Back to Budgeting and Scheduling Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Budgeting and Scheduling Projects by University of California, Irvine

A good project schedule helps all team members’ work together to meet project objectives. A project budget with realistic cost constraints is also an essential bedrock of any project. In this course you’ll learn to plan and stick to time and cost constraints in order to ensure the success of your projects. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the resource needs of the project 2. Decompose work packages into activities 3. Define what is needed to estimate activity durations 4. Define milestones and create a milestone schedule 5. Determine the critical path and calculate float 6. Describe the purpose of using leads and lags in a project schedule 7. Estimate the quantities and costs of resources required to perform project activities 8. Select one of three common cost estimating techniques to determine a project budget 9. Use a responsibility assignment matrix to assign responsibilities 10. Recognize the components of a project’s quality management plan...

MF

Oct 24, 2016

I enjoyed this course, the mix of the video presentations and the powerpoints are well done. The instructor does an excellent job. the 'bonus videos' and 'panelist interviews' are very good as well.

JR

Feb 06, 2017

Great course going into important details on cost and budgeting. I really like the video portion which gives real-world examples that help reinforce and bring the concepts to an everyday audience.

51 - 75 of 878 Reviews for Budgeting and Scheduling Projects

By Geraint L

May 31, 2017

I like the Coursera way of teaching. Course content was right for me and the assessments were of a standard which meant I got the recognition I required to achieve my objectives.

By Bismi B k

Apr 15, 2020

It was a great experience. one thing i has to suggest is to check the answers of the quiz. a question about float. i thing i had marked the correct option.but it shows wrong

By Prateekshya A

Jul 17, 2019

Loved the course! Simply excellent professor! I've taken other courses as well but found this the most interesting. Recommend it to anyone interested in Project Management.

By Michael L

Sep 07, 2020

For me, a perfect mix of delivery, exercises and quizzes to give me valuable learning experience. I enjoy the combination video / reading format of the material delivery.

By Katie A

Aug 13, 2018

Very helpful big picture overview of critical competencies for budgeting and scheduling projects. Immediate application for numerous projects I'm managing or co-managing.

By Indranil C

Aug 04, 2020

The course was really helpful in understanding the importance of scheduling and estimating costs. The course also gave some good mathematical approaches to map the plan.

By Melissa S

Mar 04, 2017

Great tools to use in real life! Good depth over the different strategies for budgeting and scheduling projects. This course reminded me of why I am taking this course!

By Sebastian S

Jan 20, 2016

Great course as the others in the specialization. As mentioned before, the emphasis on having the PMBOK Guide available for the optional readings should be emphasized.

By waheed A S

Sep 02, 2017

It is a well thought and well understood that really threw more light into all the areas seems so difficult in my earlier earned master degree in Project management.

By Anupam S

Jun 15, 2020

Madam was excellent and very much involved. Excellent course design and teaching methodology.

I felt that I am studying in the classroom.

Thanks to Madam and cousera.

By Kira H

Feb 21, 2020

This course is sound. I found it easy to navigate, full of valuable information and the tests were unambiguous and relevant to the material presented. Well done.

By Khizar H

Aug 31, 2020

Great course for the people seeking out to learn about Project Management. Margaret Meloni has done an amazing job. The course content depth was perfect as well.

By Savva S

May 04, 2018

Amazing course. My fault it took me too long to complete but I totally recommend it to people interested i that subject. The content was so clear and targeted.

By Xinyi L

This course is very informative. It provided an overview of the project management structure. I also learned about budgeting processes and useful techniques.

By Clarizza S F

Jul 23, 2019

That was definitely grate but that was also a lot more information. I had to sit down and really concentrate to make sure that the information was setting in.

By Leyla K

Aug 25, 2020

This is an amazing course! Big thanks to Melanie for her great efforts! I really learned a lot from this course, and find it very practical and interesting!

By Fernando R

Sep 12, 2016

Great course! gives you a great perspective of how to start scheduling and estimate your budget for new projects!

I love this course and how it is presented.

By Robert C

Apr 21, 2016

Accessibility, quality and clarity of instruction, good graphics, useful discussion from a variety of experts. All reasons for my high rating of this course

By Дмитро Б

Aug 02, 2020

I liked this course because it contained enough information. information had a complex perception in some places, but i understood everything. thank you

By Rachael P

Nov 21, 2016

Great course to understand budgeting and scheduling of a project. I especially love the tips on how best to manage stakeholders throughout this process.

By MD S I

May 13, 2020

This course definitely helps a candidate to gain knowledge and skills bout budget , project cost estimation, and budget management. I love this course.

By Parviz M

Aug 25, 2019

I really enjoyed the quality of courses offered by Coursera. Simple structure and effective methodology is the key to the success of suggested courses.

By Dimitar I P

Sep 04, 2017

It was a pleasure for me to take part in this course. The lessons are quite well structured and the video lectures are great. Thank you for everything!

By Thomas B

Feb 22, 2016

Good practical lecture and coursework on variables/requirements on accurate budgeting and scheduling. Offers both good theory and practical examples.

By Jithin T

Jul 07, 2020

Its a great initiative by coursera in this pandemic condition that this helps who are looking for imprpvising there technical knowledge and skills.