Back to The Art of Music Production

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Art of Music Production by Berklee College of Music

Explore the art of record production and how to make recordings that other people will love listening to. This course will teach you how to make emotionally moving recordings on almost any recording equipment, including your phone or laptop. The emphasis is on mastering tangible artistic concepts; the gear you use is up to you. You will learn to develop the most important tool in the recording studio: your ears. You will learn to enhance every aspect of your own productions, both sonically and musically, by employing deeper listening skills. Assignments will include posting your own recordings for peer review, and reviewing your classmates’ work by employing specific tools and strategies. If you use a digital audio workstation to record and mix, that’s great, but as long as you can record into your computer and post an MP3, you can complete the assignments. As you learn about the art of record production in this 4-week course, you will also learn about yourself and who you are as an artist and producer. It is not necessary that you read music or play an instrument to take this course....

RM

Jul 29, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I learned how to create my very first music song all on my own using an interface. I am independent and ready to make lots more music in my home on my own time by myself.

LR

Sep 26, 2016

Exceptional and essential guide for music producers. This course really makes you think of music production from a holistic perspective. I'll never listen to music the same superficial way anymore...

101 - 125 of 436 Reviews for The Art of Music Production

By Jano L

Nov 11, 2018

Excellent intro into the music production. Being a musician all my life, this course put me in perspective about the things I already knew and new ways of thinking of them.

By Abhinav B

Apr 14, 2020

A very useful course to start off with Music Production. Professor Stephen made it very easy to understand and very easy to navigate around the basics of music production.

By Matt M

Great opportunity to develop and practice an understanding of yourself as an artist, and use this understanding as a limitation for your music. Great introductory class

By JW H

Aug 08, 2018

good overview of the "forest" of music production. Mr. Webber is an excellent instructor, I was able to see an immediate improvement in my art by following his lessons.

By Krishna K V

Mar 20, 2019

I have just started this! Judging from my past experiences doing courses from Berklee, this looks as good as the previous ones! I love Stephen Webber's teaching style.

By Serdar O

Aug 24, 2017

Why 5 stars, Because I believe that,this course will give me some points that I would like to do somethings with my heart. Thanks everyone who worked on this course.

By Breno T P

May 07, 2020

For those that want to stop being idle and start producing, this is the PERFECT start. Really, this is the ultimate goal of this course: to make us start recording.

By Camilo M P

Feb 19, 2019

Excelente curso para iniciarse en el mundo de la producción. Para aprender pequeños detalles que no sabías o para tener una buena base en caso de estar comenzando

By Ayla K

Jan 13, 2018

This is a great introductory course for already-musicians who want a refresher on songwriting basics and tips, and a gentle first push into the production world.

By Félix M

Sep 08, 2016

You really get to learn a lot of useful things in this course! I really gives you a sense of what you wanna do with your creations and who you are as a musician.

By sebastian o

Great course for an overhead view of music production. Helped me think about music differently and really helped to hammer on being intentional with your music.

By Dr. B N (

May 02, 2020

This was an amazing class. I loved the instructor. I enjoyed all the deliverables of the assignments. I think this whole class will make me better at my music.

By Jorge M

Feb 07, 2018

A wonderful course that helps you enlarge your perspective and organize thoughts about how to produce artists and songs. Thank you for sharing such knowledge!

By Militao d M R

Apr 04, 2017

I learned a lot. Very useful information about being a producer, defining the sound signature of an artist and crafting a song. I do recommend this course.

By Michael C

Dec 28, 2016

Excellent course. Great structure and thinking. Even if you know the tools of production it will help you to focus on your desired outcome for each track.

By Robert M

Feb 07, 2018

A good introduction to the non-technical aspects of music production - aimed at helping the artist make sense of their unique voice, and sonic signature.

By Em C

Aug 16, 2020

Learned so much ! Easy to comprehend and I was able to apply what I learned. It has helped me a lot in my approach to songwriting and music production.

By Aleksejs K

Sep 21, 2018

Great experience! I have searched answers on this questions in years! And it was so great to find the answers so complete in this course! Great course!

By Robert A

Nov 27, 2017

AMAZING course. I learned so much valuable information that I have used consistently since learning and will continue to use for the rest of my life.

By Itamar P

Oct 16, 2017

Excellent! This course gave me the basis for thinking differently about music production. New directions, new features, new results. Highly recommend!

By Mayara S P

Apr 27, 2020

Very good and the instructor is great and seems to know a lot about production! I learn easily and took the classes nonstop just because was so fun!

By Victor R

Jul 10, 2020

I really enjoy this course, just I would like if more people review our assignments, but you can learn the principles of the music production here.

By Tina B Z

Jun 13, 2020

Very helpful in learning the high level ideas and concepts of music production. As a beginner with basic musicianship this is what I need. Thanks!

By Alejandra H F ( F

Jul 22, 2018

I loved it, I came from scratch and now I feel that I have what it takes to produce a nice tape, now I want to learn more and be better every day.

By Jakub N

Mar 20, 2018

Amazing course, very good lecturer, effective structure and many useful information for your productions. Thank you, Stephen and the Berklee team!