Back to Introduction to Probability and Data

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Probability and Data by Duke University

This course introduces you to sampling and exploring data, as well as basic probability theory and Bayes' rule. You will examine various types of sampling methods, and discuss how such methods can impact the scope of inference. A variety of exploratory data analysis techniques will be covered, including numeric summary statistics and basic data visualization. You will be guided through installing and using R and RStudio (free statistical software), and will use this software for lab exercises and a final project. The concepts and techniques in this course will serve as building blocks for the inference and modeling courses in the Specialization....

AA

Jan 24, 2018

This course literally taught me a lot, the concepts were beautifully explained but the way it was delivered and overall exercises and the difficulty of problems made it more challenging and enjoying.

BB

Sep 04, 2019

Very clearly explained and the pace is awesome! I really enjoy each deadline and l can already see how it is impacting my day to day work and life. I ook forward to completing the course! Thank you.

226 - 250 of 755 Reviews for Introduction to Probability and Data

By Zakir U S

Mar 17, 2019

One of the best Course to learn about Probability and Data. Thanks for this amazing course Mine Çetinkaya-Rundel.

By Rafael C

Apr 08, 2019

I especially love the examples offered by professor in the course, very helpful for comprehension and application

By VAIBHAV S

Feb 10, 2019

Very well explained with great examples and so simple to understand

Thank You So much for putting this together !!

By Marshall T M

Sep 28, 2016

Probably the best statistics course I have ever taken....... Why we even do Stats is now beginning to make sense.

By Alp A

May 04, 2018

Great introduction! Loved the pace of the course and how the course relates all concepts to real life scenarios!

By Заров Е А

Mar 28, 2018

This is nice and comprehencive course.

I have learnd a lot about Probability and got a nice practical experience.

By Juan J S G

Nov 15, 2016

Muy útil para retomar los conocimientos básicos de estadística. / Very useful to recover the basis on statistics

By Amanda.W

Sep 20, 2016

Good class! Suitable for beginners to R. I feel that I have made great achievement after finished all the tests!

By Jiaxin W

Sep 11, 2016

Excellent course! Love the project! It has helped me a lot in applying concepts to practice and understanding R.

By 何霄

Jun 12, 2019

teachers are really nice; the slides are vivid and easy to understand.

wish everyone taking the course enjoy it!

By Josy D O V

Jan 04, 2020

very well conducted. Brings many real example of how to apply the statements. Very weel done. I recommended!!!

By Jacob T

Apr 05, 2019

Fantastic intro course. Gives you all the tools you need to succeed. Great for learning statistics and also R.

By EthanKwon

Dec 04, 2018

Thanks to this course, I was able to develop my knowledge of statistics and get basic skills in R programming.

By Niclas F S

Apr 29, 2018

A great introduction into Statistics! Especially did this course raise my interest of R as a programming tool.

By Kirubel S M

Feb 24, 2018

I love it, but there should be more discussion on how random sample would have been used on the final project.

By Luis G

Jun 14, 2016

It's a wonderful course, you can learn different things about statitics and software R.

I totally recommend it.

By Melesio C S

Mar 12, 2019

It is quite a great course, very concise. All the concepts are well explained and many examples are provided.

By AMINU T J

Jun 11, 2018

i enjoyed the faculty and the teaching technique adopted. highly informative, educative and applicable course

By Andrew O

Jan 25, 2017

This course was a great introduction to R and a review of basic stats. I can't wait to start the next course.

By zhenyue z

May 25, 2016

very awesome class for statistics, very clear explanation. recommend for any one who want to know statistics.

By Eduardo B D S

Dec 27, 2019

Excellent course. Gave me the necessary foundations to understand statistics and to use R as a usefull tool.

By Kasturi D

Jul 17, 2019

Excellent course for beginners in Statistics. In depth teaching of every basic concept and its applications.

By Gregorio A A P

Aug 26, 2017

Excellent, but I would be grateful if you could translate all your courses of absolute quality into Spanish.

By Nicolas B

Sep 13, 2017

Clear contents, demands work but it´s rewarding. R practices are challenging but fun (once you crack them).

By Richard F

Jun 01, 2017

Excellent pace. Excellent examples. Learned a lot during the course and when reviewing other people's work.