Back to Introduction to Search Engine Optimization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Search Engine Optimization by University of California, Davis

Ever wonder how major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo rank your website within their searches? Or how content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users? Welcome to the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This course is the first within the SEO Specialization and it is intended to give you a taste of SEO with some fun practices to get seen in Google. You will be introduced to the foundational elements of how the most popular search engine, Google, works, how the SEO landscape is constantly changing and what you can expect in the future. You discuss core SEO strategies and tactics used to drive more organic search results to a specific website or set of websites, as well as tactics to avoid to prevent penalization from Google. We hope this taste of SEO, will entice you to continue through the Specialization!...

Aug 10, 2016

Great course, very informative!! I can tell the classes are starting to be structured differently though. Not too much meat to this first course... reserving my opinion, until I go through a few more.

AP

Jul 11, 2020

The way of explaining the terms is excellent and content is very good . I leant many new things from this course. Going to do all the courses of this specialization. Thanks for the wonderful content.

251 - 275 of 1,715 Reviews for Introduction to Search Engine Optimization

By LaTanya B

The perfect introduction to SEO for beginners. I understood the videos, the lectures were well structured. And the professor was easy to understand. I thoroughly enjoyed this course.

By Hui L

May 06, 2016

This course is concise and provides a very good overview of the SEO industry. But I just wish there were more content. I finished all the four weeks' modules and tests within one day.

By Christian C

Aug 17, 2020

Prior to taking the course, I was intimidated by learning SEO. This introductory course has definitely provided me a safe space to learn SEO and further my knowledge of the industry.

By Sumit R T

Aug 30, 2020

Nice and informative sessions week wise,

any one will able to understand without the knowledge of digital marketing or computer engineering.Must do for everyone for any professional.

By Gökhan U

Aug 13, 2019

I would like to thank you for providing me with this opportunity, as a student who has completed his studies at Educational Technology M.Sc., it was indeed one of the milestones.

By Alvin B

Mar 30, 2016

I started this course without any formal training in SEO. I found the videos to be clear, easy-to-follow, and very informative. The recommended readings were especially useful.

By Andrew M

Dec 29, 2018

It was a great course. This was the first SEO course I ever took and thought the instructors gave us students great information we will be able to use in the field :) THANK YOU!

By Kevin C

Jun 07, 2020

A good foundational program about SEO. You'll likely need to continue learning about SEO to get a deeper understanding. Nonetheless, this program is a very good starting point.

By Hammad J

Jun 03, 2020

The course was very well organized with useful content followed by effective communication by the lecturer, hence, it helped candidates like me to acquire sufficient knowledge.

By Zeeshan L

Jul 22, 2019

It was very helpful course to learn about SEO and how SEO works.

Moreover,it also showed me a way and different perspective of SEO and its impact on searching tools.Thank You!!

By Jeroen

Jul 15, 2017

Very good course. Covers everything from do's and don'ts to what people are looking for in SEO marketeers. Very dense material, so you might need to rewatch and pause at times.

By Misbah A

Oct 05, 2020

One of the best courses available online. it is clear, crisp and to the point. the materials provided are great! a must do for a person who really wants to get into SEO field.

By Oly M

Jul 02, 2020

Excellent course with great content. The presentation of the content in the video as well as the delivery is very easy to understand. I enjoyed taking this course. Thank you!

By Vinusha P P

Jun 23, 2020

Great course! I learned the basics of SEO and developed an understanding of keywords, algorithms, the importance of branding for ranking, and more. It was a great experience!

By Srikanth V

Apr 21, 2020

Very well designed! Gives holistic insights on the SEO space. Would have loved had there been slides of the lessons with key information. Would have been very handy to refer.

By Randa K R Q

Jun 21, 2017

best introduction course i have ever taken in my life... well explained and supported with evidence and enough information to get you to like more this field... well done! :D

By Judith O

Nov 27, 2018

The materials are very easy to understand particularly for learners like me who did not have prior exposure to SEO terms. The reading materials are current and curated well.

By Mohammed F B F

Jul 08, 2020

The course was very enlightening for me. I truly enjoyed the course. Thank you to both UC Davis and Coursera for offering the course on the Coursera Online Learning Portal.

By Cara j

Dec 22, 2017

This course was broken down very well for an introduction. I left with a greater understanding of Google's best practices, algorithms, brandiing and why SEO is so important

By Muhammad S

Oct 15, 2020

Best Introductory Course on SEO. It covered all the necessary information, algorithms, and Best Practices. One of the best course for someone who wants to start from zero.

By M P K

Sep 23, 2020

I am really very happy for joing in this course. I am fully satisfied with this course. The course desing is very nice. and it is very easiy understanble for a freshers.

By PRIYA A

It was a comprehensive course for a beginner level and its content is well placed, though I believe that there should not be any quiz on the history portion of the SEO

By Aadar J

Apr 07, 2020

Thank You so much ma'am for your time and resources.

I must say that your teaching surely let me encourage deep down to explore SEO insights and advance specialization.

By Sumit P

Jul 27, 2017

As a beginner in SEO, the course really helped me to understand what SEO really means. The course has really got me excited to building a career in SEO. Thanks a lot.

By Joshua G

Mar 23, 2016

Good intro to SEO. I felt like there was a lot, if not too much, time spent on the history of SEO and search engines, but otherwise, it was a well-structured course.