Back to Understanding Prostate Cancer

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Prostate Cancer by Johns Hopkins University

Welcome to Understanding Prostate Cancer. My name is Ken Pienta, Professor of Urology and Oncology at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. I have been studying prostate cancer and treating patients with prostate cancer for over 25 years. Over 1,000,000 men worldwide and 230,000 men in the United States are diagnosed with prostate cancer every year. Three hundred thousand men worldwide and 30,000 men in the US are dying from prostate cancer every year. As people live longer, the incidence of prostate cancer is rising worldwide and prostate cancer continues to be a major health problem. Thanks to years of dedication and commitment to research we’ve made enormous advances in the treatment of prostate cancer, But there is still a lot of work to be done. In this Understanding Prostate Cancer course, I will provide an introduction to the biology of prostate cancer as well as how it is identified and treated at various stages of the disease. I've put together this course in order to introduce you to the essentials of prostate cancer. By the time you finish this course you'll be able to  Define risk factors for prostate cancer  Understand current prostate cancer screening guidelines  Understand prostate cancer staging  Understand treatments for localized prostate cancer  Understand treatments for advanced prostate cancer  Understand treatments to alleviate the symptoms caused by prostate cancer This Understanding Prostate Cancer Course should be helpful to anyone who wants to develop a deeper understanding of prostate cancer biology and treatment. It should be useful to students who are interested in a deeper understanding of the science of cancer. It should also be helpful to health care providers, data managers, and educators who wish to develop a better understanding of prostate cancer and how it affects individuals. The course is not designed for patients seeking treatment guidance. For those of you who might be thinking about a career in cancer research or patient care, I hope this course will inspire you to pursue that path! The course is divided into five modules organized to facilitate learning. I'm glad that you decided to join this course. I hope that you will develop a basic understanding of prostate cancer. I hope that it will help you in whatever field you work. If you are a student, I hope that what you learn here will help you begin a career in cancer biology research and contribute to the worldwide effort to save lives....

LK
May 14, 2018

A good course. The short video format with plenty of review questions is very helpful. More review questions, trickier review questions, and good glossaries might help make the course even better.

SA

A great course, it help me to get a better understanding of prostate cancer. a very simple yet very efficient explanation about everything. i was new to the topic so i got a very good knowledge.

26 - 50 of 121 Reviews for Understanding Prostate Cancer

By Md M I

Apr 11, 2020

It was my first and great experience. i now target roe working on prostate cancer. this videos actually made the complex topics easier. thanks the authority for making it easy for me.

By Dr.Mohan P

Jul 3, 2020

Let me thank first Dr. Kennethh J. Pienta who has explained in avery effective manner. I have learnt rather revised my knowledge in Prostate cance and its management in details.

By Jeannie R

Dec 26, 2019

This is a comprehensive course that covers risk factors, diagnosis, treatment, and management of prostate cancer. It covers advanced treatments for Metastatic cancer as well.

By 曾梓瑋

Nov 25, 2019

very helpful and informative course. It helps me to have a general concept of prostate cancer and thus this will help me a lot in my future cancer studying and researching.

By ِِAli M

Nov 8, 2017

Great Work, I recommend it for anyone who is non-physician that will study or research on the prostate cancer. it is simplifying many clinical facts about prostate cancer.

By GIORGIA R

Aug 3, 2020

Complete and well organized course. In just three weeks it develops various topics related to prostate cancer in a clear and simple way. I consider myself satisfied.

By Sevban D E

Jun 27, 2021

In general the course is very useful. I had to chance to learn many things about prostate cancer. I think more information about PSA, PSMA, etc. is needed.

By Renelus P M

Mar 5, 2019

This course was very informative. I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in health care issues.

Thank you very much for offering this class!

By MUHAMMAD Z A F

Jul 29, 2021

It's an amazing helpful concept-clearing course. I highly recommended for biology related fields. Enjoy the learning with a brilliant team.

By NOREEN M C

Sep 23, 2020

This is a very informative course. I learned a lot regarding the different treatments and side effects regarding prostate cancer.

By N. F

Aug 5, 2020

I love all the courses done by Dr. Penieta. Many thanks for this amazing and very informative course. Keep up the great work.

By Mildreth J A R

Feb 27, 2021

Excelente curso, didáctico, abarca varios temas que orientan en el adecuado abordaje de un paciente con cáncer de próstata.

By Sophia G

Jul 3, 2017

I LOVE THIS COURSE WAS WELL INFORMATIVE AND I LEARNT ALOT THANKS TO THE PROFESSOR WHO WAS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE IN HIS

By Amirreza M

Oct 29, 2021

Important and key points in a short period of time and in an organized fashion. Good job Dr Kenneth J. Pienta.

By ASRAR A M

May 14, 2020

This topic/ course was really amazing,i gained a lot of information about prostate cancer.

Thanks to coursera.

By Gerda S

Jun 5, 2018

It is very advisable to take all 3 courses of Prof. Pienta. It is very good to understand and helpful if you

By JOHN Q

Jun 4, 2017

Interesting and vital info as I've recounted endured prostate cancer surgery and am currently recovering.

By Pablo A L

Jun 8, 2020

Muy buen curso, ayuda a comprender de manera sencilla los aspectos básicos del cáncer de próstata.

By Dominique H

This course is incredible, the explanation is perfect, you can understand everything a proper way.

By Julian A G R

May 17, 2018

I HAVE NEVER TRIED A ONLINE-COURSE BEFORE AND I THINK IT IS A GREAT TOOL TO BE BETTER AND UPDATED.

By Cynthia M

Nov 17, 2017

Excellent course - the content and presentation are tops! Thank you for offering this course.

By Shipra S

Very informative for beginner knowledge which covers most of essentials concepts and content.

By Helga A I H

Aug 1, 2021

s​i bien esta un poco desactualizado cumple con enseñar lo basico del cancer de prostata

By Pratyush A

Sep 15, 2021

Pls include some of the symptoms of various types of cancers in your specialization.

By ksr K

Jul 14, 2020

This course is just Awesome. Loved the way the instructor delivered the content.