Back to Seeing Through Photographs

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Seeing Through Photographs by The Museum of Modern Art

Although taking, sharing, and viewing photographs has become second nature for many of us, our regular engagement with images does not necessarily make us visually literate. This course aims to address the gap between seeing and truly understanding photographs by introducing a diversity of ideas, approaches, and technologies that inform their making. In this course you will look closely at photographs from the collection of The Museum of Modern Art and hear a variety of perspectives on what a photograph is and the ways that photography has been used throughout its nearly 180 year history: as a means of artistic expression, as a tool for science and exploration; as an instrument of documentation; to tell stories and record histories; and as a mode of communication and critique in our ever increasingly visual culture. Learning Objectives • Develop skills to better examine and understand the differences between photographs and photographic images. • Discover how context influences the production, circulation, and reception of photographic images. • Learn about different modes of artistic and technological experimentation and innovation in photography. • Investigate photography’s role in our increasingly visual culture....

AQ

Mar 09, 2016

Seeing Through Photographs has given me a whole new way of looking at my own and other peoples' work. So many aspects, details and points of view, the world of photography now seems even more amazing.

EE

Jun 03, 2019

It was very insightful, and a good thing is they offered quizzes and other full content, which some other free courses do not, which really helps learning. Hope to go for other courses under them. :)

226 - 250 of 581 Reviews for Seeing Through Photographs

By Juan M D L H

Jun 12, 2017

Muy completo y didáctico, te enseña a ver el mundo y sobre todo la fotografía de manera distinta.

By Ana Z

Apr 04, 2016

Pese a las complicaciones idiomáticas. Todo fue muy bueno, valió la pena el esfuerzo. ¡Gracias!

By Natali H P

Feb 29, 2016

Una excelente manera de iniciarse en la historia de la fotografía y en el lenguaje fotográfico.

By Cristina M C

Feb 08, 2020

Buen curso, para los apasionados de la fotografía. Aprendes mucho de historia de la fotografía

By Richard D

Nov 25, 2016

Congratulations to Sarah and the MoMA team on a stimulating Seeing Through Photographs course.

By Vianny R

Aug 17, 2018

me encanto el curso, te permite ser capaz de ver diferentes tipos de imágenes, muy motivador.

By Amy

Nov 17, 2019

It's valuable, theoretical and practical. Thanks so much in developing the wonderful course!

By Miguel E

Nov 19, 2017

This is a great photography course, very useful, ineteresting and complete, I recommend this

By Elena

Sep 20, 2017

This course is extraordinary! I feel that I've found what I've been looking for a long time.

By Tania R

Mar 09, 2017

Great course! I enjoyed diving into photography with such an important institution as MOMA.

By Andrew R

May 18, 2016

Enjoyed the information, it was a nice refresher on some history and genres of photography.

By Rafael M R

Mar 21, 2016

Una opción excelente para todo aquel que quiere iniciarse en la maravilla de la fotografía!

By camilla m

May 22, 2016

excelente material de áudio e escrito!!! Parabéns!!! Estou adorando a riqueza do material!

By Aman A

Apr 12, 2016

a great unique course with exclusive interviews and presenting fantastic artists and works

By Christian G A B

Oct 04, 2019

I love the experience! I have learnt a lot and apply these to my modern photography life!

By joe n p m

Jun 29, 2017

Great course. You will learn lots of things from the very first day. So happy I took it!

By Stefania A

Apr 06, 2017

An interesting experience, stimulating and unmissable. I recommend everyone this course.

By Pedro D A L

Mar 06, 2017

Excellent approach to analytical Photography observation. This Course is a pice of Art.

By sara

Oct 13, 2017

excellent introduction to a critical view on images wit many good examples and artists

By Manuel E

Aug 01, 2016

Excelente. La manera en la que se aprende me gusta mucho, ya que nos hace reflexionar.

By Purnendu

Mar 08, 2016

Amazing so far ! Went ahead and bought a thick book to study more about the subject :)

By Massimo L

Mar 09, 2016

very interesting!!!

I'm surprised, it's my first course in Coursera and It's very good

By Daniel L

Jun 27, 2017

Excellent and hardcore course. Train me using new way to see through photograph. Thx

By Alaa z a e f A z

Jun 18, 2016

The effect of this course on Me is amazing , worth going for interesting and great !

By Erwin S

Nov 28, 2017

Very interesting and delivering new views also on familiar images and photographers