Back to Practical Introduction to the Command Line

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Practical Introduction to the Command Line by Coursera Project Network

In this project, you will use the UNIX command line to create photo albums that organize photos into directories by date. You'll learn what's the difference between a terminal, bash, command-line, and prompt. With lots of hands-on exercises, you'll master the most fundamental Unix commands for navigating, manipulating and inspecting files. Interacting with a computer through a command-line interface (CLI) is a powerful technique. In such an interface, you type commands telling the computer to perform desired tasks. Mastering the command line can greatly improve your productivity during development....

IM
Jul 12, 2020

I totally recommend this Guided Project for those who know nothing about bash but also to those who want to review the basics. There's no scripting here, just commands one after another, pretty fun!

UU
Jun 3, 2020

I always afraid of terminal after taking this course i am very comfortable ,instructor is very good explainer and guided the whole project in very practical manner.

51 - 75 of 84 Reviews for Practical Introduction to the Command Line

By tale p

Jun 24, 2020

good

By Saurabh A

good

By Smail L

Jun 10, 2020

nice

Jun 9, 2020

n

By SRIDEVI B

By Troy H

Sep 10, 2020

The only thing I would change is there was a clock running on how long I could use the simulator to practice writing commands and watching the video at the same time. Once the clock run out, I could no longer type in commands as I was watching the video. I feel if I paid for the course I should be able to practice as much as I need to until I complete the course.

By Phong P T

Jun 13, 2020

The course provides basic introduction to command line as expected. However I faced some difficulties following the instructor English accent. She teaches well though.

By Rishabh K S

I wish it would have been more detailed and informative for deep usage of terminal.

But anyways, it was nice to have this course. :)

By Kavya S S

Could have taught more commands and a little more comprehensive on pipes topic but it's still a nice start!

By Prakhar P

It was a good course for me as i am a beginner, lot to learn so just keep your notebook with you.

By Md. A K

May 15, 2020

It is a good cource for beginners but it should have shown more commands or more details

By darwin j m

Jul 6, 2020

my marking in the quiz was corrected wrong

the answer was right

but evaluated wrong

By Prajakta S

Sep 29, 2020

Overall a really good project which explains the basic commands of the terminal!

By darwinjr a

Oct 28, 2020

Nice course for learning the basic linux terminal commands

By Mohamed A K

Sep 12, 2020

It was a good course for the very beginners in Lunix

By Brennan

Jun 6, 2020

Good introduction to the basics of Command Line

By GUDDU K P

Jun 9, 2020

Best guided online project

By Ashish p b

Jul 15, 2020

It was a good experience

By A U

By AVIRAT G

nice.

By Vicente E M

Nov 18, 2020

good

By Joy K

Jul 4, 2020