Back to Introduction to Probability and Data

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Probability and Data by Duke University

This course introduces you to sampling and exploring data, as well as basic probability theory and Bayes' rule. You will examine various types of sampling methods, and discuss how such methods can impact the scope of inference. A variety of exploratory data analysis techniques will be covered, including numeric summary statistics and basic data visualization. You will be guided through installing and using R and RStudio (free statistical software), and will use this software for lab exercises and a final project. The concepts and techniques in this course will serve as building blocks for the inference and modeling courses in the Specialization....

AA

Jan 24, 2018

This course literally taught me a lot, the concepts were beautifully explained but the way it was delivered and overall exercises and the difficulty of problems made it more challenging and enjoying.

HD

Mar 31, 2018

The tutor makes it really simple. The given examples really helped to understand the concepts and apply it to a wide range of problems. Thank you for this. Wish I could complete the assignments too.

151 - 175 of 732 Reviews for Introduction to Probability and Data

By Simonas C

Jun 14, 2017

Fantastic introduction to simple data analysis.

By Marco V B F

Jan 23, 2018

Professor is so easy to understand. I wish I had more professors like this during my undergraduate stage!

By ngoduyvu

Jul 31, 2016

Good instruction, even though the final project is little bit hard.

By Rachel F

May 14, 2018

Excellent lectures and well-designed practical sessions.

By Lochan B

Oct 07, 2016

Very informative. Provides a good understanding about implication of data collection and probability.

By Sarah W

Apr 27, 2018

Excellent course! I learned a lot about probability, and it was clear that a lot of work went into this curriculum. The slides were already perfect for taking notes from, and the examples were great. The instructor spoke very clearly and was awesome.

By Maxim L

Sep 23, 2017

Magnificent course. Final project highly strengthens understanding of material.

By 王新峰

Aug 07, 2016

All the course design and teaching techniques are all very excellent.

By Bharat K

Jul 18, 2016

One of the well made MOOCs. There are many courses in Coursera taught by good professors from good universities but are badly designed for an MOOC environment making it a bad experience. This course is really well designed. The contents is modular and lectures are split into easy to grasp chunks. The weekly lab exercises using R using real datasets is a plus. Though not much of R syntax is taught and it is up to us to explore(understandable since the goal of this course is not to teach R). The final project was a bit challenging but fun. The course 'mentors' are helpful.

By Jose C O B

Jun 17, 2016

The concepts are clearly presented in a way that makes it simple to understand and apply.

By Jorge I F R

Sep 09, 2017

Excelente para entender R y probabilidad.

By Jose A R N

Oct 22, 2016

My name is Jose Antonio from Brazil. I am looking for a new Data Scientist career (https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseantonio11)

I did this course to get new knowledge about Statistics in DataScience and better understand the technology and your practical applications.

The course was excellent and the classes well taught by teachers.

Congratulations to Coursera team and Instructors.

By Leonardo A P M

Jul 13, 2017

Great course!!

By Yize H

Oct 04, 2016

This is a great course, very helpful for people who are interested in statistics and R. I learned a lot from the lecture. Apart from the compact lecture, I also learned a lot from the peer review process, the work I reviewed and feedback I got were very helpful, I was also shocked by the efforts present in the work and feedback. Great community.

By Craig D

Sep 11, 2016

Loved the final assignment, challenging and really put to test the things we learned

By Hanna L

Sep 06, 2017

Loving it!!!!

By Carlos M

Aug 11, 2016

Great course! This has been one of the best courses that I have taken at Coursera. I really liked the fact that we have a free book for the class and there are optional exercises for practicing what we have learned at the end of each week. The instructor knows the subject and is very clear.

By William

Jun 01, 2016

I have watched the introduction video to this course and i was glad to learn some basics of probability. I hope it will enhance my data analysis skills and help to realize my career as a data scientist.

By Ben G

Aug 29, 2016

Excellent introduction to Statistics and Probability. The course progresses at a nice pace - not too much too fast. The textbook is a great resource, and it's written in a very easy to digest way, making the concepts clear and approachable. The videos further reinforce the textbook and help clarify the material.

This class is highly recommended.

By Pu Y

Nov 20, 2017

The lab sessions in this course is very helpful and informative. Highly recommand!

By Guangjian D

May 04, 2016

Super useful and helpful, but we have to pay for grading. Still, 5-star for the course.

By Vijay G

Oct 25, 2016

Its a good start to the series. My only complaint is that the quiz and the lab assignments needs to be much harder. Its too easy to pass them. You dont get a feeling that your are being tested thoroughly.

By G S R

Aug 02, 2017

good course ...very useful if you want learn from scratch.

By Justin T

May 31, 2016

Found the course extremely useful, material clear and well presented.

By Erika

Oct 12, 2016

Used this course of review and it was much better taught than any statistics course I struggled through at university.