Back to Renewable Energy and Green Building Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Renewable Energy and Green Building Entrepreneurship by Duke University

Welcome to the course where you learn to launch a new business in the energy, finance, real estate, design, engineering, or environmental sectors, while also helping you create positive environmental and human health impacts around the world. We will integrate tools, trends, and tips from the field of entrepreneurship as a career path for making a difference and generating wealth in the renewable energy and green building sectors. This is not a course about theory. Instead, we focus on real world application, step-by-step advice, and case studies. After completing this course, students will be able to: - Define key business opportunities, challenges, and potential solutions in the renewable energy and green building sectors. - Analyze a successful business in renewable energy or green building. - Identify 2 to 3 problems you might solve with either renewable energy or green building products or services. - Plan for engaging with investors who might finance a new business. - Take real world first steps towards launching a new business or corporate initiative, by applying the 1-page business idea summary template and the Business Model Canvas to generating and refining your own new business ideas....

GZ
Dec 5, 2020

Pretty high level and focus mostly on entrepreneurship rather than renewable energy as a topic, but a good place to start if you want to be an entrepreneur in this space and don't know where to start!

SP
Dec 27, 2020

Very well structured and informative course. Definitely recommended for anyone looking to learn about renewable energy, entrepreneurship, green building, starting a new business and much more.

26 - 50 of 451 Reviews for Renewable Energy and Green Building Entrepreneurship

By Bryan H W

Apr 20, 2020

Dr. Chris Wedding is very optimistic and provides a good overview on entrepreneurship within the green business scope. The course was very eye opening on some topics and provides very concrete data. Some of the reading materials need to be updated however, as the websites providing them might have taken them down.

By Yashraj J

Jul 26, 2020

i am really satisfied with course , faculty (mr.wedding) explain entrepreneurship in easy way he also provide great tools for entrepreneurship. but before enroll in course read description of course. this course not include details about green building materials and how to build green building.

have a fun.

By Anand J

Jun 24, 2020

I learned a lot regarding the renewable energy and green building entrepreneurship from the course. Professor wedding provided with some great learning experience, through his expert teaching skills. I would highly recommend this course to someone who would like to enhance his knowledge in this field.

By Soumyadip K

Sep 28, 2020

THIS IS VERY HELPFULL COURSE OFFERING BY DUKE UNIVERSITY.I GET TO KNOW A LOT ABOUT GREEN BYUILDING AND RENEWABLE ENEWRGY AND FUTURE BUSINESS.THE COURSE WAS VERY EASY TO UNDERSTAND ,I HOPE IT'S A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE AND IT WILL HELP ME TO PERSUE MY FURTHER COURSE AND INCREASE MY KNOWLEDGE.

By Fernando P S R

Aug 10, 2020

I completely enjoyed the course. I feel that every idea and theme was explained clear and correct. The main focus this course has is something that everyone should know. It shows from how the renewable energy is produced to how to make your ideas to takeoff. I am glad I took this course.

By Emmanuel R A

Oct 12, 2020

This is course is changing my life in ways I've never thought before. It's funny how Professor Chris might be one of the best teachers I've ever had and never even met him. I hope everyone who's considering in taking a career into the renewables and green building takes this course.

By CORY P

Jun 15, 2020

This course delivery is excellent. I took this to aid an Energy Sustainability Engineering and Technology program and the content ties in beautifully! I absolutely recommend if you're in a similar program already or are considering it and want to explore the entrepreneurial side.

By Mayank S

Jan 16, 2020

This course is really helpful to understand the basics of renewable energy and green building & showed their market potential globally. In the term of Entrepreneurship this course helps to learn new aspect of business modelling, how to fund, way to create effective team etc.

By Edward M

Oct 8, 2017

It was a course plenty of motivational and valuable resources for continuing the ultimate objective which is to lunch a new bussiness. I'm pretty happy of having taken this course. I stongly recommended to take it to those who are curious about how to start up a new company.

By Mu'ath K

The class was such a mind-opening session, teaches you thoughtful study of the generation of ideas in whatever business you need. The tutor just made me living broad dreams of evolving business here and there. The reading materials were precisely chosen and very thoughtful.

By VEDANT M

Apr 25, 2019

The course in amazing, Mr.Christopher Wedding has taught the course in depth and has made me understand in greater details the pros and cons of being an entrepreneur in the green building and renewable energy sector.I just wish this course was longer because it was amazing.

By Henry W

Mar 21, 2020

Thank you this was an incredible introduction into the world of Renewable Energy and Green Building. It has helped me better understand that this is the industry that I would like to break into. I truly appreciated the emphasis on using business as a source for change.

By Poliane m a

Sep 21, 2020

Estudos com o meio ambiente e suas pesquisas avançadas, vem aproximando sensivelmente a prevenção climáticas contra os desastres da natureza abrindo leques de estudos como este curso orientando e concientizando da importante alternativa de construçãoes.

By Tochukwu U

Sep 18, 2017

This is actually a grand introduction to the world of renewable energy and green buildings with wonderful and well researched resources for further reading. It is a course I will recommend to anyone that has interests in renewable energy, it wi

By KISSARI S

Jan 28, 2021

je trouve que ce cours est très enrichissant pour tout ce qui concerne l’énergie renouvelable , il m'a permis de savoir comment faire pour créer mon startup tout en utilisant les outils de Renewable Energy and Green Building Entrepreneurship

By Juan C L B

Aug 29, 2017

Excelent course, the professional can see the renewable energy and green building sustainable niche, additionally, people can find the opportunity to start the own business in this area. I would like to continue with the next course.

By Anurag G

Aug 7, 2019

Very Relevant course for all those who venture into the field of Green Building and Renewable Energy. All modules are very interesting and keeps one engaged throughout disseminating knowledge about each and every aspect of the field.

By Mahadi N S B

Jun 4, 2020

Thanks to COURSERA & Thanks to Duke University to give me the chance to learn a lot about Green Building, Renewable Energy, and the Shining Future of Green Entrepreneurship. I'll be forever thankful to you Professor Cris. Regards

By Ken P

Dec 22, 2020

I really enjoyed this course! Professor Wedding is engaging and very knowledgeable. I plan to take additional courses on the subject. Thanks to Professor Wedding, Duke University and Coursera for providing this terrific course!

By Sachin D

Jun 12, 2020

It is a great course for a person who is seeking for a business opportunity in green buildings and renewable energy. I highly recommend this. Practical peer reviews are very good to gain knowledge about starting a new business.

By Kailash K

Jul 17, 2020

I'm very Thankful to Mr. Chris Wedding they provide us better useful knowledge about renewable energy and green building concept.I also wanted to say they should gives other similar courses which help to increase our knowledge

By Dornadula V H R

Jan 17, 2019

May be we need to add some more management aspects, few more entrepreneurial topics. This is more of general and to some extent technical. If you are comfortable, we shall discuss later. My mail id is professorhrd@gmail.com.

By Hannah S S

May 15, 2020

Thank for providing such a helpful section in short period which develops our skill and career in the world of enterpuners .. and future of the society in the new eragiyaa the new ieda development is key to the modern world

By Muhammed F A

Nov 21, 2020

Pretty solid stuff. Learnt a lot of new information in the past few weeks. Although I didn't write down all the questions and attempt any peer assignments right now, I plan on revisiting them later and doing them all.