Back to Introduction to Probability and Data

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Probability and Data by Duke University

This course introduces you to sampling and exploring data, as well as basic probability theory and Bayes' rule. You will examine various types of sampling methods, and discuss how such methods can impact the scope of inference. A variety of exploratory data analysis techniques will be covered, including numeric summary statistics and basic data visualization. You will be guided through installing and using R and RStudio (free statistical software), and will use this software for lab exercises and a final project. The concepts and techniques in this course will serve as building blocks for the inference and modeling courses in the Specialization....

AA

Jan 24, 2018

This course literally taught me a lot, the concepts were beautifully explained but the way it was delivered and overall exercises and the difficulty of problems made it more challenging and enjoying.

BB

Sep 04, 2019

Very clearly explained and the pace is awesome! I really enjoy each deadline and l can already see how it is impacting my day to day work and life. I ook forward to completing the course! Thank you.

126 - 150 of 778 Reviews for Introduction to Probability and Data

By Hamza A D

Mar 16, 2020

The course was amazing! Especially for me as a beginner, it was not much difficult to get the hang of things!! Hats off to the amazing teacher and her enthusiasm to teach difficult things easily. Highly recommended!

By Rachit K

Sep 21, 2017

Great instructor. Miné explains things really well. I have taken a few statistics courses and I consider myself well conversant with the basics, despite that when she explains the fundamentals I learn something new.

By Stefanie

Nov 19, 2017

The course gave a great introduction to statistics and R. I think it would have been more helpful to have a pre-requisite reading for RStudio before jumping into the projects but the course was overall very good.

By Kieran M

Apr 28, 2016

Great course. Videos were easy to understand and follow. Assignment instructions were a little vague and left to interpretation. Great community of learners! Instructors were extremely responsive to inquiries.

By Ester C P

Feb 20, 2018

Very good for people that have no or very basic notion of probability and statistics. Lessons are very clear and easy to follow and I find exciting the possibility to deal with a "real world" data for the project

By Arjun B

Dec 29, 2017

Concise and well-made introduction to the basics of statistics with practical examples in R.

The peer-review assignment is very interesting and makes you think and apply statistics that you learn from the videos.

By Marina S

Mar 09, 2019

Very well planned course, with awesome orator and explainer and with a lot of additional materials for better understanding. The only hard thing is the last project. It takes much more time than it's written.

By Vijay G

Oct 25, 2016

Its a good start to the series. My only complaint is that the quiz and the lab assignments needs to be much harder. Its too easy to pass them. You dont get a feeling that your are being tested thoroughly.

By Mariana E

Sep 06, 2018

Very interesting curse, I learnt a lot, but I also invested a lot of time learning R for the final work, but this is a good practical approach if you are interested in the thema. Txs to Duke University !

By William

Jun 01, 2016

I have watched the introduction video to this course and i was glad to learn some basics of probability. I hope it will enhance my data analysis skills and help to realize my career as a data scientist.

By Yu M

Mar 18, 2020

Fantastic learning experience. The hardest part of the course is not about statistics but the use of Rstudio. I have met lots of problem but the process solving them by yourself is definitely priceless

By Betty B

Sep 04, 2019

By Harsh D

Mar 31, 2018

The tutor makes it really simple. The given examples really helped to understand the concepts and apply it to a wide range of problems. Thank you for this. Wish I could complete the assignments too.

By GUIRONG L

Jun 17, 2019

The final project is quite challenging but I have learned so much from this course. The lecture is great and the professor explains each concept well with examples. Really worthy of taking!!!

By Sadashiv N

Mar 12, 2019

This course was quite helpful for someone who like me who doesn't have a strong understanding of statistics. The highlight of the course was learning a new data analysis tool - R and RStudio.

By Hunter B

Oct 08, 2018

Great course - great guidance through RStudio coding. Would be great if the instructor could slow down a bit during lectures to make taking notes easier. Otherwise very happy with the course.

By Carly D

Oct 11, 2016

excellent course. lots of material to work off of. I wish there were more tutorials for the R language! I would love to learn more of the capabilities of the program through this online tool.

By Oliver W

Dec 28, 2016

A very well prepared course!

The videos' length is optimal, the course book is free of charge and easily understandable.

If you expect a mathematics lecture, you will be disappointed though.

By Brian C R

May 12, 2016

This is a very accessible intro to statistical analysis, light on math but heavy on intuition, and the R programming labs are a superb way to practice and really learn to apply the tools.

By Ryan M

Jan 16, 2019

This was an excellent course, I found it easy to follow and I learned a lot that pertains directly to my career. I look forward to the other courses in the Statistics with R certificate

By Balan.R

Aug 21, 2017

It was a great course. The videos were clear in the content and ideas. I personally struggled coming up with research questions for the project. But it was a great learning experience.

By Tiong S C

Apr 30, 2017

Best statistical course ever taken!

Clear explanation with practical examples and background on the basis of the statistics applied. Highly recommend to anyone interested in statistics!

By smartma

Aug 11, 2019

This course is good for beginners. For me I'd like to learn more about inference part of the book. Could you please tell me if you have also made videos for that? Thank for your help.

By Tony M

Jun 08, 2016

This is one of the best courses I've taken with Coursera so far. The lecture videos combine very nicely with the R training. I look forward to taking the next course in this series.

By Wang Q

Dec 16, 2018

This course is very helpful to people who want to start to learn R. It combines the probability and R exercise to help us to learn. The teachers are also very nice to our questions.