Back to Qualitative Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Qualitative Research Methods by University of Amsterdam

In this course you will be introduced to the basic ideas behind the qualitative research in social science. You will learn about data collection, description, analysis and interpretation in qualitative research. Qualitative research often involves an iterative process. We will focus on the ingredients required for this process: data collection and analysis. You won't learn how to use qualitative methods by just watching video's, so we put much stress on collecting data through observation and interviewing and on analysing and interpreting the collected data in other assignments. Obviously, the most important concepts in qualitative research will be discussed, just as we will discuss quality criteria, good practices, ethics, writing some methods of analysis, and mixing methods. We hope to take away some prejudice, and enthuse many students for qualitative research....

KF

Dec 21, 2018

I found this a very useful way of getting a basic introduction to qualitative research methods, without just sitting down with some text books. The content was engaging and at the right level for me.

AW

Aug 31, 2019

Really enjoyed this course. The lectures were engaging, the assignments applicable. I really enjoyed being able to review other classmates' assignments from around the world. Very cool concept.

51 - 75 of 189 Reviews for Qualitative Research Methods

By Sophie S

Oct 18, 2017

Great teacher! He has boundless energy and enthusiasm. Because of this enthusiasm, learning is almost effortless. I would certainly recommend the course to others.

By Ibrahim N

Jun 13, 2017

I never had such kind of amazing online course experience before. The main reason is the mentor - Gerben Moerman. He was very dynamic and extraordinary. He really taught in the active and interesting way.

By Ilina I

Feb 15, 2016

This course is challenging and exciting. I liked the creative approach of the team, including graphic design and illustration work. The tasks are stimulating and very interactive. I could feel or at least imagine the spirit of the real qualitative research process. The theoretical and practical knowledge from the course was very useful for writing my master's thesis. Thank you!

By 刘佳

Oct 29, 2015

I hope it will be helpful

By Linda.Zh

Aug 29, 2017

It is a fantastic course. It deepens my understanding of qualitative research methods and prepares me with basic skills in doing qualitative research. It is perfect for beginners. The lecturer Dr Moerman is very passionate, logic and funny in these lectures. It has been a very enjoyable learning experience.

By Jennifer S

Oct 27, 2016

Great introductory course, with interesting, practical assignments and a very engaging lecturer. I recommend it for those at undergraduate/early stages of post-graduate studies who want to get a leg up in qualitative research methods.

By Maud C

Aug 28, 2017

I found this course really lively and interesting. It provides good basis for further research works in sociology.

By margriet k n

Mar 11, 2018

Excellente course for a basic insight!

By Saim B K

Jan 13, 2017

Really good course. Gerben Moerman is really good instructor and also I'd never bored while watching his videos.

By Kate W

Mar 03, 2016

The lecture videos are interesting, engaging, and informative, and the assignments are so much fun to complete!

By Dmitry T

Apr 19, 2016

The lector is just amazingly incredible!!!

By Juan D d C R

Jul 30, 2017

Excellent in all ways! I enjoyed a lot doing field work and analyzing results from all over the world

By Jacqueline G

Jan 31, 2017

This course is so well done! The classes are taught with enthusiasm and the material covered is very interesting and valuable. Loved this class!

By ryuichi O

Aug 11, 2017

Excellent course! I have got a comprehensive framework of qualitative study, which can lead to more detail learning!

By LUBNA R

Aug 18, 2017

V

By Solomon A

Oct 05, 2017

Great course. very practical and interesting.

By Dr. S H

Nov 01, 2017

Excellent Course. Very interactive. Faculty is excellent. Keeps the learner engaged for 8 weeks!!!

By Nicole B

May 14, 2018

I learned a lot and will probably continue with the other courses on qualitative research from this series. :)

By sajal n

May 27, 2017

I owe a lot to the instructors. I couldn't have got a better introduction to the subject. I use this knowledge everyday. I wish, someday I could meet the instructors and personally thank them for crating such beautiful course. I Wish them all the best!

By Helen S

Apr 17, 2016

I found this course to be excellent. I really enjoyed the content and learned so very much.

My only criticism is not of the course content but simply the nature of the course. I am currently working full time and doing a Masters degree part time, and I did this on top of that, so I found the work load to be exceptionally heavy. Not a problem for someone who isn't working though.

Superb course - thank you.

By Emmanuel C

Apr 21, 2018

Really enjoyed the Course and the lecture really made it very interesting.

By Aigli R

Mar 21, 2018

Very informative course, very engaging videos and assignments that might come along as time consuming but that they really help you to grasp each concept/ tehcnique discussed. Highly recommended for people interested in research methods (not only qualitative) in social sciences.

By Rodrigo R F

Jan 02, 2018

Great course. Very important to understand basic concepts on qualitative research!

By Kelly O

May 29, 2017

Great course with a solid introduction to qualitative research methods. Loved the enthusiasm in the videos and the assignments were practical and great practice to use the methods taught.

By Meliha F A

Dec 22, 2016

Thank you so much for this wonderful lecture! For the first time, I enjoyed a research method course! I learned more than a lot! I look forward to see more lectures! Thank you, thank you!!