Back to Property and Liability: An Introduction to Law and Economics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Property and Liability: An Introduction to Law and Economics by Wesleyan University

Think about the oldest and most familiar principles of American law, property and proportional liability, in a new and surprising way, and learn to apply economic reasoning to an especially important and interesting aspect of life....

LI
Oct 4, 2020

The Illustrations, references to relevant cases and historical development in property ownership right are excellent. Big thanks to Coursera and PROF. Richard Adelstein OF WSLEYAN UNIVERSITY.

PP

A wonderful interactive approach towards the economics and law aspects of Property and Liability. Much appreciate the efforts of the team that put it in place.

76 - 92 of 92 Reviews for Property and Liability: An Introduction to Law and Economics

By Shah M M

Jul 15, 2020

Good

By Vinoth k J

Jul 10, 2020

good

By Nallagorla S G

Jul 9, 2020

good

By Кустов М Д

Mar 27, 2018

Nice

By Amber K

Mar 8, 2017

I'm

By Yugesh P

Sep 6, 2017

This is a great course to get introduced to thinking about legal problems using economic priniciples. The contents match the course description exactly. The suggested readings are articles written by legal scholars, so they may seem a bit intimidating, but the videos explain the concepts in a lucid manner. My biggest takeaway from this course is a different way of thinking about property. Ask yourself this question: Is a movie ticket your property or the movie theatre owner's? As you will learn, it belongs to both of you at the same time. Enjoy this course.

By Aloke N P

Oct 2, 2015

The Course is well planned and intended to give clarity with regard to the basics of interplay between law and economics. The best part is that anyone taking the course wouldn't feel like taking classes but, listening to a interesting story, in the process we learn key concepts. Prof Richard Adelstein has a delivery style which is simple that it seems like he is making a 8 year old understand it. So any one above eight years can take the class. The class lays down the foundation to our understanding of law and economics.

By Visvesh

Aug 11, 2016

This course has many useful insights for anyone who is inclined to learn and appreciate the link between the law and economics. The lectures are long (often 30min) in duration consisting of mostly audio and mostly text displayed on screen. The screenspace could be better utilized by animations and slides. There is also a lot of material that goes on in the lectures which could have been better incorporated as a mandatory reading (Coase theorem, Supreme Court judgments etc.) followed up by discussion and quizzes.

By Mike O

Oct 8, 2018

The professor is very intelligent on the subject. He's well-spoken and easy to understand. I learned a lot about plea bargaining which I wasn't even aware of before. The course was very interesting. My only critique would be the long multi-answer quiz questions. I would try those questions multiple times and never get them 100% right (always felt like I was just 1 or 2 off).

By Kedar J

Mar 22, 2018

Great introduction to Law and Economics. Enjoyed the discussion! Thanks for putting this together.

I feel the discussion forum should be opened up. Another observation is when taking the tests, the multiple choice questions do not show which ones were the wrong choices and any explanation for the correct choices. This feature will be helpful in absence of the discussion forum.

By Miniapple E

Jan 22, 2016

Good course for beginners who wants to learn property and liability. I wish there could be more exercise between the videos to help us review what we've learned so we can understand better.There could be also a discussion section-like a forum-where people can discuss their misunderstanding. Otherwise this course is great,I learned a lot!

By Jens P G P

Jan 23, 2017

Very good and informative lectures, but the quizzes were not well designed.

By Dr. G R

Aug 17, 2020

excellent

By Siddharh s

Sep 11, 2020

great

By Aikaterini B

Sep 23, 2020

First of all, I have to say that I really enjoyed the course, I learned many things about Law and Economics. Professor Adelstein was an apocalypse to me and he made it easy for me to understand what is this all about. But, at the end of the day, there is no certificate for attending the course and achieving the passing score. How can I prove to my job that I have successfully attended the course? I think it's unfair, because I was studying every night for a month... I believe that you can correct this. 5 stars for Professor no stars for the lack of the certificate. Sorry...