Back to Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making by University of California, Irvine

4.3

Critical thinking – the application of scientific methods and logical reasoning to problems and decisions – is the foundation of effective problem solving and decision making. Critical thinking enables us to avoid common obstacles, test our beliefs and assumptions, and correct distortions in our thought processes. Gain confidence in assessing problems accurately, evaluating alternative solutions, and anticipating likely risks. Learn how to use analysis, synthesis, and positive inquiry to address individual and organizational problems and develop the critical thinking skills needed in today’s turbulent times. Using case studies and situations encountered by class members, explore successful models and proven methods that are readily transferable on-the-job. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Choose and apply appropriate problem solving and decision making processes and methods 2. Identify common obstacles to effective problem solving and decision making 3. Recognize the human variable in problem solving and decision making 4. Assess major conceptual blocks and significant situational challenges 5. Apply concepts to enhancing personal development and organizational performance 6. Explain the key elements of problem solving and decision making and the barriers associated with them...

YM

Aug 03, 2018

A wonderful Informative and effective course for those who want to learn or improve to take effective decision making and learn quick problem solving techniques

AD

Aug 10, 2015

I have not personally completed the course......but as far as i have progressed i am finding it very helpful and explained in a very simple manner.

1 - 25 of 300 Reviews for Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making

By Daars N

Jan 14, 2019

Not worth the time. Not much content for the amount of time devoted in the videos.

By Luisa M O

Dec 12, 2018

Great course. I liked that He goes straight to the point, I wish the course could have more practical exercises.

By SOUMYA R N

Jul 02, 2019

If you have already learned about Management Engineering,

By Ankur R

Jul 01, 2019

good

By HARINDRA K S

Jun 27, 2019

GOOD COURSE

By Panagiota N

Jun 21, 2019

Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making

By Jennifer F

Jun 20, 2019

Rob has some strange ideas and opinions. I'm not sure he likes his family (brother in law or parents), or slow runners. He tells stories but they are hard to follow.

By John M

Jun 07, 2019

Decent course with a personable instructor. Thank you for the opportunity to acquire knowledge through a course that flows well with a relatively simple interface/interaction.

By Auricel T

Jun 04, 2019

Very helpful on how to know the approach on how to

By Alon S

May 31, 2019

Great course

By Rohin A

May 29, 2019

Good experience

By Valerie K

May 25, 2019

This course met my expectations. It is s very middle of the road presentation. It defines the basics without being overwhelming or boring and provides some depth to each topic. I appreciate Rob Stone's teaching style and storytelling. As a person with ADHD, I found that I was better able to handle the information in the videos when viewing at a higher speed so that I wouldn't be so easily distracted during pauses in speech. That also helped me finish the class quickly.

By Elison F L D

May 14, 2019

I recomend to enroll this course.

By Manal J S A A

T

By Kerolles F H

May 14, 2019

It is a great course and very useful and help me to how to think and how to solve problems by effective way and how to make a group desicion making

By Duncan E O O

Apr 29, 2019

A plus

By MARCO A A G

Apr 29, 2019

Excellent course.

I recommend you, than give us answers about examen when finish the examen with 80% or more correctly and you explain why the other answers are incorrectly.

By Muritala A

Apr 25, 2019

The course is very effective and okay.

By Roberto R

Apr 20, 2019

really help me to improve make decision making wit the best methods and tools that it takes to understand how to evaluate any situation.

By Abdulrashid S