Back to Quantitative Methods

By LG

Jan 05, 2018

By AL

May 08, 2018

It is well-structured and informative. The pop up questions are interactive and the animation is fun. I have learned a lot from the video instruction, recommended readings, and assignments. Thanks.

309 Reviews

By Daniel Boston

Jan 06, 2019

The course was fun and the information was well presented and quantitatively ( :) ) absolutely manageable, even for people with full time jobs and other responsibilities. I'm looking forward to course number 2 of the module.

By Ana Carolina de Oliveira Nunes Pereira

Jan 05, 2019

Great course!!

By Ana Sofia Hofmeyr

Jan 02, 2019

I found this course extremely useful in explaining the basic concepts that lead to a strong quantitative methods design. I am hoping to use mixed methods on my PhD research, and I feel that this course has given me a solid foundation through which I can design my quantitative method of data collection.

By Victor Houghton

Dec 16, 2018

Exceptionally good introduction for me: I have some experience of this discipline, gained "on the job"; this course was successful in putting my limited knowledge in context, and in teaching me much more.

By Toshan Majumdar

Nov 19, 2018

Good introduction to statistics and social science.

By Anurag Shukla

Nov 10, 2018

Great content! Really liked the clarity with which this course has been designed. Looking forward to a great learning experience.

By Rebecca Taylor

Nov 09, 2018

The lectures can be a little bit dry. However, I really appreciate how very well organized the lectures and the other course content is. It made it very easy to understand the content, and study for the tests. I also learned a lot of really useful basics for conducting better research.

By Arman Badiei Khorsand

Oct 31, 2018

Great course for learning how to design and evaluate quantitaive studies in social science. Highly recommend it to anyone whose university curriculum does not include anything beyond statistical methods when it comes to teaching research methods (I'm talking to economics students like myself).

By Margarita Navarro

Oct 18, 2018

Es un excelente curso, además Coursera me propició el apoyo financiero dos veces. Me ha ayudado mucho y tengo muchas ganas de continuar con la especialización. La docente fue excelente y el contenido estuvo muy bien organizado.

By Yasar Mehmood

Oct 12, 2018

Excellent course. It provides beginners with the working knowledge on how to conduct quantitative research. However, the high passing criteria on weekly quizzes and final exam was frustrating at times. I suggest to ask the participants to develop a product by applying the concepts they have learnt during each week and evaluate (and pass) participants on the basis of this product. Moreover, I missed expert feedback. Although peer evaluation and feedback is very good but it should be augmented by expert feedback (ideally someone from the course staff should also give feedback).