Back to Introduction to Google SEO

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Google SEO by University of California, Davis

Ever wonder how major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo rank your website within their searches? Or how content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users? Welcome to the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This course is the first within the SEO Specialization and it is intended to give you a taste of SEO with some fun practices to get seen in Google. You will be introduced to the foundational elements of how the most popular search engine, Google, works, how the SEO landscape is constantly changing and what you can expect in the future. You discuss core SEO strategies and tactics used to drive more organic search results to a specific website or set of websites, as well as tactics to avoid to prevent penalization from Google. We hope this taste of SEO, will entice you to continue through the Specialization!...

Aug 9, 2016

Great course, very informative!! I can tell the classes are starting to be structured differently though. Not too much meat to this first course... reserving my opinion, until I go through a few more.

AP

Jul 10, 2020

The way of explaining the terms is excellent and content is very good . I leant many new things from this course. Going to do all the courses of this specialization. Thanks for the wonderful content.

251 - 275 of 2,390 Reviews for Introduction to Google SEO

By Odell M

May 30, 2021

It was very informative and has a lot of insights provided by experts. Anybody new to it, will need to read up on the Week 1 content to fully understand search engines and how they work before moving on, but overall good.

By Ahmad E B M S

Nov 30, 2020

The video presentation including a textual script from this course was very interesting and easier to understand. I strongly recommended this SEO course to others who are looking for new knowledge and career development.

By Elodie T

Aug 6, 2017

Very good introduction to Search Engine Optimization. Not technical at all, this course gives a broad overview of the history of search engines and what criteria are relevant to optimize content. I recommend this course.

By Elena M

Jan 16, 2021

A great introduction to SEO: all topics were clear and well organized. The assessments at the end of each part have been very useful to check my knowledge and I have also appreciated the additional resources. Thank you!

By Mahadev C

Mar 28, 2019

I really like this course to start the Search Engine Optimization. It's very helpful the understand the basic concept of SEO. In this course you can learn basic google algorithm are used in the SEO. Thanks to coursera .

By Kelly B

Mar 8, 2021

Great intro course and awesome instructor! Topic(s) were easy to follow and Rebekah May is definitely the right person for providing instruction on this material. I would take additional courses from her on this topic.

By Simran

Jul 21, 2020

It was my first time knowing about SEO, and I think it was of great help to me. It gradually takes off by first explaining the importance of SEO in corporate world and how it developed. The content was pretty detailed.

By Mohammad T I

Nov 3, 2017

I really loved it. I have learned a lot about the new practices of SEO. I also loved the way you taught the whole course, it was really a great journey. looking forward to you for dig deeper into SEO field.

Thanks,

Royal

By Amanda C

Mar 25, 2016

The course is very structured and provides lots of useful information about SEO, it's a lot better than I simply study Google's SEO guidebook. I highly recommend this course to anyone who'd like to know more about SEO.

By Edward C

Jul 18, 2020

Very good information on the intro to SEO. Learned a lot and this is only touching a very small piece of the ice berg on SEO. Very well developed course. Algorithms for each engines are changing all the time. Thanks!

By Akshay A B

Very informative and unique course!! Earlier, I didn't knew that, there is something called search engine optimization. But after coming to know about various algorithms, practices, I understood that it a huge topic!

By chundru s s t

May 22, 2018

This is one the most amazing courses I have taken up so far. It has burst few of my myths and provided clear understanding about SEO. With this fundamentals as a background I am confident about pursuing career in SEO

By Jennifer C

Aug 15, 2017

Lots of great information that I'm already putting to work. I'm beginning to think critically about SEO and find solutions. It's a great course and I would recommend it for anyone who wants to learn more about SEO.

By RAFIQ E

Aug 1, 2021

As someone who already had a basic knowledge about SEO, I would like to say that this course was absolutely stunning, and I did learn too much and felt so satisfied with it thank you very much for this amazing work!

By Stefana Z

May 6, 2020

I would have prepared if they actually gave more examples especially because I found it too technical. I am a marketer and I wanted to get a general understanding of what can i do to improve my undersatnding of SEO.

By Muskan K

Aug 16, 2020

SEO introduction is very fruitful no prior skills required, must say this course lead me to focus more in the industry, recommend everyone who so ever interested in gaining knowledge of SEO and digital marketing :)

By Gautam M

Jul 22, 2020

I jumped into this course with no prior knowledge of the SEO field and it gave me a great introduction into the history and the core workings of the field. It is a great way to get familiar with what SEO is about!

By ANNASHA D

Jun 12, 2020

The study is very elaborate and thus helps in clearing the concepts as much as possible. I have learnt so much from the introductory course that I can't wait to check out the other courses in this specialization.

By Sharang R

May 13, 2020

I didn't much about SEO before this course. After completing this course I feel i have gained quite an insight in the topic and has made me to dwell deeper into it. I am certainly enrolling for course 2 and more.

By Ilhana A

Jul 16, 2019

I absolutely recommend this course! For beginners, this course takes you through all the important milestones and purposes of SEO. Instructors were great as well, I really enjoyed taking this course as a refresh.

By Carolina F

Jun 18, 2020

Great course! I learned so much and applied a lot of my knowledge to the website I am building for my tour guiding business. (carothetourguide.com in case you are interested). I am excited to continue learning!!

By Eddy R V D

Mar 9, 2016

Really comprehensive and pointing to interesting details and aspects that I couldn't imagine SEO was about. I will suggest this course to everybody who is thinking on this Marketing/IT branch as a way of living.

By Ashley D

May 7, 2021

I've been working as an SEO copywriter for 8 years, following the guidelines given to me by my managers. Now I understand more fully why I was doing what I was doing and also have some strategies for improving.

By Christos G

Dec 11, 2020

Interesting, useful and easily-digested course!

In-course questions were strategically placed to minimize potential misunderstanding or gaps.

Slides and their presentation had a smooth and coherent flow.

Bravo!

By SHIVA A

Jul 25, 2020

I learnt much more about SEO. In this course, they taught everything related to SEO. They provided good study material which is helped me a lot in understanding the course more deeply. Thank you for entire team