Back to Introduction to Probability and Data with R

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Probability and Data with R by Duke University

This course introduces you to sampling and exploring data, as well as basic probability theory and Bayes' rule. You will examine various types of sampling methods, and discuss how such methods can impact the scope of inference. A variety of exploratory data analysis techniques will be covered, including numeric summary statistics and basic data visualization. You will be guided through installing and using R and RStudio (free statistical software), and will use this software for lab exercises and a final project. The concepts and techniques in this course will serve as building blocks for the inference and modeling courses in the Specialization....

AA

Jan 24, 2018

This course literally taught me a lot, the concepts were beautifully explained but the way it was delivered and overall exercises and the difficulty of problems made it more challenging and enjoying.

HD

Mar 31, 2018

The tutor makes it really simple. The given examples really helped to understand the concepts and apply it to a wide range of problems. Thank you for this. Wish I could complete the assignments too.

226 - 250 of 1,030 Reviews for Introduction to Probability and Data with R

By Matt S H

Really good overview of basic probability theory and R. Like the focus on practical applications and real life studies that were done instead of just toy problems.

By Mustafa M

Jul 13, 2020

Very well put together course with good introduction to R programming and basics of statistics. Lectures are excellent, logical, well-organized and easy to follow

By Jason Z

Great stuff, well organized lectures. From zero experience in using R to having some idea with it only took me a week to complete this course. Highly recommended!

By Dimitar D

Apr 18, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed the videos, the special book accompanying the lectures and the R exercises. My particular favs are the book and the R assignments. Great job!

By David B J

Jun 12, 2019

Most of the content is useful. Some of the probability exercises do not seem necessary for someone going into applied statistics, but they were fun nonetheless.

By WEI L

Nov 23, 2018

The course is VERY helpful, I used all the things I learned from the course in my daily study, I feel more confident and committed to finish the specialization!

By alessandro r

Apr 02, 2018

The material and the presentation are very clear and informative. The quizzes are not difficult but not trivial either. The final project is quite interesting.

By John H

Nov 30, 2017

This was a great reintroduction to statistics for me, and with the added benefit of learning to use R, or at least a beginning. I will be continuing for sure.

By dale r

Jan 12, 2017

One of the best courses I have taken so far on Coursera. Great lecture content and excellent accompanying text (Open Intro to Statistics). Highly recommended.

By Harshit A

Dec 16, 2019

Very well structured course and gives a headstart if one wants to go in Data analytics or Data Science. All topics are explained in the easiest way possible.

By Laura C C O

Aug 04, 2020

i loved the content, excellent classes and teachers. Excellent course to iniciate the use of Rstudio and to improve basic statistics and probability study.

Aug 09, 2019

A little bit hard for someone that have zero knowledge about R and only a few notions about statistics. But is a very interesting challenge, great course!

By 赵思奇

Jan 16, 2018

The lectures and reading materials are all good, but I do think more detailed instructions on R basics could be helpful, especially for rookies such as I.

By Andre G L O

Jun 20, 2016

Very enjoyable and useful. The material is very well explained and the final project is challenger and fun.

I learn a lot on the peer-review processes too!

By Caio C M B

Aug 15, 2017

The metodology of the course is great! The videos and exercises in rstudio are extremely helpfull. I'll definitely come back to the full specialization.

By Saishankar S

Jul 25, 2020

A fabulous course and a great starting point. Whilst I had these concepts already covered in my regular courses at UCL, learning R is a good take-away.

By RAFAEL A R R

Jul 22, 2020

This is the appropiate course for people who want to begin in the world of data analysis. The methology is great and the explanations are well defined.

By Jonathan S

Mar 11, 2018

Great introductory course; I recommend taking the time to read the textbook as well as it gives you a much more thorough understanding of the concepts.

By Hossein R

Jun 14, 2017

Amazing course for people interested in statistics and R. Great instructor, everything is explained perfectly and simply! Great quizzes and assignment.

By Scott M

Jun 04, 2016

The mixture of well thought out videos, an online book, and rmarkdown lab templates made this a great experience. I plan to complete the entire course.

By Suneha K S

Apr 14, 2020

The course is well knit and the practice material given helps a lot!! This is an excellent introductory course for anyone who wants to go from basics.

By Lisa H

May 08, 2020

I very much appreciate the instruction in the course by Dr. Mine Çetinkaya-Rundel. I learned a lot about R, which was my goal for the course. Thanks!

By Eric P

Jun 01, 2017

Fantastic instructor with a great energy. There are plenty of examples to drive the concepts home and the textbook is fantastic. Highly recommend.

By Emmanuel E

Jan 09, 2020

Wow, I would totally recommend this course to just about anyone but mainly to those seeking to have a thorough grasp of Probability and Statistics.