Back to Introduction to Google SEO

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Google SEO by University of California, Davis

Ever wonder how major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo rank your website within their searches? Or how content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users? Welcome to the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This course is the first within the SEO Specialization and it is intended to give you a taste of SEO with some fun practices to get seen in Google. You will be introduced to the foundational elements of how the most popular search engine, Google, works, how the SEO landscape is constantly changing and what you can expect in the future. You discuss core SEO strategies and tactics used to drive more organic search results to a specific website or set of websites, as well as tactics to avoid to prevent penalization from Google. We hope this taste of SEO, will entice you to continue through the Specialization!...

Aug 9, 2016

Great course, very informative!! I can tell the classes are starting to be structured differently though. Not too much meat to this first course... reserving my opinion, until I go through a few more.

AP

Jul 10, 2020

The way of explaining the terms is excellent and content is very good . I leant many new things from this course. Going to do all the courses of this specialization. Thanks for the wonderful content.

151 - 175 of 2,390 Reviews for Introduction to Google SEO

By Eric O D

Nov 5, 2016

Great course. One of the bests I've seen in Coursera in giving a deep content and trying to be clear. I would suggest a review of the texts givens. Sometimes the texts give some specific concept that wasn't discussed in previews classes. Having to search for it takes sometime. A Glossary for those would be very welcome.

By Andrea B

Aug 21, 2020

This course was very easy to understand for a complete beginner to the field. Rebekah made the content interesting. She is a great teacher and presenter: her slides were concise and relevant, and her organization was spot-on. She did not talk too fast, and articulated her words clearly. Great course! Thank you so much!

By Clarence A

Nov 21, 2020

Very good overview and introduction to SEO. This course is great to determine whether you want to learn more about SEO and if you want to employ someone to do SEO for your site / brand. I think that everyone who goes online and has their own website or domain should look into this to improve the quality of their work.

By LM

Mar 24, 2016

This course was a great structure introduction to SEO! In it they explain careers in SEO, the current landscape of SEO, and some SEO basics. It really helped give a concise and clear overview of what initially appears to be a large and sprawling field. I just wanted to express my gratitude for the lessons. Thank you!

By rohit b

Sep 15, 2017

Great Course to start SEO. To learn about how search engine works, which SEO experts in industry to follow and many more useful information about algorithms which affects on ranking. Everyone who is interested to make career in digital marketing start learning from here. Thanks coursera for creating this course.

By Anthony A

Oct 29, 2021

T​his was far more helpful than aimlessly looking through videos on YouTube! I was really shocked by how quickly I was able to pick up so much information. They have done a really good job letting new topics and ideas stack on what you've learned, and I'm looking forward to continuing in this specialization!

By Petra V

Nov 22, 2020

Rebekah knows how to approach and explain every theme. She is a great story teller and I enjoyed listening to her. This course is a little unique and gives attention to some topic I didn't expect to find here, but they are of great value, when it comes to understanding the key concepts on which SEO is based.

By Robert A C

Jan 23, 2020

Very well built, gives the full picture of search engines over time and why they behave the way they do and what we can expect to come next. If you are in the web business you should do this course, even if you don't work SEO directly. Its an important eye opener and a valid strategic knowledge resource.

By Laura J R

Sep 20, 2019

It really is necessary to do this course before you learn the actual SEO optimization. I found it very interesting and despite having knowledge of what SEO is, it gave me knowledge I would not have otherwise known which will increase my chances of being able to properly optimize a website in the future.

By Vrajkumar M

Jul 23, 2020

i Learn so much like what should i do to rank website good not only that but also what affects ranking of website and how can i improve ranking also what i must not do while making website i understand many things from history. Really appreciate Davis for great work. Going for next 4 remaining courses.

By AYUSH A

Jun 24, 2020

I learned about the basic principals of how Search Engines works for determining the relevancy of search quires made by the searchers and how to provide them the results that are intended by them. Also learned that what steps can be taken as an SEO to make your website filled with the great contents.

By Jessica L

Apr 15, 2017

I've really enjoyed this course! I have learn a lot of things in the field of SEO that I didn't know at all. And for the first course of the specialization, I think it is already a lot. So, I guess that the whole will be very practical and proper to make me become a real SEO. Really eager to continue !

By Vibeke S

May 21, 2017

The area of SEO is vast and complicated and ever changing. This course make you understand that, without intimidating you. Instead it inspires you and make you feel intrigued by how some of the aspects of SEO touch upon what it is to be a human being in constant search for knowledge and great stories.

By Romit N

May 22, 2020

This course provides you with very thorough knowledge about SEO. also give you an outlook on career in SEO. provide interview tips and tricks. The history of the evolution of search engines was also very interesting. Overall this course is very important and helps you with your career development.

By Simran W

Search engine optimization is the process of growing the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing the visibility of a website or a web page to users of a web search engine. SEO refers to the improvement of unpaid results and excludes direct traffic and the purchase of paid placement.

By Jessica S

Jan 22, 2021

This course helped me understand how search engines have evolved, what algorithm updates have impacted the Search, as well as the current best SEO practices. I now understand that search engine optimization is more of a holistic approach. From an SEO standpoint, it helps me to be future-driven.

By Rickey M

Dec 11, 2018

Due to age and physical impairments, I miss things that are said and necessary for me to pass a test the first time through. I will use what I learn to benefit myself and others who may have medical issues that are worse than mine. This course does seem to be "highly informative" and helpful.

By Aamir K

Aug 24, 2017

Just amazing stuff. A couple stuff in the lectures are still over my head but I'll just have to keep finding a way to understand it.It's Amazing! the course really useful if you want to learn CEO join to this course with full confidence.

your way makes everything possible!

Thank you Rebeka mam.

By ABHISHEK D

May 6, 2020

I think this is the best and quick course for the Introduction to SEO. In this course, they have shared a lot of relevant content in the study material. They've suggested many videos shared by Google on Youtube. All these made me more curious to know about the topic more and more. Thank You!

By MORE S R

May 12, 2020

Amazing and detailed course covering all the basic aspects of SEO right from the job opportunities to all the things that have effect on a site's ranking, penalties, the SEO practices that can harm a site as well as the practices that can help the site to be ranked better in search results.

By Michael T

Mar 11, 2019

Very well organized and easy to understand. I've really learned a lot from these. Thank you UC Davis for making this possible and thank you Coursera for being a channel to such great courses such as this. I think I have found for myself the right career. Thank you so much and more power!!!

By Muhammad N M

Jul 5, 2020

I love this course, it gives me idea of how and where to start my career in the SEO field and give me direction and focus to learn more about SEO. I will learn again about SEO via online course and planning to start and do my portfolio after I am confident and know more about SEO. Thanks!

By Arafat H

Oct 19, 2017

A well researched and thoroughly structured course, which makes it a great learning experience for anyone interested in SEO. As a digital marketer I had to get my hands on SEO and this served me greatly as I was on zero ground before the course. Looking forward to further specializations.

By Jonathan V

Jun 15, 2016

Worth all the effort. Meticulously scripted to guide you through the complexities of SEO, with gentle repetition and some tough assessments that required me to go back over parts of the module until I understood it. A good system of multiple-choice questions and peer review as assessment.

By Roberta B

Jun 6, 2020

I'm impressed by this online course - neat, informative videos with an excellent main presenter, helpful and interesting links, many of which can be immediately applied to building or maintaining a website, and questions throughout the videos to ensure the listener is actually listening!