Back to Quantitative Methods

LG
Jan 4, 2018

AL
May 7, 2018

It is well-structured and informative. The pop up questions are interactive and the animation is fun. I have learned a lot from the video instruction, recommended readings, and assignments. Thanks.

176 - 200 of 635 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

By Camilo E T P

Jun 28, 2020

It is a very complete and a very challenging course. The lectures are very useful and you really need to understand the concepts in order to complete all the assessments.

By Cameron

Jul 27, 2019

Excellent course which is really helping me with my research (Sociolinguistics). The handouts can be downloaded and kept as useful, synthetic revision notes. Thank you !!

By Daniel O

Jul 2, 2017

I am in my second year of teaching high school students about research and this course is essential in establishing a foundational knowledge of how good research is done.

By Zoraida E C E

Aug 21, 2020

It could be basic for those previously exposed to qualitative methods or statistics, but it offer a very good immersion in philosophy of science and scientific analysis.

By Karen N

Jan 18, 2021

I was very practical however it demands a lot of extra self-education because quizzes, written projects much times ask you for more things that you find in the videos.

By BIRTAN D

Oct 1, 2019

A well-developed and clear-explained course for future researchers. I've learned precious knowledge in this course, Many thanks to the Professor and all of the team.

By AS102

Jul 20, 2020

I learned so many details about quantitative research, and I feel more confident and ready start working with conducting empirical research and correlation studies.

By Raffy S C

Jul 15, 2020

The course is great and the lessons are very comprehensive. The assessments are very challenging and tests what you have learned in the course. Highly recommended.

By Yatsukhno S P

Aug 4, 2019

Hello! I study social anthropology and sociology, and this course contains a lot of new and useful infromation for me, although my majority is gualitative methods.

By Juan D d C R

Jul 31, 2017

As an ecologist, it was a great first experience on social sciences. Explanations, fieldwork, interaction with students were magnific! A highly recommended course!

By Zhang Z

Nov 6, 2020

I love the part of the ending of unit, I could review what I've learned through the whole week. The execellent works of other students did provide me inspiration.

By IN

Oct 25, 2020

Great, comprehensive introductory course. The material is sufficiently challenging. The assignments were thought-provoking and complemented the learning process.

By shizhen ( J

Mar 16, 2020

I do love this course! It not only tells you basic knowledge about quantitative methods in social science but also teaches you how to apply in your own research!

By Peter H

Aug 16, 2020

The quite detailed explanation of the major concepts in the Quantitative method.

The quiz and assignment are useful for understanding and remember the materials.

By Nelson A R A

Mar 29, 2018

Absolutely well presented, relevant, and concise. The interviews were really interesting and really expand and clarrfy some issues related to the vdeo lectures.

By Matthias O

Jul 23, 2017

Nicely designed course. Peer review system is good. I learned good amount of knowledge about research methodology which I could not fully get in the university.

By J H

Oct 27, 2015

I was very impressed with the perspective the course took. I had not seen the topic covered from the point of view of the harm to society poor methodology had.

By Paolina S

Oct 15, 2015

Gradually going deeper in the subject. Easily understandable, clear explanations, simple examples, well done illustrative videos. Up to date problems discussed.

By Vinay S

Mar 31, 2020

A really well thought-out course, informative videos, intriguing examples and challenging quizzes. Enjoyed learning every bit of it. Kudos to the entire team!

By Alexander K

Feb 17, 2019

Great course to enhance understating of what underpins social science, research methods and potential threats that a study can be exposed to. Recommended!

By Kaiwen B

Dec 27, 2019

This course is able to help me have a much better understanding of research methods. As a result, I am able to understand papers at a much deeper level.

By Elena G

Jul 9, 2020

Peer-grade assignment was not useful and sometimes quite disappointing. Thanks for providing video with an explanation about the exam, it helped a lot.

By Ibrahima D

Nov 10, 2019

I enjoyed learning in this course. The explanations were clear and the teachers show great efforts in making the material easily accessible.

Thank you!

By priyam v

Nov 19, 2017

It was an exciting experience to be the part of this. It enhanced my way of understanding the concepts, with excellent examples and practical learning.

By Stefan S K

Apr 1, 2016

There is nothing that i would have like to change about the course. Brilliant work! My sincere thanks to the whole UVA team for this specialization