Back to Planning & Design of Sanitation Systems and Technologies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Planning & Design of Sanitation Systems and Technologies by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne

Do you want to learn how to plan affordable and context-specific sanitation solutions? Be up-to-date on the newest developments in urban sanitation planning and programming? Get to know best practice examples of urban sanitation systems in low- and middle-income countries? If yes, this course is for you! This course provides you with an introduction to integrated sanitation planning, both on a citywide scale and for specific contexts such as informal settlements. You will become familiar with different sanitation planning frameworks as well as different systems and technologies relevant along the sanitation value chain. You will learn why systems’ thinking is crucial for urban environmental sanitation, and how to apply key terminology and important concepts. INSTRUCTION Eawag-Sandec and EPFL jointly offer this course with support from sanitation experts of the World Bank and WHO. LANGUAGES We simultaneously offer this course in English and French. The name of the French course is « Planification & Design des Systèmes et Technologies d’Assainissement ». MOOC SERIES This course is one of four in the series “Sanitation, Water and Solid Waste for Development"....

FA
Sep 5, 2020

An eye opener to inclusive sanitation planning. The course content was very well delivered not to mention the choice of case studies of failed and successful urban sanitation projects. Keep it up!!!

TN
Nov 19, 2016

176 - 200 of 237 Reviews for Planning & Design of Sanitation Systems and Technologies

By Rajeev R B

Apr 9, 2017

T

By Andy T

Dec 5, 2017

This course was very helpful in gaining a holistic overview about sanitation system technologies and planning. Furthermore, I'm very grateful for the provided downloadable specialist literature i.e. the Compendium. If it was possible I would have given 4,5 stars, just because part of Week 5's lectures are rather uninteresting in comparison to everything before. Thank you very much for this course!

By Jean-Pierre K

Nov 1, 2019

When exploring different sanitation systems and technologies, In mind I have the current situation of my County Bunia-Ituri in Democratic republic of Congo, thinking on how to contribute in sanitation improvement.

Am a Water and Sanitation practitioner, the course was an added value to my knowledge and experience

By Roland A

Dec 14, 2016

The course was amazing, throw up a wide vista of knowledge for me and would really enrich my job delivery and concept development on Sanitation Systems and Technologies. The administrators however need to improve on post-course inquiries, i have been on the trail to get my SOA for some time now with no success.

By Waqas A

Aug 5, 2019

Course is very informative and it is very helpful in understanding the basic problems of our sanitation. Unfortunately in our country these practices are not been follow even in urban areas. I seeing my country in great danger in near future. This course give me a businesses opportunity.

By Saleh M A

Sep 26, 2019

It is good really and include great subject I benefit from it and I think that it will facilitate my job in the future. Finally, I would like to say thank to every one contributed to prepare it and on the head instructor of this course thank you so much from depth of my heart.

By Julio P

May 8, 2017

I took subjects related to wastewater treatment during my career and I think this course summarize topics related in an effective and comprehensive way . I really enjoy your material and the way you are pleased to share your knowledge and case of studies with us.

By Karl Z

Jun 30, 2018

Brilliant course. Synthetic but well done, description and design are accurate. I like it. I think that more tests would be useful for the teacher to value us and for us to get firm view point and feedback from our preparation . karl ziegler

By Tapan K M

Nov 8, 2016

This is an awesome course which provides different techniques of sanitation and to access it. It focuses about the technology and treatment facility . These techniques must be adopted for better and healthy environment.

By Kene C D

Oct 8, 2020

I have found the course to be very informative, i learnt a lot on sanitation planning that i did not understand. It has given me an idea and equipped me with the knowledge to plan for sanitation in my city.

By Mulbah W

Jan 16, 2017

Awesome and excellent course for students, professional and everyone interested in Planning & Design of Sanitation Systems and Technologies for low income countries like my country Liberia.

By Francisco U M

Apr 7, 2020

Excellent course with practical, empirical and applicable tools. It integrates technical, social, economic and cultural perspectives to successfully implement sanitation systems.