Back to Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making by University of California, Irvine

Critical thinking – the application of scientific methods and logical reasoning to problems and decisions – is the foundation of effective problem solving and decision making. Critical thinking enables us to avoid common obstacles, test our beliefs and assumptions, and correct distortions in our thought processes. Gain confidence in assessing problems accurately, evaluating alternative solutions, and anticipating likely risks. Learn how to use analysis, synthesis, and positive inquiry to address individual and organizational problems and develop the critical thinking skills needed in today’s turbulent times. Using case studies and situations encountered by class members, explore successful models and proven methods that are readily transferable on-the-job. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Choose and apply appropriate problem solving and decision making processes and methods 2. Identify common obstacles to effective problem solving and decision making 3. Recognize the human variable in problem solving and decision making 4. Assess major conceptual blocks and significant situational challenges 5. Apply concepts to enhancing personal development and organizational performance 6. Explain the key elements of problem solving and decision making and the barriers associated with them...

KG
Sep 5, 2020

A very informative and easy course. I loved studying it, the professor was very well versed and delivered the lectures in a way so that students find it easy to understand the text and context.

S
Feb 5, 2021

A concise and informative course. The course consolidates my fundamental knowledge about the different components and concepts of problem-solving and decision-making. I really learned a lot.

101 - 125 of 739 Reviews for Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making

By Eddah K

Jun 20, 2016

I have gained knowledge and skills in project management through this course. Thank you and keep it up.

By Sharifah R

Jun 30, 2020

Simple and interesting course to apply effective problem-solving and decision making at the workplace.

By shameer c

Apr 8, 2020

One of the Best Course I have attended .Really injects me good decision making styles that can used in

By Diego A S J

Oct 27, 2020

Rob Stone is easily the best professor of this specialization. This course surpassed my expectations.

By MD. A R

Sep 30, 2020

Excellent course to develope managerial skills. Thanks to California University, Irvine and Coursera.

By Naomi k

Oct 17, 2020

it was a nice experience learning this. looking forward to applying it in my day to day activities.

By Sachin D

Jun 23, 2020

It was a good course to learn about decision making and effective problem solution within a company

By Mary D

Aug 23, 2015

Wonderful!!! I'm learning a lot. It does a very good job at explaining problem solving and decision

By Bomanaziba J

Feb 10, 2020

It is a great course. I learnt new things that I can apply in my everyday life. Highly revommended

By Dulat I

Jan 3, 2021

It was nice to get the course. Very informative in terms of strategies to enable learner success!

By Paul D B

Dec 30, 2015

This course touches on LOTS of topics and provides a basic understanding of many useful concepts.

By KR

Jul 23, 2016

A good refresher for rather common sense subject matter. I enjoyed the teacher's relaxed style.

By Tayo O

Dec 1, 2016

I really appreciate you for this course. the course will help me to be a better and good leader

By Tony I K

Sep 21, 2016

Very informative and practical approaches, I have learnt a number of things on decision making

By Ndungi A A

Aug 14, 2015

practical course with a scientific view. I recommend it to those who want to work with people.

By chino I

Nov 4, 2020

Taking this course was helpful. It opened my mind to different techniques of problem solving.

By Aamir C

Aug 9, 2020

Amazing course helped in building confidence and problem solving and decision making skills.

By John M

Jun 25, 2018

Great content which provided foundation knowledge I found not to be common sense. Thank you!

By Noelia M S M

Nov 6, 2020

Excelente curso, es ideal para adquirir habilidades para enfrentar el mundo laboral actual.

By Ramanuj S C

Dec 21, 2020

AWESOME ...VERY INFORMATIVE AND SCIENTIFIC APPROACH..VERY EFFECTIVE FOR INDUSTRIAL SERVICE

By Ankit k

Aug 25, 2020

I like the way the trainer teach you with the relevant examples. I really enjoys the corse

By Yury Y

Mar 8, 2019

Useful training with good methods for everyday and business decision making and analysis.

By Ana G

Jan 9, 2021

I absolutely enjoyed this course, learned a lot about charts and decision making process

By Sachin S

Dec 21, 2019

Superb course. learnt techniques of identifying key issues to handle those in lucid way.

By Alok K

Nov 18, 2016

A wonderfully delivered course which helped explain the subject with minimal complexity.