Back to Introduction to Probability and Data

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Probability and Data by Duke University

This course introduces you to sampling and exploring data, as well as basic probability theory and Bayes' rule. You will examine various types of sampling methods, and discuss how such methods can impact the scope of inference. A variety of exploratory data analysis techniques will be covered, including numeric summary statistics and basic data visualization. You will be guided through installing and using R and RStudio (free statistical software), and will use this software for lab exercises and a final project. The concepts and techniques in this course will serve as building blocks for the inference and modeling courses in the Specialization....

AA

Jan 24, 2018

This course literally taught me a lot, the concepts were beautifully explained but the way it was delivered and overall exercises and the difficulty of problems made it more challenging and enjoying.

BB

Sep 04, 2019

Very clearly explained and the pace is awesome! I really enjoy each deadline and l can already see how it is impacting my day to day work and life. I ook forward to completing the course! Thank you.

176 - 200 of 852 Reviews for Introduction to Probability and Data

By Vivek K V

Aug 23, 2016

Great course. I am a begainer, I learned how to start with R. I also acquired knowledge of probability. Course methodology is great, you get to learn and apply the concepts.

By Moein R

Feb 02, 2018

The course absolutely great. However, I hope that almost all the materials be reviewed in the next courses since they flee so easily.

Thanks a million

SIncerely

Moein Razavi

By Christopher T

Feb 14, 2017

The readings and videos were a great overview of Probability. The labs and data project worked well at teaching the student how R can be used for this type of analysis.

By Bicheng Z

Dec 29, 2016

Instructor explains the course material very clearly, course materials is comprehensive and homework assignment with DataCamp is the state of art online homework system.

By Mohammad A S

Aug 10, 2016

I am an O Level graduate and the course is perfectly designed for anybody to start learning basic statistics and R. The quizzes and assignments make it more interesting.

By Ravi K K

Apr 15, 2018

A beatuifully designed course for beginners. This course explains in great detail the basics and various prinicples of statistical analysis required for analyzing data.

By Royden A L

Mar 13, 2018

SO helpful for understanding basic stats. Really appreciate that the text is free. The R lessons are a very good intro with excellent examples. A very helpful resource.

By Miguel C O

Feb 08, 2018

The Introduction to Probability and Data course is a nice step into the world of statistics and a good refresher course for those of us rusty with statistical concepts.

By Carlos C

Oct 21, 2016

I really want to thank the responsible for this course. It really helped me a lot to clarify several things that previously were unclear to me, due to bad explainations

By Xinyan L

Apr 29, 2020

This is a great starting point to master R and use it in data analysis. Not much pre knowledge is needed. The course is instructed in a way that is easy to understand.

By Karan R

Jan 03, 2017

A highly demanding and challenging course. Perfect course material and instructors. It was extremely enjoyable and amongst the most satisfactory courses on Coursera.

By Jason Z

Great stuff, well organized lectures. From zero experience in using R to having some idea with it only took me a week to complete this course. Highly recommended!

By Dimitar D

Apr 18, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed the videos, the special book accompanying the lectures and the R exercises. My particular favs are the book and the R assignments. Great job!

By David B J

Jun 12, 2019

Most of the content is useful. Some of the probability exercises do not seem necessary for someone going into applied statistics, but they were fun nonetheless.

By WEI L

Nov 23, 2018

The course is VERY helpful, I used all the things I learned from the course in my daily study, I feel more confident and committed to finish the specialization!

By alessandro r

Apr 02, 2018

The material and the presentation are very clear and informative. The quizzes are not difficult but not trivial either. The final project is quite interesting.

By John H

Nov 30, 2017

This was a great reintroduction to statistics for me, and with the added benefit of learning to use R, or at least a beginning. I will be continuing for sure.

By dale r

Jan 12, 2017

One of the best courses I have taken so far on Coursera. Great lecture content and excellent accompanying text (Open Intro to Statistics). Highly recommended.

By Harshit A

Dec 16, 2019

Very well structured course and gives a headstart if one wants to go in Data analytics or Data Science. All topics are explained in the easiest way possible.

Aug 09, 2019

A little bit hard for someone that have zero knowledge about R and only a few notions about statistics. But is a very interesting challenge, great course!

By 赵思奇

Jan 16, 2018

The lectures and reading materials are all good, but I do think more detailed instructions on R basics could be helpful, especially for rookies such as I.

By Andre G L O

Jun 20, 2016

Very enjoyable and useful. The material is very well explained and the final project is challenger and fun.

I learn a lot on the peer-review processes too!

By Caio C M B

Aug 15, 2017

The metodology of the course is great! The videos and exercises in rstudio are extremely helpfull. I'll definitely come back to the full specialization.

By Jonathan S

Mar 11, 2018

Great introductory course; I recommend taking the time to read the textbook as well as it gives you a much more thorough understanding of the concepts.