Back to Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graphic Design by University of Colorado Boulder

Welcome to Graphic Design, the second course in the Effective Communications Specialization. Over 70 different companies have provided this specialization to their employees as a resource for internal professional development. Why? Because employers know that effective visual communication is the key to attracting an audience, building a relationship, and closing the sale. This practical course gives you the tools to create professional looking Powerpoints, reports, resumes, and presentations.. Using a set of best practices refined through years of experience, you’ll: • make your work look fresh and inspired. • apply simple design “tricks” to begin any project with confidence and professionalism. • receive and respond to criticism and revise your project from good to great. "This course is fantastic. It teaches a great amount of starter graphic design information but it is broken down into easily understood videos and quizzes. The quality was top notch and the interaction was as good as you would get in a brick and mortar school. I did not feel like I was missing anything by taking it online." - a recent Graphic Design student All of the course assignments can be completed with basic presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Apple Keynote. You’ll also have opportunities to explore and apply more sophisticated tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign....

RC
May 13, 2020

I think that the discussions would be more useful if students had detailed instructions on how to create the images in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint and then take a screenshot to make a jpeg image.

DC
Apr 10, 2020

I loved it its not on photoshop or any application but on the practicality on how to use everything is any design related work or medium\n\ngot to learn on maybe new minute things I used to ignore

151 - 175 of 606 Reviews for Graphic Design

By Nadine N C M

Oct 15, 2020

It's excelent, you can learn the basis of Graphic Design. I recommend this course and the entire specialization the most ♥️

By Jasin A A E

Sep 1, 2020

Highly recommended this course , l was learn lot of things though this course, thank u so much teachers and coursera team.

By Cynthia D

Jul 26, 2020

Really love how the instructors explain the materials so it is easy to understand and how they make me want to design more.

By PRANAV K

Apr 3, 2020

Thank u so much for clearing my basics and helping me to implement it my work to make it look amazing.and better than ever.

By Mushtakhusen S M

Jul 13, 2017

It was very useful and informative course. I found it very unique. I really enjoyed doing this course. Thank you very much.

By Muhammad M

Mar 22, 2021

This is a beautiful course. Be the end of the course you would definitely get confidence with the basics of graphic desgn.

By MEGHA P

May 9, 2020

learning this course was so amazing..during the course i improved the creativity .design skills ...and do's and dont's ...

By Dario S

Jan 27, 2019

great videos, great knowledge. It helped me so much of understanding design better and also helped my creative side a lot.

By Franchesca J

Jan 19, 2021

This course contains very useful information which can especially be valuable to teachers designing their own materials.

By Elena N A

Oct 13, 2020

I like the way of teaching , clearly with pratic examlpes. Showing tips and the most important points of graphic design.

By Juhi M

Oct 24, 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed taking this course and learnt a lot. The kind of things which we can do on powerpoint truly amazed me

By Brad V B

Apr 22, 2020

I enjoy his easy-going and unpretentious style. I am partial to UC-Boulder because I lived in Boulder for over 7 years.

By Vaiva A

Aug 23, 2020

It’s very helpful, even if I’m not a beginner, but I get a lot of tips and tricks! David Underwood is a great teacher.

By Sahil C

Jun 23, 2020

brilliant course to develop a sense of learning about graphics designing and how we make more attractive our work made

By camiel c

May 15, 2020

I learned a lot of useful information. Great course, detailed and easy for any learner to understand. Great practice!

By Carol E P R

Jul 6, 2020

the course is really very good, it helps you to improve aspects that you can neglect sometimes in different designs

By le q d

Jan 10, 2021

It's a great course but I need to know more about how you make this product, the steps to make a finished product.

By Karla G

Mar 26, 2018

Easy to learn, straight to the point and incredibly useful to be critical on your own work! He's a good professor.

By Irene N

Nov 25, 2020

I am really enjoying this course so far, the content is very well explained and communicated from the instructor!

By Carlos J M D

Oct 5, 2020

Excelente muy claros y concisos los módulos, brinda las herramientas necesarias para hacer un trabajo de calidad.

By Piyush P

May 4, 2020

Great course and instuctor. It helped me prepare a good workflow for future projects and deepened my love for it.

By Bencherki M

Oct 1, 2018

Great course, I often re-wind some parts to enjoy them once again! Worth my time even in our daily busy schedules

By Diana L F R

Nov 8, 2020

I've learned a lot in this course. Now I know more techniques about the Graphic Design. This course is amazing.

By Partho D

Oct 31, 2020

I'm very glad to study with you .

And I want to thank the entire team of Coursera to giving me that opportunity.

By 18BMA124_KAVERI S S

Jul 20, 2020

Very good course which have many practice exercises to help us to have a better understanding of graphic design