Back to Practical Time Series Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Practical Time Series Analysis by The State University of New York

Welcome to Practical Time Series Analysis! Many of us are "accidental" data analysts. We trained in the sciences, business, or engineering and then found ourselves confronted with data for which we have no formal analytic training. This course is designed for people with some technical competencies who would like more than a "cookbook" approach, but who still need to concentrate on the routine sorts of presentation and analysis that deepen the understanding of our professional topics. In practical Time Series Analysis we look at data sets that represent sequential information, such as stock prices, annual rainfall, sunspot activity, the price of agricultural products, and more. We look at several mathematical models that might be used to describe the processes which generate these types of data. We also look at graphical representations that provide insights into our data. Finally, we also learn how to make forecasts that say intelligent things about what we might expect in the future. Please take a few minutes to explore the course site. You will find video lectures with supporting written materials as well as quizzes to help emphasize important points. The language for the course is R, a free implementation of the S language. It is a professional environment and fairly easy to learn. You can discuss material from the course with your fellow learners. Please take a moment to introduce yourself! Time Series Analysis can take effort to learn- we have tried to present those ideas that are "mission critical" in a way where you understand enough of the math to fell satisfied while also being immediately productive. We hope you enjoy the class!...

JM
Mar 20, 2019

This was a very good and detailed course. I liked this course for two reasons mainly:\n\nIt started from the basics of timeseries analysis, covering theory and secondly it took me gradually to r.

RT
Jul 16, 2020

Easily one of the best time-series courses online. Although it says "practical", there is plenty of good theory to back up the practice and at the same time not overwhelming or distracting.

101 - 125 of 326 Reviews for Practical Time Series Analysis

By Aikaterini L

Mar 26, 2019

Very helpful practical easy exercises to get to know better the Time series and their analysis. I totally recommend it.

By Bohdan D

Jul 9, 2018

Probably the best introduction to time series analysis I've ever seen. The information is relatively easy to comprehend

By Ojithma G

Dec 28, 2019

This course covered what i intended to learn, quizes were based on what we had covered so far, which is really good .

By SWAPNIL G

Oct 13, 2018

It was a very helpful course. It covers the basics of time series, AR, MA processes are covered with extreme passion.

By Philippe

Jul 16, 2018

A very comprehensive course that covers both the mathematical proofs and statistics and applying it together on data.

By GURUPRASATH S

Nov 16, 2018

Excellent course. Well Structured with sufficient lectures, practical examples and quizzes. Strongly recommended.

By MewoSY

Apr 9, 2020

Very clear and succinct illustration about intuition of the concepts, theory development, and good examples

By Edgar V

The topics are very well explained and complemented with real-life examples. I really enjoyed the course!

By Yamini R

Jul 22, 2020

I enjoyed the course. it could be more helpful you have a little knowledge about time series beforehand.

By Christopher R R

Jun 20, 2018

This is an excellent course that discusses the theory in a clear can concise way. I highly recommend it.

By Arnab M

Jun 30, 2020

Great Course!. Good level of Mathematics is kinda prerequisite for this course. Definitely worth a try!

By Soroush M

Apr 21, 2020

Very good introduction to time series. It gives a big picture to time series with practical examples.

By Superfishie

Apr 18, 2020

Very Nice course! I really learned a lot about time series, hopefully I could apply it into my work!

By Chinmay J D

Jan 5, 2019

Excellent coursework !! Very less amount of theory is required and hence a very useful for beginners.

By Juan C A

May 16, 2020

Curso muy interesante: Me ha ayudado a entender muchos de los conceptos que buscaba. Muchas gracias!

By Pau R E

Aug 20, 2018

Nnice and smooth introduction to time Series that gives you a good basis to understand this topic.

By Juan R

Oct 23, 2020

Simple practical approach, this topic was always a bit weird but this introduction is very useful

By Andreas Z

Jan 25, 2020

This is the course for everyone who always wanted to know what all this ARIMA stuff is all about.

By Rajkumar R

Jun 29, 2020

It was a very good course. I learnt lot of things. Programming and concepts are nicely explained

By Roshan K

Oct 15, 2020

It was a great course. I wish it would cover more material, especially about spectral analysis.

By Andreas G

Apr 1, 2018

Very nicely organized course, the lecturers achieved a good balane between theory and practice.

By Mark H

Nov 5, 2020

Good course. Nice mix of theory and practise. Looking forward to using some of the techniques.

By Suvarna R

Oct 8, 2020

Excellent course. Course content is good. I utilized it in my Postgraduate lectures.

Suvarna

By Gilad G

Mar 26, 2020

Great course! It gives a broad idea of how to deal with time series and some basic tools

By Umang G

May 2, 2019

Learning a lot about basics of time series forecasting models like SARIMA, thanks a lot.