Back to Introduction to Probability and Data with R

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Probability and Data with R by Duke University

This course introduces you to sampling and exploring data, as well as basic probability theory and Bayes' rule. You will examine various types of sampling methods, and discuss how such methods can impact the scope of inference. A variety of exploratory data analysis techniques will be covered, including numeric summary statistics and basic data visualization. You will be guided through installing and using R and RStudio (free statistical software), and will use this software for lab exercises and a final project. The concepts and techniques in this course will serve as building blocks for the inference and modeling courses in the Specialization....

AA

Jan 24, 2018

This course literally taught me a lot, the concepts were beautifully explained but the way it was delivered and overall exercises and the difficulty of problems made it more challenging and enjoying.

HD

Mar 31, 2018

The tutor makes it really simple. The given examples really helped to understand the concepts and apply it to a wide range of problems. Thank you for this. Wish I could complete the assignments too.

176 - 200 of 1,028 Reviews for Introduction to Probability and Data with R

By Alberto F C C

Jul 10, 2020

I loved the course, the explanations were great and the examples too, I thought it would take me a long time to learn how to handle data with Rstudio, but this course accelerated me in the process

By Lilian B C

Jun 08, 2020

I've loved this course. But i should say that you should improve more probability questions to practice before the tests. It will be very helpful! And also more graph using categorical data!!

By GUIRONG L

Jun 17, 2019

The final project is quite challenging but I have learned so much from this course. The lecture is great and the professor explains each concept well with examples. Really worthy of taking!!!

By Sadashiv N

Mar 12, 2019

This course was quite helpful for someone who like me who doesn't have a strong understanding of statistics. The highlight of the course was learning a new data analysis tool - R and RStudio.

By Hunter B

Oct 08, 2018

Great course - great guidance through RStudio coding. Would be great if the instructor could slow down a bit during lectures to make taking notes easier. Otherwise very happy with the course.

By Carly D

Oct 11, 2016

excellent course. lots of material to work off of. I wish there were more tutorials for the R language! I would love to learn more of the capabilities of the program through this online tool.

By Oliver W

Dec 28, 2016

A very well prepared course!

The videos' length is optimal, the course book is free of charge and easily understandable.

If you expect a mathematics lecture, you will be disappointed though.

By Stefano S

Apr 17, 2020

Very good introduction to statistics, for absolute beginners, like me, as to statistics and also to R. If you take it seriously you can learn a lot. Classes and Labs very well organized.

By Brian R

May 12, 2016

This is a very accessible intro to statistical analysis, light on math but heavy on intuition, and the R programming labs are a superb way to practice and really learn to apply the tools.

By Sayan S

Oct 04, 2020

Really lovely course to begin your journey towards working with 'Statistics'(Using R). Had started this course just to understand the basics. Now I will try to finish the specialization.

By Alfredo S

Apr 06, 2020

It was very simple to understand, excellent teachers. I really enjoyed it! I use statistics on a daily basis and this consolidates my knowledge. Plus, it helps me enhance my skills at R.

By Rashmi S

Jul 19, 2020

This one was really a tough course to accomplish. The real-life assignment gives opportunity to apply the concepts on actual data, ensuring both theoretical and practical understanding.

By Ryan M

Jan 16, 2019

This was an excellent course, I found it easy to follow and I learned a lot that pertains directly to my career. I look forward to the other courses in the Statistics with R certificate

By Joachim S

Aug 04, 2020

Duke university makes the best classes by far. This statistics class has been a better introduction to data science than any of the "introduction to data science" classes i have taken.

By Balan.R

Aug 21, 2017

It was a great course. The videos were clear in the content and ideas. I personally struggled coming up with research questions for the project. But it was a great learning experience.

By Tiong S C

Apr 30, 2017

Best statistical course ever taken!

Clear explanation with practical examples and background on the basis of the statistics applied. Highly recommend to anyone interested in statistics!

By Jie X

Aug 11, 2019

This course is good for beginners. For me I'd like to learn more about inference part of the book. Could you please tell me if you have also made videos for that? Thank for your help.

By Tony M

Jun 08, 2016

This is one of the best courses I've taken with Coursera so far. The lecture videos combine very nicely with the R training. I look forward to taking the next course in this series.

By anand v

Sep 26, 2020

One of the better courses for understanding probability and probability distributions in a practical way using R. Thankful to Duke and Cousera for giving me financial aid. Grateful !

By Wang Q

Dec 16, 2018

This course is very helpful to people who want to start to learn R. It combines the probability and R exercise to help us to learn. The teachers are also very nice to our questions.

By Nicole B

Sep 08, 2016

Great and comprehensive video material. The book and programming exercises provide extra learning opportunities. I'm sure to be using my newly developed statistics skills in my PhD.

By Patricia B

Aug 03, 2017

This course was built in a very objective way. All the important concepts, sometimes forgotten in other courses, are provided. The lab exercises are well made and help to master R.

By Ayushmaan D V

Jun 28, 2020

This course was very helpful in teaching the basics of R and Data Analysis. Also, the labs and the final project give you a taste of how research is carried out in the real world.

By Artur I

Amazing! What I most liked about this course is that apart from introduction to probability concepts it also gives GREAT introduction to R programming and R studio.

Good Course!!!

By Mei-Ling F

Dec 23, 2017

I gained basic understanding of analysis using statistic concepts and R language. The professor presents the materials in a clear way and I enjoyed the class very much. Thank you.