Back to Introduction to Probability and Data with R

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Probability and Data with R by Duke University

This course introduces you to sampling and exploring data, as well as basic probability theory and Bayes' rule. You will examine various types of sampling methods, and discuss how such methods can impact the scope of inference. A variety of exploratory data analysis techniques will be covered, including numeric summary statistics and basic data visualization. You will be guided through installing and using R and RStudio (free statistical software), and will use this software for lab exercises and a final project. The concepts and techniques in this course will serve as building blocks for the inference and modeling courses in the Specialization....

AA

Jan 24, 2018

This course literally taught me a lot, the concepts were beautifully explained but the way it was delivered and overall exercises and the difficulty of problems made it more challenging and enjoying.

BB

Sep 04, 2019

Very clearly explained and the pace is awesome! I really enjoy each deadline and l can already see how it is impacting my day to day work and life. I ook forward to completing the course! Thank you.

101 - 125 of 957 Reviews for Introduction to Probability and Data with R

By Jennifer K

Jul 05, 2017

The professor is so engaging and explains everything in a very clear and organized way. The project at the end of each week is a real challenge and requires you to understand well what you learned. There are additional finger-exercises in R on datacamp.com in connection with this course, which is great.

By Adolfo O

Oct 07, 2016

I enjoyed this course! Extract information of a data frame, observe this information with R, the bayes rule and how obtain the quantiles are some skills that I learned in this course. I recommend it amply, and in my opinion the examples characterized the topics very well and in a form very interesting.

By Antonio M

Apr 25, 2020

Great introduction to Probability and Data. The course also explains some fundamentals of Bayesian statistics.

Every concepts was explained very effectively and lots of exercises (with and without R) were provided. I would warmly suggest this course to anyone interested in an introduction to Statistics.

By Leon M R

Jan 14, 2020

Through this course I finally got to understand R as a whole. It was also possible to begin to understand how language works. The course is quite didactic, but requires some familiarity with basic statistical concepts and data visualization, which I noticed especially from the projects I evaluated.

By Carlos M

Aug 11, 2016

Great course! This has been one of the best courses that I have taken at Coursera. I really liked the fact that we have a free book for the class and there are optional exercises for practicing what we have learned at the end of each week. The instructor knows the subject and is very clear.

By Gouri D

Jun 19, 2018

Prof Mine Cetinkaya-Rundel's explanation, narration and examples are simply superb! I decided to subscribe for this specialization after trying it for the free 7 day period, and it is totally worth it. I will look for more courses by this team. Thank you all. The course content is very good.

By Duane S

Jan 29, 2017

This course is a great introduction to learning about statistical thinking in R. The emphasis is of course on probability and data (especially distributions and exploratory analysis), but there is also a very nice integration of R code and introductory coding to complement the main material.

By Sandro H

Mar 07, 2020

A cornerstone for anyone to dive into the complex world of statistics. Dr. Mine is not only in perfect command of her material, she also made it fun to learn enough for me to have stuck around until the end of this course. I am confident of tackling a new challenge: inferential statistics!

By Samuel O T A

Dec 10, 2018

It's a great course, I had acquired new abilities like using R language programming for applied statistics, as well as knowledge about probability and statistics in topics like: sampling, measures of center and spread, data visualization, inference, probability distribution and much more.

By Mariliis J

Oct 19, 2019

This course was planned very well. It covers topics multiple times but in different forms/approaches, which makes the material easy to learn and obtain. Furthermore, the practical exercises and coding lab were guided enough yet let the learner have independence as well in the solutions.

By Michael O

Mar 23, 2018

excellent course! Videos were very instructive, book and problems reinforced the course material well. All in all great. Had a little problem getting the knit function to work initially, and it appears as some others did since I saw one project submitted that wasn't knit into html.

By Toan T L

Nov 25, 2018

Great introduction course on Probability.

The final report is unexpectedly challenging when one has to come up with 3 analysis from a dataset with more than 100 variables.

So if you choose to finish this course, be prepare to spend a lot more time than other normal ones on Coursera.

By Rohit D W

Jan 30, 2020

It was really a great course, on an initial basis, you will learn different things a lot. And as a statistics student, I enjoyed the coursework, with an r programming language it was different at first but while getting used to it, it's a nice and easy way to deal with data.

By Christopher R

Jan 19, 2017

I enjoyed the RMD labs. I think they provide a great interactive hands on learning experience that video and paper assignments alone can not cover. The material covered in the labs is worthwhile as well, showing how to dissect that table into different cuts for investigation

By Thomas M

Sep 03, 2016

Very good introductory course to probability and data. Very hands-on examples and outstanding explanations. I already had several statistics courses before in my life but not in this quality. I can really recommend this course to anyone who to learn more about statistics.

By Karin S

Oct 05, 2017

Having very little statistical knowledge and no R programming experience before starting the course, I have learned so much! The coursework goes at a good pace, the instructors are very clear and explain things well. I look forward to taking the entire specialization.

By Tewis P

Jul 10, 2020

This course is very useful to know how to interpret the data, as the professors introduce R programming. R language is difficult to understand for beginners without prior knowledge, however it is not so difficult if you try your best as each command is well-explained.

By Sanju S

Aug 12, 2016

Excellent course. Very engaging. The amount of effort the team has put in is very evident. The quizzes in the lecture make you pause, think and reinforce the concepts. I am currently doing John Hopkins data specialization as well, but this is way better. Thank you!

By Raghav A

Jul 17, 2017

The Course & Slide Material is nice.The examples used help in getting & applying the theory matter taught in the previous videos.It's great.

Only suggested thing is if the instructor could provide a word or handwritten material it would be an icing on the cake.

By Marcellus R W

Apr 18, 2020

Great course! Dr. Mine is a great instructor and the course structure is good. The final project is a bit challenging, especially for those who don't have prior R knowledge like me. However, I think this is the best way to learn a new programming language.

By Sky E G

Apr 20, 2020

a bit fast paced for people with no background in statistics, but for those who have the basis, it is great. Mine is a great instructor.

what bothered me a bit what the way the R part and the statistics (lectures) par was unrelated and almost independent.

By Valeriy K

Oct 25, 2019

I couldn't be more happy with this course. Super rich course materials, diverse tasks, hands-on labs, and many more. I really love the textbook, Open Statistics - the best statistics guides I've seen so far. Huge thanks to the professor Çetinkaya-Rundel!

By Zhou C

Aug 24, 2017

A great course by Professor Çetinkaya-Rundel whose teaching is very easy to understand. It was really instrumental and interesting to join this course especially when I dealt with those related assignments and ran R in the lab. Strong recommendation!!!

By Sarah W

Apr 27, 2018

Excellent course! I learned a lot about probability, and it was clear that a lot of work went into this curriculum. The slides were already perfect for taking notes from, and the examples were great. The instructor spoke very clearly and was awesome.

By Bruno R S

Nov 14, 2017

Excellent introduction to statistics. An good refresher to whom have already taken such a course long ago. The course content is mostly focused on basic statistics and math, so the R programming is quite challenging if you are a complete newbie to R.