Back to Qualitative Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Qualitative Research Methods by University of Amsterdam

In this course you will be introduced to the basic ideas behind the qualitative research in social science. You will learn about data collection, description, analysis and interpretation in qualitative research. Qualitative research often involves an iterative process. We will focus on the ingredients required for this process: data collection and analysis. You won't learn how to use qualitative methods by just watching video's, so we put much stress on collecting data through observation and interviewing and on analysing and interpreting the collected data in other assignments. Obviously, the most important concepts in qualitative research will be discussed, just as we will discuss quality criteria, good practices, ethics, writing some methods of analysis, and mixing methods. We hope to take away some prejudice, and enthuse many students for qualitative research....

KF
Dec 20, 2018

I found this a very useful way of getting a basic introduction to qualitative research methods, without just sitting down with some text books. The content was engaging and at the right level for me.

HU
Aug 8, 2020

Best course on Qualitative Research.Improved knowledge about the concepts and its application in different steps of research.Thanks to Dr.Gerben Moerman for his matchless delivering of concepts.

101 - 125 of 375 Reviews for Qualitative Research Methods

By Karen B

Aug 10, 2016

Excellent introduction to qualitative research methods. Loved the lecturers enthusiastic style and quirky sense of humour. Very engaging.

Assessments were practical and supported the course material.

By Vijesh K

Nov 10, 2020

An interesting take on qualitative methodology. The exams are some-what tough, compared to many other coursera courses. The teacher is very enthusiastic and has a clear idea about his topic.

By Meliha F A

Dec 22, 2016

Thank you so much for this wonderful lecture! For the first time, I enjoyed a research method course! I learned more than a lot! I look forward to see more lectures! Thank you, thank you!!

By Paolo M P B

Jul 12, 2020

This course was particularly enjoyable. I learned quite a lot, especially on the concepts about ontology and epistemology. I found the discussion on the methods and analysis quite useful.

By Ivan J S L

Apr 7, 2020

I thought I have a pretty good background in qualitative research, but I was challenged more after I took this course, cause there is just a lot to go through! Recommending this course.

By Isaac O O

Feb 15, 2020

I knew a tiny fragment of qualitative research before I started this course but this course has imparted a lot of knowledge in me. I think I can now make a good qualitative writing.

By Dr. S C J

Oct 9, 2020

This course has provided me a insightful knowledge about qualitative research methodology. I have learned useful techniques and understood the concept of qualitative research.

By Stephen O

Sep 16, 2019

Genuinely engaging and challenging. The more I engaged, the more I made sense of the challenge. I finish with a new set of useful skills to take forward in work and life.

By Joseph

Feb 8, 2021

I really liked the course. Was very entertained but, above all, gave me a good insight into qual methods. Good and helpful bibliographical indications. Thanks Gerben.

By Jamila H

Apr 21, 2021

Prof. Moerman is a great lecturer - highly engaging and knows how to explain complicated material in a simple way. I really enjoyed and got a lot out of this course!

By Sophie S

Oct 18, 2017

Great teacher! He has boundless energy and enthusiasm. Because of this enthusiasm, learning is almost effortless. I would certainly recommend the course to others.

By Chloe S

Apr 28, 2021

Thank-you for making this course, I enjoyed learning through it, although I found reviewing 5 peers assignments extensively on week 4 quite a lot and repetitive!

By Jackson G d S

Oct 4, 2020

O curso aborda aspectos essenciais da pesquisa qualitativa. A abordagem é simples e prática, por isso possibilita a aprendizagem dos principais conceitos.

By Gholamreza S T

Mar 28, 2016

The content and material were really good, interesting and challenging. I wanted to thank you very much for this really great introductory course.

By Aditya S

Apr 25, 2021

Great Course for Learning Qualitative Research Methods. Well designed and delivered in an immersive manner. The assignments were quite thorough.

By Cleopatra N P

Aug 28, 2020

Thank you so much for putting together this course. I have learnt a lot. I enjoyed the enthusiasm of lectures. I am encouraged to study further.

By Jacqueline G

Jan 31, 2017

This course is so well done! The classes are taught with enthusiasm and the material covered is very interesting and valuable. Loved this class!

By Asha A P

Aug 26, 2020

Excellent course as an introduction to qualitative research methods. The teaching is also very energetic and lively and keeps your attention.

By Gerardo P

Aug 29, 2016

The course looks very interesting. The professor is very knowledgeable about the subject, so that makes learning it much easier. Thank you!

By Peter H

Jul 31, 2020

A very comprehensive course, new knowledge besides interview-techniques studied. Like analytical induction, grounded theory. Very helpful.

By Partha B

Dec 24, 2020

The lectures are very useful and the assignments are a real taste of your knowledge gained from the weekly lectures. A great experience.

By Giorgia A

Jan 30, 2018

I've never seen a more passionate teacher than this. So refreshing and engaging! He was definitely born to do this and influence others.

By Maruja v O

Dec 28, 2020

Clear descriptions, assignments were fine, very enthousiastic teacher. I would definitely recommend this course, you will learn a lot!

By Dr. S T A P D o P K

Dec 16, 2020

A Wonderful learning experience. Looking forward to incorporate all that I have learnt here into my future research based endeavors

By dexter

Jul 21, 2016

Very well explained. The guy in the video jumps and make it harder to be distracted. Nice. I hope to see more courses from you.