Back to Quantitative Methods

LG

Jan 05, 2018

AL

May 08, 2018

It is well-structured and informative. The pop up questions are interactive and the animation is fun. I have learned a lot from the video instruction, recommended readings, and assignments. Thanks.

226 - 250 of 365 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

By Ivelize R B

Oct 04, 2015

I am learning a lot about how I can evoluate a research and how I can clean my experiments in order to achieve the best results

By Kustcher, N

Mar 18, 2018

Excellent course, beginner level but enlightening on so many levels. Thank you for everything!

By Caitlin T

Aug 11, 2016

Excellent review of important terms and concepts. Used it to get ready to run a huge quasi-experimental project.

By Stefan S K

Apr 01, 2016

There is nothing that i would have like to change about the course. Brilliant work! My sincere thanks to the whole UVA team for this specialization

By Petra E C

Oct 09, 2015

Excellent course. Instructive, informative and useful, with the best instructor I have ever had. Best course, by far.

By Maria L

Sep 27, 2016

Great course with great content!! I learnt a lot! But it takes much more time than 4-5h a week as is stated at course info.

By Ilina I

Feb 07, 2016

An excellent course! Quantitative methods are very well explained, starting from philosophical roots. I liked a lot the challenging tasks and peer review principal. By checking my peers' work I was able to learn several times more than from just going through the videos and completing my own work. I enjoyed the whole design of the course, including the professional illustrations and graphic design work. Great thanks to the whole team!

By Claudia P

Dec 19, 2016

Very challenging, but so much awesome knowledge.

By hansoh

Nov 04, 2015

I like how the videos were short (about 5 min. each) and carefully scripted. The illustrations/drawings were also very helpful.

By Marius P

Dec 29, 2015

I was extremely impressed by this course, its pedagogy, its depth and breadth, the clarity of the lectures, the quality of the material. Well done to all involved. I have signed up for the entire specialization and hope that the rest matches up to this.

By Yana B

Feb 08, 2016

great teaching on the subject!

By Mb F

Nov 08, 2016

Great course with serious application of the learned material.

By Galina K

Nov 07, 2015

Extremely useful and interesting

By 刚刚

Sep 12, 2015

I like the slides, because they are really interesting!

By Artem B

Dec 27, 2015

Clear and concise explanation of very important, even essential, for researcher, things. Warm thank you for creating the course.

By Norvie T J

Feb 04, 2017

Stellar!

By Andreas Z

Nov 08, 2017

I discovered this course by chance after having done UvAs excellent statistics courses, in which I enrolled for refreshing my memory. Being a physicist by education (got my Master degree in the 1990s) many concepts of this course were familiar but new at the same time. The material presented is probably mandatory for students of the social sciences but not less relevant for any practitioner with a math/engineering/natural sciences background. Thank you very much for keeping me busy on all those wonderful evenings!

By Mark C

Feb 15, 2016

What can I say? Although it was a tough course but sometimes things were tough, it felt so incredibly fruitful each week. I think the main reason was because even though there were so many quizzes and the assignments which required so much time, they were carefully crafted in a way which helped build my abilities in a progressive manner. There was definitely a close alignment between instruction (video) and the assessments (quizzes/exams). You'll never be asked questions you weren't prepared to answer because of the aforesaid alignment.

As I also work in a department which dabbles in educational research, I found the concepts thought in this course directly applicable to what's done in practice. Because the concepts were communicated so clearly, I could readily see examples of them in my everyday work!

By Thomas G S

Mar 15, 2016

An excellent course that really does provide you a challenge. Some of the courses I have done on different MOOCs were rather too easy, but this one did push me a lot. It informs you in a clear, but detailed manner. It is necessary to do extra reading and to review videos and notes in order to complete assignments. Best course yet

By Raúl A A R

Jun 14, 2016

Challenging but really fun course. I've learned a lot that will be helpfull for the search of a master's degree.

By Ina J

Dec 16, 2015

Fun course, great learning! Impressive and highly recommendable!

By David T

Dec 16, 2015

Excellent learning experience.

By Fatih M

Feb 14, 2016

Excellent introduction to quantitative Methods!

By Matija K