Back to Introduction to Probability and Data with R

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Probability and Data with R by Duke University

This course introduces you to sampling and exploring data, as well as basic probability theory and Bayes' rule. You will examine various types of sampling methods, and discuss how such methods can impact the scope of inference. A variety of exploratory data analysis techniques will be covered, including numeric summary statistics and basic data visualization. You will be guided through installing and using R and RStudio (free statistical software), and will use this software for lab exercises and a final project. The concepts and techniques in this course will serve as building blocks for the inference and modeling courses in the Specialization....

AA
Feb 24, 2021

I always wanted to learn statistics from scratch, but I never had a good university teacher. Here I found a good teacher and also the opportunity to learn whenever I want ( and skipping parts I knew!)

AM
Feb 7, 2021

After trying several courses to get me started with R programming, this one came to the rescue and had all the info I wanted. It also provides a great way to practice through labs and a final project!

201 - 225 of 1,105 Reviews for Introduction to Probability and Data with R

By Ryan M

Jan 16, 2019

This was an excellent course, I found it easy to follow and I learned a lot that pertains directly to my career. I look forward to the other courses in the Statistics with R certificate

By Joachim S

Aug 4, 2020

Duke university makes the best classes by far. This statistics class has been a better introduction to data science than any of the "introduction to data science" classes i have taken.

By Balan R

Aug 21, 2017

It was a great course. The videos were clear in the content and ideas. I personally struggled coming up with research questions for the project. But it was a great learning experience.

By Tiong S C

Apr 29, 2017

Best statistical course ever taken!

Clear explanation with practical examples and background on the basis of the statistics applied. Highly recommend to anyone interested in statistics!

By Jie X

Aug 11, 2019

This course is good for beginners. For me I'd like to learn more about inference part of the book. Could you please tell me if you have also made videos for that? Thank for your help.

By Tony M

Jun 8, 2016

This is one of the best courses I've taken with Coursera so far. The lecture videos combine very nicely with the R training. I look forward to taking the next course in this series.

By anand v

Sep 26, 2020

One of the better courses for understanding probability and probability distributions in a practical way using R. Thankful to Duke and Cousera for giving me financial aid. Grateful !

By Wang Q

Dec 15, 2018

This course is very helpful to people who want to start to learn R. It combines the probability and R exercise to help us to learn. The teachers are also very nice to our questions.

By Nicole B

Sep 8, 2016

Great and comprehensive video material. The book and programming exercises provide extra learning opportunities. I'm sure to be using my newly developed statistics skills in my PhD.

By Pat B

Aug 3, 2017

This course was built in a very objective way. All the important concepts, sometimes forgotten in other courses, are provided. The lab exercises are well made and help to master R.

By Ayushmaan D V

Jun 28, 2020

This course was very helpful in teaching the basics of R and Data Analysis. Also, the labs and the final project give you a taste of how research is carried out in the real world.

By Artur I

Amazing! What I most liked about this course is that apart from introduction to probability concepts it also gives GREAT introduction to R programming and R studio.

Good Course!!!

By Mei L F

Dec 23, 2017

I gained basic understanding of analysis using statistic concepts and R language. The professor presents the materials in a clear way and I enjoyed the class very much. Thank you.

By Zhang R

Nov 1, 2019

This course helps me a lot to build a basic understanding of statistics knowledge in probability and data. I am looking forward to continue this series of courses in the future!

By Nitin K M

Jul 7, 2019

The Course provides a brief intro of using Python to clean and analyze data. This course is awesome for beginners who want to embark their journey in the field of Data Science.

By Achal

Mar 8, 2018

good course but a R project should start from basics for people who are not even aware of the tool.

Please also include a little more about ggplot and its associated functions.

By Michael K

Jul 27, 2020

Excellent lecture videos and presentation of materials. I do, however, would like to note that perhaps the course would be enhanced if R language is presented in more detail.

By Festo O

Jun 6, 2017

The course offers very good introduction to statistics. The course facilitator is very good in this field and she's excellent in compressing and conveying the course content.

By Glauco d O G F

Aug 24, 2020

Incredible course!!! Definitely one of the best courses on Coursera. Amazing material, professor, lessons and final project. Congratulations for the great job and thank you!

By Himanshu D

Jan 30, 2017

It was my first online course on coursera. It was nice learning at coursera. The content provided in the course is very well constructed. Instructor videos are very helpful.

By Vincent H

Sep 18, 2016

extraordinary lecture with clear explanation and examples.

This course is way much better than the Johns Hopkins Data Science certification. I suggest you taking this course

By Vivek K V

Aug 22, 2016

Great course. I am a begainer, I learned how to start with R. I also acquired knowledge of probability. Course methodology is great, you get to learn and apply the concepts.

By Syed M K S

Oct 11, 2020

I think there is need for to make assignment with R from week 1 to week 4 more advance to cover more R content or add another course in specialization data analysis with R

By Siddharth T S

Jul 6, 2020

Great introduction to statistics. Dr. Mine Çetinkaya-Rundel is a wonderfully capable instructor, and she is thorough and clear in her explanation of statistical concepts.

By Moein R

Feb 2, 2018

The course absolutely great. However, I hope that almost all the materials be reviewed in the next courses since they flee so easily.

Thanks a million