Back to Using Databases with Python

Using Databases with Python, University of Michigan

About this Course

This course will introduce students to the basics of the Structured Query Language (SQL) as well as basic database design for storing data as part of a multi-step data gathering, analysis, and processing effort. The course will use SQLite3 as its database. We will also build web crawlers and multi-step data gathering and visualization processes. We will use the D3.js library to do basic data visualization. This course will cover Chapters 14-15 of the book “Python for Everybody”. To succeed in this course, you should be familiar with the material covered in Chapters 1-13 of the textbook and the first three courses in this specialization. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
Top rated instructor
(176 Reviews)
High quality course material
(143 Reviews)

By MM

Mar 13, 2018

The course is great... You can definitely learn many things... Was kind of hard for me and i went many times back and forth through most of the lectures... However i think i learn many new things....

By JG

Jun 17, 2016

This course was great! I enjoyed parsing different types of data: from documents and the web. This course is definitely (rudimentary) a must take course for anyone who wants to go into data science.

1,780 Reviews

By Shalimov Sergei

Apr 17, 2019

Great and useful course! I recommend!!!

By Esteban Garcia

Apr 17, 2019

Awesome course and great instructor.

By Tahsinul Abedin

Apr 17, 2019

Very interesting but a lot of the code is unexplained and assumes we will understand it.

By Jorge Alfonso

r

s

By Weijian Xu

Apr 16, 2019

Of course worth to attend this fantastic course!

you can learn many basic but essential orders and codes in a quite comprehensive way from Dr. churk and it is really funny!!

By Carlos Junior Barros Amador

Apr 15, 2019

A rewarding experience because I have been able to learn very valuable information. It is an excellent course. It has helped me in the personal and professional field. Thank you.

By John Stone

Apr 15, 2019

Great course for beginners like me. Was helpful to have the practical exercises combining pulling web data, creating and then using databases

By GYAN PRATAP SINGH

Apr 11, 2019

Good course.

By Shivam Prakash

Apr 10, 2019

An once again awesome tutorial by Dr. Chuck. So fulfilling and perfect course in itself!

By GUEYE Mouhamadou

Apr 10, 2019

I am so glad to part of this specialization Dr. Chuck, Thanks to this specialization, I've learned a lot about programming in Python. In this course, We have learned how to design model a database, how to use python to clean raw data and store the cleaned data into a relational database, how to query data with SQL and so on.