Back to Introduction to Search Engine Optimization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Search Engine Optimization by University of California, Davis

Ever wonder how major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo rank your website within their searches? Or how content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users? Welcome to the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This course is the first within the SEO Specialization and it is intended to give you a taste of SEO with some fun practices to get seen in Google. You will be introduced to the foundational elements of how the most popular search engine, Google, works, how the SEO landscape is constantly changing and what you can expect in the future. You discuss core SEO strategies and tactics used to drive more organic search results to a specific website or set of websites, as well as tactics to avoid to prevent penalization from Google. We hope this taste of SEO, will entice you to continue through the Specialization!...

Aug 9, 2016

Great course, very informative!! I can tell the classes are starting to be structured differently though. Not too much meat to this first course... reserving my opinion, until I go through a few more.

AP
Jul 10, 2020

The way of explaining the terms is excellent and content is very good . I leant many new things from this course. Going to do all the courses of this specialization. Thanks for the wonderful content.

226 - 250 of 1,947 Reviews for Introduction to Search Engine Optimization

By Eddy R V D

Mar 9, 2016

Really comprehensive and pointing to interesting details and aspects that I couldn't imagine SEO was about. I will suggest this course to everybody who is thinking on this Marketing/IT branch as a way of living.

By Christos G

Dec 11, 2020

Interesting, useful and easily-digested course!

In-course questions were strategically placed to minimize potential misunderstanding or gaps.

Slides and their presentation had a smooth and coherent flow.

Bravo!

By Shiva A

Jul 25, 2020

I learnt much more about SEO. In this course, they taught everything related to SEO. They provided good study material which is helped me a lot in understanding the course more deeply. Thank you for entire team

By Oleg Z

Dec 13, 2017

I wish to thank Rebekah, Eric, Dave and their team for the best SEO course I had ever seen. I found it very clear, interesting and useful. Thank you very much, I am going to complete all the Specialization now!

By abdalkareem j

Jan 12, 2021

Very rich-with-information course, I believe everybody should learn a little bit about it even if they are not interested in the whole idea of learning SEO. I enjoyed every minute of this course. Thanks a lot.

By Hanna B

Dec 8, 2019

A prompt but very informative course for everybody who deals not only with SEO, marketing, PR or social media but also wants to know what stands behind "ok, google". Practical approach from the very beginning.

By yehuda m

May 17, 2019

Great course that give an overall very clear picture of what SEO is all about. Solid course material, crystal clear lectures and the lecturers are awesome. Good job! cant wait to learn their advanced courses.

By Sanya G

Jun 5, 2018

It is a great course. When I begun I did not even know a little bit about SEO. But as the course progressed it made my basics very strong. I would recommend this course to everyone looking to learn about SEO.

By Andrew N

Aug 9, 2017

Internet is flush with SEO information and it's really difficult to know where to start. This course is a great place to understand the core concepts and get a foot in the door for more advanced SEO courses..

By Rafael P P

Aug 13, 2020

Com essa introdução ao SEO, consegui ter uma noção um pouco melhor de como funciona os mecanismos de busca. Achei muito interessante as funcionalidades de cada algoritmo do Google e o papel de cada um deles.

By Josanne G

Oct 10, 2020

I am truly grateful to Coursera for this opportunity. I am also very thankful to Lecturer Rebecca May for her very clear and easily followed presentations. I look forward to continuing on with this course.

By KANDULA C R

May 12, 2020

Learned the best way to promote the website into the digital market with valid keywords, understand the concepts of SEO. Thanks for this course and I will continue to keep practising on those concepts more

By Soumyajit D

Jun 26, 2019

It was very helpful for me as i am planning to be a content writer and this course has helped me gain knowledge about how these websites work and how content on a site can help it to the top search results.

By Alex C

Mar 1, 2016

This was a good introductory course for what can be difficult technical material. For someone like myself who doesn't have much of a tech background, I found the instruction to be delivered at a solid pace.

By Putri A

May 23, 2020

This course is absolutely useful, thank you for the opportunity that you gave to me. I'm getting more curious about what should I do next in terms of using SEO, so maybe I would expand the insight of SEO.

By Hirak D

THANK YOU UC DAVIS AND COURSE ERA FOR THE KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATE

I LEARN LOT FROM THESE ONLINE TUTORIAL AND ITS GIVE ME BETTER IDEA OF BASIC SEO AND HOW ITS WORK AND ALL OTHER THINGS, SO THANK YOU AGAIN

By madhav g

Apr 19, 2020

It gives all the necessary background as well as the current trends followed by the SEO practitioners. This introductory course will cover all the relevant aspects regarding the beginner stage of the SEO.

By jayant s

Nov 26, 2016

This is a great course to get introduced to SEO. If you already know about it, you might find some of the lessons elementary but you'll definitely get to learn, thanks to Prof. May's great teaching style.

By Gulnar B

Nov 9, 2019

Great course, very informative.I found this intro course to be more intense and simultaneously more valuable than I expected it to be. I've already gained new insight and learned techniques. Thanks a lot

By Ezra R

Jun 29, 2020

I preferred reading while watching the lectures and highly suggest reviewing ALL of the web resources provided. It was a great course and I especially enjoyed learning about the history of the internet.

By Fernando P

May 15, 2020

Very good course!

I have taken several courses and specializations, ant this is really relevant, you have to pay attetion and make an effort to learn, the topics are interesting and useful to the topic.

By Gayan L A

Mar 24, 2020

This course helped me to gain the knowledge on SEO. With a clear and understandable content, I strongly recommend this course for anyone who seek basics on SEO for online businesses, data analysis etc.

By Marco C

Jan 25, 2020

Great course. It approaches SEO from a scientific point of view rather than on factors that are personal experience of the teacher. This approach enables you to develop your own ideas and experience.

By Anirban P

May 5, 2020

It was a great introductory course. However, a little hands-on option would have been great. Thank you to the instructor and the whole team behind the course for your effort and excellent outcomes.

By Andrei F C

Dec 18, 2018

I was overwhelmed with the detailed introduction to the SEO field, market, job and history. I feel much more comfortable now and even discovered new resources for researching and learning. Awesome!