smartphone photographers rounds out the Course. Since even photographers whose mainstay is a high-end DSLR also must admit to Smartphone use occasionally, and photographers who only use a Smartphone will usually admit that they want to step over to a "regular" camera at some point, there is something for everyone here! Let's get started with Module One!...

DW

Mar 09, 2020

Post production was something i wanted to get into, but haven't. This course allow me to explore with guidence.I love the challenges of the projects and the peer review to see what others imagine.

AT

Dec 02, 2017

Great course structure. Great Professors and Mentors. This course has really help me grow a lot as a photographer. I'm so thankful to Coursera & MSU for putting such a great course for learners.

126 - 150 of 189 Reviews for Principles of Photo Composition and Digital Image Post-Production

By Tarunashri

Jan 16, 2020

superb

By N. V

Aug 23, 2020

GOOD

By HARSHRAJ

good

By Abdurrahman S

Jan 25, 2019

good

By bruno t

Oct 16, 2019

l

By Debora B

Jul 25, 2017

It is a great course, like the other 2 before. I just wish it used as reference an editing program like Gimp, free and light. I had problems using Lightroom trial, it was too heavy for my old PC, so I had to do the activities in other programs. Other than that, I love this specialization and I have been seeing a LOT of progress in my ability to take photos and specially my "eye"for photography changed completely.

By Cristopher T

Dec 03, 2019

The course was very interesting I learnt a lot of new things but I have to point out several important problems. Some videos have very low audio so it's imposible to understand them without using an speaker or headphones. Also Prof. Glendinning was awesome very motivating, creative and passionating but Prof. Valentine voice was so monotonous and depresing that I really wanted to quit this course many times.

By Sanjeev K G

Nov 21, 2016

This course helped me understand the post-production software Adobe Lightroom and various apps to be used on mobile. I got good understanding of what all can be done in post-production. In this expertise will come by experience. The week 3 was devoted mostly to understanding of post-production and took lot of time in going through. There was some mismatch between subtitles and audio in 1-2 presentations.

By Olga G

May 22, 2016

Quizes are getting better with every course. Lectures are good. I like the idea of assignments - to show your work and to see works of others. Only one thing: I'd like to get review not only from other students, buy from at least one professional. It's nice to get opinion from "masses", but I'd like to know professional opinion and directions where I could move to be better photographer.

By Erich-Dieter G

Sep 07, 2017

I found the course to be informative I will probably never put much if not most of the information to use. I have just barely been dragged into the world of digital photography. Use of photo editing software is something I don't want to use...yet anyway.

By Larry B

Feb 13, 2020

Been using an IPhone for many many year and always wondered how some of the posting on social media sites were changed to create collages and differing effects. With this course and using APPs, I've now learned and enjoy my phone camera even more.