Back to Introduction to Search Engine Optimization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Search Engine Optimization by University of California, Davis

Ever wonder how major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo rank your website within their searches? Or how content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users? Welcome to the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This course is the first within the SEO Specialization and it is intended to give you a taste of SEO. You will be introduced to the foundational elements of how search engines work, how the SEO landscape has changed and what you can expect in the future. You discuss core SEO strategies and tactics used to drive more organic search results to a specific website or set of websites, as well as tactics to avoid to prevent penalization from search engines. You will also discover how to position yourself for a successful career in SEO should this subject prove interesting to you. We hope this taste of SEO, will entice you to continue through the Specialization....

Aug 10, 2016

Great course, very informative!! I can tell the classes are starting to be structured differently though. Not too much meat to this first course... reserving my opinion, until I go through a few more.

KS

Oct 03, 2019

I found this intro course to be more intense and simultaneously more valuable than I expected it to be. I've already gained new insight and learned techniques I can put into practice now. Brilliant.

251 - 275 of 1,186 Reviews for Introduction to Search Engine Optimization

By Andrea A F

Aug 28, 2017

It is a excelent course because the professors teach in a simple way that captivates the student. It is a very well thought out course.

By Nikolas W

Aug 14, 2018

Clear, informative primer for anyone interested in SEO, whether you're a startup blogger or professional within a legacy organization.

By Scott T

Jul 28, 2016

Outstanding delivery - very engaging - amazing how much I learned in such a short time all while sitting at my desk during lunch hours

By Mugabi M

Mar 22, 2020

It was tough getting through some of the historical background of SEO, but overall the main content and supporting material was solid

By Dariana C

Apr 09, 2018

I am honestly impressed on how your can mixed SEO with Branding. It is an amazing way to approached marketing from a new perspective.

By Devika R R

Mar 28, 2018

This Introductory course was really helpful in understanding what SEO is and how it works efficiently in the current Marketing world.

By Sean R

Apr 19, 2017

The teacher provides a thorough explanation of the SE landscape. If you are just getting started in SEO, you should take this course.

By Inga V R

May 17, 2017

It was an easy course. But it did help me learn more about the terminology. Being self taught, this was indeed a weakness of mine.

By Amit S

Jan 05, 2017

I enjoyed the course and gather much more information related to history and current terms of SEO. Indeed it is good course overall.

By Oleksandr M

Nov 09, 2016

Course was really very interesting and gives me a basic information about seo and it's history!

Thank you very much for this course!

By Nader S E

Jul 06, 2017

Will give you a historical view about SEO and current update, it is a good start if you need to take more depth steps in SEO field.

By Muhammad A

Apr 05, 2020

amazing course its clear my all SEO basic thing which i don't know although i am expert in onpage SEO or SEO but its help me alote

By Diana R

Jul 15, 2019

Great introduction to this wonderful topic! It fueled my curiosity to go further into studying and learning more about it! Thanks!

By Fatime K

Jul 07, 2017

Thank you for the SEO career tips! It broadened my perspective and gave me a clear idea of what I want to become when I grow up :)

By sergii s

Jan 22, 2017

First I didn't like it but throughout the course it became more and more engaging and gave more relevant and practical information

By Allegra B

Mar 23, 2020

As a beginner in the world of SEO I thoroughly enjoyed learning about it. I will continue on with the rest of the specialization.

By Oliver R

Apr 05, 2020

This is my first course in Coursera and I am very happy I have learned a lot of new things that I will use in my new profession.

By Tanvir A

Apr 13, 2016

It's a great course. I've already gained some in depth knowledge on SEO from this one. Waiting Eagerly for the upcoming courses.

By vipin r

This course has provided solid fundamental basics that are required for SEO aspirants. Topics and questions are well organized.

By Patricia E

Jun 22, 2019

The course was well explained. The video with questions asked sometime were useful to ensure that you were following the topic.

By Anushka B

Mar 16, 2019

The best way to kick-start your SEO career is through this course. Thanks to Rebekah May for teaching this one so effortlessly!

By Daniel C

Jun 20, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It was really easy to understand and follow. I am looking foward to continue learning about SEO.

By Natalia M

May 26, 2017

Highly informative for those like me - offline marketers who are willing to gain a better understanding of digital techniques.

By Chan W S

Jun 02, 2020

This is the first part of the course, and it already gives an insight into the SEO! I can't wait to continue the next course.

By Jordan S

May 01, 2020

Course was extremely easy to follow and instructor clearly described all associated material in an easy to learn way. Thanks!