Back to Introduction to Google SEO

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Google SEO by University of California, Davis

Ever wonder how major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo rank your website within their searches? Or how content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users? Welcome to the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This course is the first within the SEO Specialization and it is intended to give you a taste of SEO with some fun practices to get seen in Google. You will be introduced to the foundational elements of how the most popular search engine, Google, works, how the SEO landscape is constantly changing and what you can expect in the future. You discuss core SEO strategies and tactics used to drive more organic search results to a specific website or set of websites, as well as tactics to avoid to prevent penalization from Google. We hope this taste of SEO, will entice you to continue through the Specialization!...

Aug 9, 2016

Great course, very informative!! I can tell the classes are starting to be structured differently though. Not too much meat to this first course... reserving my opinion, until I go through a few more.

AP
Jul 10, 2020

The way of explaining the terms is excellent and content is very good . I leant many new things from this course. Going to do all the courses of this specialization. Thanks for the wonderful content.

26 - 50 of 2,215 Reviews for Introduction to Google SEO

By Surobhi P

Jul 23, 2020

Before Joining this course, I hadn't have any knowledge about seo. But after completing this course, I get to know many areas and factors that affect searches and usability of the website. I have realized the importance of keywords, algorithm updates, content, links, branding and more.

Thank you so much for providing these information:)

By Sara H

Jul 24, 2020

Excellent information. Rebekah did a fantastic job: She spoke clearly and naturally and was a pleasure to listen to. The deep dive into the origins of search really helped me understand why and how SEO works as it does today.

By ANURAG P

Jul 11, 2020

By Arno H

Nov 1, 2016

Content is good. But you need to pay to be able to answer quiz. In other courses of that specialization track you even need to pay to do peer assessments. It is a shame that education and securing the learn success seems not to be the focus anymore - it seems that focus turned towards monetization.

So before taking the course be aware that you can not get a participation rate of 100% due to locked quizzes, which will only be unlocked once you paid.

By Hayley M

Jun 10, 2020

A nice overview and history of SEO, its importance and information on the algorithm updates throughout the years, but does not include any practical elements of implementing SEO to your site or client sites.

By L M

Aug 2, 2020

Personally, I was hoping to learn about SEO through doing hands-on assignments. This course seemed very repetitive and not very engaging.

By Aakash M

Jul 27, 2020

This course provides only theoretical knowledge about SEO. Do not do this course if you are looking for a more practical side like I was

By Christine D

Apr 6, 2017

Course lacks real example and full of theory. It lacks steps of what actually needs to be done to achieve SEO.

By Carla D C M C

Jul 18, 2020

Too much focus on history and non-useful elements like job interview and career choices (the latter technically should belong to a capstone course). Really didn't learn much and felt like there's no practical approach at all. The lecture format is boring and repetitive, and can be summed up into "here's what we'll talk about", talk about it, and ending with "here's what we talked about". The transcripts (which by the way have a number of mistakes) are the only materials available, the rest is just external links to a lot of other reading. New concepts/words are thrown out there without prior explanation, it seems like they were just forgotten and not covered in advance. Poorly structured. Basically, it's filler.

By Priscilla N

Apr 29, 2020

This course was not what I expected. It only covered SEO theory, history and "day in the life for a SEO manager" which are all things I could have spent 2 hours on WIKI or reading a tech article. There was no practical applications, exercises and real life working case studies. I wanted practical knowledge that I could apply to my job, not a history lesson. Very disappointed that I wasted this time.

By James H

Jun 17, 2020

I thought this was a how to SEO course. Too much useless history.

By Andrae P

Oct 8, 2020

This is an amazing course. I have learnt a whole new world with respect to SEO. The videos and course delivery was of a professional manner. The content was interesting throughout the course. The add-ons for further reading/links/blogs is also very beneficial.

It keep me focused and left me continuing clicking next, next and next.

I am hoping to further my learning curve with coursera.

Great production guys!

By Segun A

Jul 7, 2021

Amazing course, good introduction to SEO. This course give you a fundamental understanding of how Google ranks websites and what you need to do to improve website rankings. I look forward to completing the other courses in this specialization

By Rehman A

Sep 29, 2020

A great fundamental breakdown of SEO strategies that you need to know in order to further understand the field. Very well designed course that is perfect for someone who is new to the field of SEO!

By jose t l

Mar 7, 2018

I really liked how the course is able to insert someone that doesn't know anything about SEO into the right path, I been searching for a course like this a lot time ago and I'm happy to found it.

By Lai W L

Jul 16, 2020

This course provides thorough and easy-to-understand explanations on the basics of SEO. I learned a lot in this course and will definitely keep studying the rest of SEO specialization!

By Ayan C

Jul 17, 2020

Excellent materials. I have got a clear purpose of SEO and probably of my eventual career in it!

Thanks very much, Rebecca

By Pius O T

Jul 27, 2020

I have really learnt alot from this course and can now confidently talk about SEO as a beginner. Great course content

By Bryan M

Nov 25, 2018

The subject matter is comprehensive, well structured, and easy to understand.

By Avinash J

Jul 10, 2020

Very good course with good content... really enjoyed it.

By Anthony T

Jul 16, 2020

I really am enjoying the course and learning a lot.

By Foo Y Y

Jul 14, 2020

Like this course so much, fully enjoy it

By Aimaan R C

Very well explained!

By Ivonne K

Jul 14, 2020

Great course!

By Ksenia S

Oct 13, 2020

It's not an easy course for a beginner who has no experience in SEO or web field at all. But with a little commitment, you can pass it. I would suggest to the creators to make this course a bit more interacting for learners like me. I will definitely continue my specialization to reach new skills which I will align with my other digital marketing experience.