Back to Quantitative Methods

LG

Jan 05, 2018

AL

May 08, 2018

It is well-structured and informative. The pop up questions are interactive and the animation is fun. I have learned a lot from the video instruction, recommended readings, and assignments. Thanks.

51 - 75 of 366 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

By Linda M C

Jun 10, 2017

I learned a great deal from this course - the professor is clear, well organized, and thorough. I would have appreciated an additional session early on about how to review a research article--especially looking at many of the elements that were requested in the assignments--to help students feel more prepared to actually perform the assignments. Being asked to review research articles toward the beginning of the course (lesson 3) felt a bit like being thrown into the deep end before learning to swim. Personally, I instantly felt "out of my depth" and seriously questioned whether I "belonged" in the course or should drop out. But I am glad that I did continue, and hope that others will too, as it is a well-taught, valuable course. Thank you for presenting it.

By Daniel O

Jul 02, 2017

I am in my second year of teaching high school students about research and this course is essential in establishing a foundational knowledge of how good research is done.

By Aroldo L D S B

Mar 17, 2018

It was an exceptional experience with University of Amsterdam, since this course is very well organized and the quality of teaching as well. I will attend the other 4 courses.

By Md S H

Jun 10, 2018

Its a great course what they have designed for us. I loved and enjoyed that a lot. It helped to learn new things indeed.

By Aditya M B

Jun 05, 2016

Very well planned and had enough information. I sincerely admire the discipline you tried to bring to the learner.

By Syed L

Dec 18, 2017

Quite a nice refresher. Must do for all the researchers.

By 刘又一

Jan 20, 2016

If you are a senior FBI, choose it. If you are a high-profile CIA, choose it. AHa. I am kidding, even, it's 100% true. However, if you are a social scientist, or if you are just one who is interested in it, choose it.

By Christel P

Sep 02, 2015

Clear video's with good examples. Good structure.

By ERIK S

Dec 09, 2015

Excellent course!!!

Very well explained, clear examples, good and rich content

This is a MUST DO one!!!

By Heater B

Oct 26, 2015

The first time I actually finished a coursera course! The course creators have obviously put a lot of time and effort into creating this course. The lectures extremely well done, the material and assignments are challenging but not impossible and the material is presented in such a way that even qualitative researchers like myself (no know for their passion for quantitative research) can get excited about the material!

By Abdirahman M

Aug 23, 2017

This is wonderful course

By Anna T

Oct 25, 2015

Excellent quality of videos and tasks.

By 赵秀艳

Oct 08, 2015

I learned much more in this course than other courses about quantitative methods. It is clear and useful and inspiring. The quizzes are very good, because they are not only about konwledge,but also about whether you can apply the knowledge. And the interviews are very good too, which give us more information in different subjiects, or from different perspectives. But I feel the speaker's speaking speed is a little fast, and I hope that there will be exercise or quizzes in which we are given situation,and asked to come up with RQ, methods, analysis, etc.

By Stephanie S

Feb 22, 2016

This course is excellent! I found the content of very high quality, the lecture videos are very clear and easy to understand. What I find remarkable however, is the quality of the exams and assignments! The staff have put in a lot of effort in creating questions and assignments which really test your understanding and knowledge with a clever marking system which always works out to give you a fair mark even when the assignments are peer reviewed. Well done to Anne-Marie and the other staff who put together this course :)

By Mohamed F

Feb 12, 2017

It requires commitments. But is a must for any researcher or a data scientist.

By Sanja S

Nov 29, 2016

Great introduction into methodology and statistics in social sciences

By Bindu B

Jan 07, 2018

All concepts have been presented very clearly with adequate examples.

By Kate G

Aug 12, 2017

The videos were very well done. I also really liked the exercises they were challenging and very relevant. I highly recommend.

By Jesus H

Feb 12, 2017

Un curso de excelente calidad! Altamente recomendado!

By Jonathan

Nov 09, 2015

valuable for future social scientists.

By WEN J

Apr 24, 2016

非常赞的研究方法课程。最大的优点是可以把所有的英文稿件下载下来,这样即使英文不是太好的同学可以看完视频再多看几遍稿件,就能很好地掌握,而且这个课程还有中文字幕。

By Hamza G

Nov 22, 2015

Simple and inspired me to take another course from Coursera !

By Matthias O

Jul 23, 2017

Nicely designed course. Peer review system is good. I learned good amount of knowledge about research methodology which I could not fully get in the university.

By Ingo V

May 06, 2016

Very well done: a lot of effort put into this course, and it pays off.

By Ibrahim N

May 23, 2017

This course actually was a revolutionary one for me. By the help of "Quantitative Methods" now I have some ideas how to star my Ph.D. research in the upcoming year. The format was perfect and pretty straightforward. Annemarie Zand Scholten is just perfectly explaining the basic ideas of the quantitative methods.