Back to Introduction to Search Engine Optimization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Search Engine Optimization by University of California, Davis

Ever wonder how major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo rank your website within their searches? Or how content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users? Welcome to the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This course is the first within the SEO Specialization and it is intended to give you a taste of SEO. You will be introduced to the foundational elements of how search engines work, how the SEO landscape has changed and what you can expect in the future. You discuss core SEO strategies and tactics used to drive more organic search results to a specific website or set of websites, as well as tactics to avoid to prevent penalization from search engines. You will also discover how to position yourself for a successful career in SEO should this subject prove interesting to you. We hope this taste of SEO, will entice you to continue through the Specialization....

Aug 10, 2016

Great course, very informative!! I can tell the classes are starting to be structured differently though. Not too much meat to this first course... reserving my opinion, until I go through a few more.

KS

Oct 03, 2019

I found this intro course to be more intense and simultaneously more valuable than I expected it to be. I've already gained new insight and learned techniques I can put into practice now. Brilliant.

226 - 250 of 1,186 Reviews for Introduction to Search Engine Optimization

By adnan a

Feb 07, 2019

This was my first course on coursera.com . I learnt a lot from this course. The depth of this course makes me amazed as well as the standards.

By Steve

Mar 17, 2016

Rebekah May was excellent. She provided a clear and thorough presentation on each module and course. I now have a better understanding of SEO.

By Juan F A

Nov 14, 2019

Very complete introduction the the world of SEO. I will definitely continue my education to build a deeper understanding of the SEO landscape

By Ivonne S

Sep 21, 2019

Really liked this course, simple, clear and very informative. I liked the articles given us to read on the side and the instructor was great.

By Meredith

Nov 04, 2017

Rebekah is a great instructor and I really learned a lot from this course. I have tried other online SEO courses and so far this is the best.

By Manish T

Mar 25, 2016

Excellent course materials. The course contents have been methodically planned and structured leading to a solid foundation for SEO learning.

By Riza G B

Jun 19, 2019

Satisfactory for an Introductory lesson. Not too detail, not too burdensome quizzes and discussion prompts. I am ready to go the next level!

By DO N M K

Jul 23, 2017

I Love this course, it helps me more understand about internet and SEO one it. Google is such a thing we must discover it all time. Sure! :D

By Maria G

Mar 13, 2016

This is very good course for those who want to understand the basics of SEO. Thank you for providing such useful and up to date information!

By Alessandro P

Mar 22, 2020

A solid foundation in SEO with many external links to explore. These are professional websites that also SEO pros use to keep them updated.

By shaz s

Jan 23, 2020

It´s a great course for a beginner like me. The lessons are easy to understand, relevant and interesting. Well-explained and comprehensive.

By Mayank M

Dec 08, 2019

It was fun learning about careers in the evolution of SEO.

The course was quite informative, Overall I enjoyed learning from the instructor.

By Jack B

May 10, 2018

I really liked how while watching the videos that there was an interactive transcript that would allow me to go back to any parts I missed.

By Anushka S

Aug 01, 2017

Even SEO becomes easy when Ms. May explains it.

Thank you!

This course is really useful and easy to learn. If I could I would give 15 stars.

By muhammad a k

Apr 10, 2020

it is a good course course for beginners. it allow to understand basic algorithms, keyword strategy and how to find a job in seo industry.

By Naval D

Jul 02, 2018

Great course.Please provide the content of videos as a ppt like other courses do. this help us to quickly revise the course and about SeO.

By Alyona F

Feb 09, 2017

The introduction course was very easy. I've already started the Second course (SEO Fundamentals) and I'm learning a lot. Thanks Rebekah :)

By ivy t

Jan 18, 2017

This entire specialisation is the best I've taken in Coursera. Very well organised with practical and highly useful knowledge. Thank you!

By Khubaib K

Sep 27, 2016

Excellent Course. made my basics and know-about of SEO really really strong. I never knew SEO very well until I did not take this course.

By Rushab G

May 16, 2020

This course really helped me to understand how algorithm works and it actually also solved my problem relating to SEO thank you UC DAVIS

By Gueno G

Apr 19, 2020

The course was great. It is built very well, easy to understand and gives you a lot of information and very useful additional materials.

By Shruti S

Apr 06, 2020

It was really very helpful for me to understand how google works to identify the sites, and how it's algorithm works. Thank you so much.

By Adil S

Dec 25, 2016

One of the most usefull courses found on Search Engine Optimization. Well developed and detailed. It covers the topics very effectively.

By kishan j s

Feb 03, 2020

it helps you to understand the basic of the SEO in simple language and understand the SEO terminology and grasp the fundamentals easily

By Avinash G

Sep 22, 2019

Its just an awesome course helped me to learned a lot about seo and its advantages.

Looking forward to enroll other courses in coursera.