Back to The Art of Music Production

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Art of Music Production by Berklee College of Music

Explore the art of record production and how to make recordings that other people will love listening to. This course will teach you how to make emotionally moving recordings on almost any recording equipment, including your phone or laptop. The emphasis is on mastering tangible artistic concepts; the gear you use is up to you. You will learn to develop the most important tool in the recording studio: your ears. You will learn to enhance every aspect of your own productions, both sonically and musically, by employing deeper listening skills. Assignments will include posting your own recordings for peer review, and reviewing your classmates’ work by employing specific tools and strategies. If you use a digital audio workstation to record and mix, that’s great, but as long as you can record into your computer and post an MP3, you can complete the assignments. As you learn about the art of record production in this 4-week course, you will also learn about yourself and who you are as an artist and producer. It is not necessary that you read music or play an instrument to take this course....

LR

Sep 26, 2016

Exceptional and essential guide for music producers. This course really makes you think of music production from a holistic perspective. I'll never listen to music the same superficial way anymore...

BD

Aug 22, 2018

Really enjoyed this and got a lot out of it.\n\nGreat curriculum, great delivery. Meaningful assignments, great community. Highly recommend if you want to reflect on and hone your artistic vision.

126 - 150 of 334 Reviews for The Art of Music Production

By Nihan G

Oct 02, 2017

I was so easily coming willing to come and see my friendly instructor again. Thank you for a great basic content.

I love it

By George H

Jun 11, 2017

This was an amazing experience , I learned so many great things in this course, worth every penny.

Thank you mister Webber!

By Amena F

Dec 27, 2016

Really loved this course! Well delivered, right up my street as someone who is starting to get into songwriting seriously.

By Randy B

Jan 29, 2019

Professor takes us to the art and has us partcipate, has us create art - music that's good. Step by step, not a problem.

By Ricardo P O

Mar 05, 2018

Good information, good themes, very inspiring and well organized. The professor has a gift to teach and communicate well.

By Craig S

Aug 03, 2017

Great introduction to music production and how to frame artists and yourself to help people better understand the vision.

By fernando V S

Jan 31, 2017

What a Great Course....Thanks so much Stephen & Berklee....and of course COURSERA!!!!

Always be in debt with you guys!!!!

By Sam S

Nov 01, 2016

Great class on exploring the artistic side of music production. Very helpful for me taking my songs to the next level!

By Ruzilya Y

Oct 20, 2016

very cool courses and mentors. information is short and accurate and nothing is better I ever saw.thank you very much!

By Matthew D

Sep 02, 2017

Wonderful course that turned out to be more challenging than I would have anticipated. Very happy I am participating.

By Ciprian I C

Oct 21, 2019

Very effective. This course is well-thought-out. I recommend it to all musicians who starting out a producer career.

By Justin E

Aug 13, 2017

It's a good and interesting course, and if subtitles can support the language of many countries, that would be great

By Ahmed A

Mar 31, 2020

I enjoyed with this course and I have learned a lot with stephen webber ..

Thanks Berklee , Thanks Stephen Webber

By Samuel F

Feb 28, 2019

Ótimo curso! O Stephen é um ótimo professor,com uma sensibilidade musical extremamente apurada! Recomendo á todos!

By Michael F

Jun 27, 2016

I really enjoyed the content of this course. It has been very helpful in my development as a musical artist.

By Jaison C

Mar 05, 2020

I have a new understanding of a framework for creativity that has already been beneficial to my production.

By Rich H

Oct 24, 2018

Fantastic! Helped me really focus on artist identity and crafting who I want to be as an artist. Thank you!

By Anubhav M

Sep 20, 2017

Very Good and helpful for those who aspire to become a good and perfect Music Producer , Singer-Songwriter.

By alison m

Apr 01, 2020

I found the professor easy to follow and understand. He made the class enjoyable, and I learned a lot!!!

By Naltic C

Mar 17, 2018

It's helpful and essential to my music journey. The fellows are enthusiastic and I enjoy this course!

By Дмитрий М

Sep 07, 2017

Stephen, your experience and attitude really inspire. Thanks a lot. Hope to meet you once in person.

By Douglas M

Fantastic, I learned a lot during the course, Instructor Stephen is one of the best I've ever seen.

By Riccio A L Z

Aug 07, 2016

Me gusto mucho, aprendí una gran cantidad de cosas que me han ayudado en mi desarrollo como músico.

By Josip G

Aug 20, 2018

It was a good and informative course that has taught me a 'thing or two' about music production!

By Amit M

Jun 29, 2018

wonderful course that thought good skills to give feedback, different methods like layering etc