Back to Applied Machine Learning in Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Machine Learning in Python by University of Michigan

This course will introduce the learner to applied machine learning, focusing more on the techniques and methods than on the statistics behind these methods. The course will start with a discussion of how machine learning is different than descriptive statistics, and introduce the scikit learn toolkit through a tutorial. The issue of dimensionality of data will be discussed, and the task of clustering data, as well as evaluating those clusters, will be tackled. Supervised approaches for creating predictive models will be described, and learners will be able to apply the scikit learn predictive modelling methods while understanding process issues related to data generalizability (e.g. cross validation, overfitting). The course will end with a look at more advanced techniques, such as building ensembles, and practical limitations of predictive models. By the end of this course, students will be able to identify the difference between a supervised (classification) and unsupervised (clustering) technique, identify which technique they need to apply for a particular dataset and need, engineer features to meet that need, and write python code to carry out an analysis. This course should be taken after Introduction to Data Science in Python and Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python and before Applied Text Mining in Python and Applied Social Analysis in Python....

FL

Oct 14, 2017

Very well structured course, and very interesting too! Has made me want to pursue a career in machine learning. I originally just wanted to learn to program, without true goal, now I have one thanks!!

OA

Sep 09, 2017

This course is ideally designed for understanding, which tools you can use to do machine learning tasks in python. However, for deep understanding ML algorithms you should take more math based courses

251 - 275 of 1,190 Reviews for Applied Machine Learning in Python

By Steffen H

Nov 13, 2018

Liked the course! At times a bit challenging but the discussion forums are helpful. Gave me a good overview of the topic, but I feel I have just scratched the surface!

By Leandro B

Jun 14, 2020

Well designed course. The last assignment really makes you review every lesson learned in previous modules. I recommend this course for intermediate python developers

By GANG L

Nov 04, 2017

It's very hard to teach ML in such short course. But this course did very well, focus on how to use sci-kit classifier from clean data to select model. Very practice.

By Qiaochu S

Mar 11, 2019

This course has been really helpful to me! All the contents we need to grasp each week were well-designed and the assignments are easy, interesting and enlightening.

By Giuliano G

Oct 29, 2017

The course is overwhelmingly interesting and provides readily available tools. The teaching assistants and professor are all extremely helpful. Absolutely suggested!

By James S

Feb 21, 2019

Very excellent course. Well done explanations even if there is some language confusion. Taking the time to really understand the concepts makes all the difference.

By Pieter J V V V

Feb 13, 2019

Inspirational course, learning you in a comprehensive manner, a thorough approach to machine learning with the target specific peculiarities and possible pitfalls.

By Vladimir

Sep 27, 2017

A course that gives not only solid understanding of Machine Learning, but provides with skills to actually practice it on real world datasets. Highly recommended.

By Jeroen v L

Jul 24, 2017

I like how the many different ML algorithms are explained in such a high-level. This is a good anti-dote to more theoretical courses. Best MOOC I have done so far.

By Obed I R

Jul 20, 2017

Fantastic, and challenging course, a must and recommended. For those who are interested in Machine Learning and have experience with Pandas and Python programming.

By Kevin

Aug 29, 2020

Great course, with clear explanations. It is a great introductory course. As the name implied, this is for applying the tools needed for Machine Learning practice

By Karen Y

Jul 30, 2017

A very good course that I would recommend for others to take. It covers quite a bit of material but it is still worth it. Very satisfied with what I learned.

By Eduard M

Jul 05, 2017

The evaluation is sometimes problematic, otherwise is very good. I had a problem with matplotlib which was just imported and nowhere was written to remove it.

By Baran T

Aug 06, 2017

really great course, using online jupyter notebook is a great way to increase hands on experience. auto-grader needs some improvements but not a huge problem

By Hafiz M S Z

Jan 29, 2020

I learn many new things which I have not learn in my university.The best quality courses encourage me to learn and explore more in deep Machine learning.

By Ji W P

Jul 23, 2017

excellent course. Lectures were good, not too heavy on theory, and assignments were challenging but doable. I liked assignments much better than the quizzes

By Jose S

Jun 16, 2017

Great course. The material is well thought, the assignments are excellent. I learned a lot and I am already leveraging what I learned in the course at work.

By Ramazan A

Jul 16, 2020

Perfect course! No math, only applications, definitely I will use it later in my studies since course provides many useful examples / explanations / codes.

By Krishna D

Dec 09, 2017

Excellent Course. Well presented and good organized python notebooks, quiz and assignments.

Enjoyed the project very much.

Looking forward for future classes

By Harry A

Feb 15, 2020

An ideal platform to start your discovery and exploration of the world of Machine Learning. A programming knowledge, however, is a necessary prerequisite.

By Gabriella J

Jan 27, 2018

Great course, very useful, with a very practical approach.

I suggest to everyone, working on datascience and that needs to familiarize with Python language

By Dontham S R

Jun 30, 2020

It is a good course that teaches how to apply machine learning models. I learnt basics from Machine Learning by Andrew Ng and learned to apply them here.

By 李向杰

Sep 19, 2018

quite good, through this course I have gained knowledge and basic concept of machine learning and how to use python to run these machine learning models.

By Rishabh R

Jun 18, 2020

It is a really an awesome hands on short course. This course and the assignments mainly focuses on efficient and smart way of python programming for ML.

By Lakshman

Great course which concentrates on practical application of where algorithms can be applied, also taking into consideration on how each algorithm works.