Back to Psychology of Popularity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Psychology of Popularity by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

The level of popularity you experienced in childhood and adolescence is still affecting you today in ways that you may not even realize. Learn about how psychologists study popularity and how these same concepts can be used in adulthood to be more successful at work, become better parents, and have a happier life....

JD
Feb 20, 2016

This course has been absolutely terrific! The knowledge and insight this has briefed me with has been very useful, and makes more than a lot of sense. Thank You Mr. Prinstein, and Thank You Coursera!

HC
May 10, 2018

This was amazing, really interesting, well presented. A good insight into how our friendships while of school age can impact on our adulthood and how this is so often repeated down the generations.

51 - 75 of 222 Reviews for Psychology of Popularity

By Sara G

Jun 16, 2019

This is a great course. I have learned a lot of valuable information about how the American Society works.

The instructor is very engaging and knowledgeableabout the subject.

By Jaison C

Apr 20, 2019

This was an interesting exploration, Dr. Mitch Prinstein is really interested in the subject, too, it shows and drew me into the topics. Great time, good information.

By Meenakshi V

Jun 19, 2020

The class was really good and informative. This was a new dimension to look at kids and adults if they have deviant behaviours or are rejected. Thank you very much

By Maria R V H

Nov 5, 2018

I'm from Perú and I found it really interesting. All the lectures are very clear. I can relate what I learned here with the social interaction I see at work.

By Elena V

Dec 14, 2017

The course is well structured, videos are brief and Dr. Prinstein dialectic makes the topic very approchable, clear and interesting. I've really enjoyed it!

By Thanit V

Nov 21, 2015

This course is great. It provides us with the useful information not only for improving our knowledge, but also for applying it to improve our life.

By Xiaoding X

Jul 16, 2020

The professor is so cute! The content are so knowledgeable with many scientific information, it helps with my psychology study, worth to learn it!

By Scott W

Jun 1, 2018

The things I took away from this course is as fascinating as they are practical in applying to everyday life. This is everyone a course should be.

By Anna

Jan 21, 2016

Great course, beyond all expectations! Gives very structured info on social behavior patterns and outcomes from that behavior. Highly recommended.

By Sofia S

Dec 12, 2015

I love this course, I am new to coursera and have a passion for psychology and have gained lots of useful knowledge from this. 10/10 i recommend.

By TOMAS R C

Nov 17, 2020

Excellent. The test were a little hard compared to other courses, specially if you are not english native speaker as I am. Thank you very much.

By Nofar W

A fascinating course! Dr. Mitch Prinstein teaches with a lot of passion and knowledge, making this course one of the best I have ever learned.

By Kat B

May 12, 2017

I loved this course. It was very addicting and educational. I strongly recommend this course, especially, to the parents with young children.

By João P d S P

Aug 28, 2020

Curso muito bom! Completo e de linguagem simples sobre o tema, amei, muito bom para iniciantes sem experiência alguma na área da psicologia.

By Tuana C

Jul 30, 2020

I am really glad to be here... That was awesome!!! I learn a lot, I will use and develop my information at my future career :) THANK YOU !!

By Ahmad I A A I

Oct 6, 2020

I like how it is not too complex as it is really for beginners to learn! Good job for keeping the content succinct and easy to comprehend.

By Rexavia E S

Feb 6, 2016

This course is extremely in-depth and thorough, and provides much insight into the world of what makes us want to be "part of the crowd."

By SRI R K A

Jul 31, 2020

It was a very interesting course and the way everything was explained was awesome! The teaching made it easy to understand the concept.

By Robert G S P

Apr 27, 2020

Nice academic overview with quizzes on the topic of popularity. It would be helpful to have slide deck available for future reference.

By Sarah T

Dec 14, 2015

I like the prof. He's funny. Lectures are easy to understand. Everything is really well explained and the visuals are quite helpful.

By Shanise G V

Aug 7, 2020

This course is the best course I have taken so far! Very engaging, and the instructor explains studies and information really well!

By Thamires C V D

Aug 6, 2020

It is the most interesting course I have ever taken on the platform, it clarifies many things that we ended up not understanding.

By Millern J

Jan 9, 2018

The course content is fascinating! Mitch does an exceptional job detailing concepts and breaking them down into simpler language

By Amina S

Sep 1, 2019

The course was very good. It was very detailed and the explanation was very good. The professor explained everything so well.

By George M

Jul 16, 2017

A little bit american-centric, sometimes a bit difficult to follow however a course on popularity is something worth taking.