Back to Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation by University of Cape Town

This free 6 week course is for anyone who wants to make a difference. Whether you are already familiar with the field of social innovation or social entrepreneurship, working for an organization that wants to increase its social impact, or just starting out, this course will take you on a journey of exploring the complex problems that surround us and how to start thinking about solutions. We will debunk common assumptions around what resources are needed to begin acting as a social innovator. We will learn from the numerous examples of social innovations happening all over the world. You will be challenged to get out of your comfort zone and start engaging with the diverse spaces around you. By the end of the course, you will have formed your own approach to social innovation, and you will have begun to develop the concepts, mindset, skills, and relationships that will enable you to start and evolve as a changemaker. You will be able to purchase a Verified Certificate if you wish to show evidence of your achievements, but this is optional, and you may apply for Financial Aid if you are unable to pay the certificate fee. The Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship co-created this course with RLabs, a social movement ‘born-and-bred’ in Bridgetown, Cape Town that is now active in 22 countries. The movement empowers youth through innovative and disruptive technology by teaching them vital skills and providing much needed support and a sense of community. Advocating and supporting initiatives such as RLabs forms part of the Bertha Centre’s mandate. The Centre is a specialised unit at University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business, and is the first academic centre in Africa dedicated to advancing social innovation and entrepreneurship. You can view the course trailer at www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcWYG64WO20 Tweet about this course using the hashtag #socinnMOOC...

SA

Jul 03, 2020

This course was great! I learned a lot through discussion and project submissions. I have not only learned how to create change in my community but I have taken the first steps to make it a reality.

PJ

Jun 05, 2020

This was an inspiring course. I enjoyed applying Design Theory to an idea I had been pondering for years. I was able to refine my idea in order to share it with others and explore its feasibility.

276 - 300 of 403 Reviews for Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation

By Malsha A

May 15, 2020

One of the best program that I have followed

By Harshitha R

May 09, 2020

this was a great course. thank yo very much

By Clay E

c

e

By carlin

Sep 18, 2018

i learned alot from this course thank you

By Husik S

Mar 04, 2018

Well designed and very informative course

By Mutale C

Apr 16, 2017

Wonderful course. Very well put together.

By ANTONIO G B

Jun 12, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. Thanks

By Cynthia C

Nov 30, 2018

Great information and teachers. Thanks!

By Tushar J

Jun 11, 2020

an awesome course that helped me a lot.

By susana

Amazing course, full of great examples!

By Wendy N

Feb 03, 2020

Enjoyed the professors and the content.

By Lesley R

Jul 19, 2020

Wonderful and idea stimulating course!

By Roseanne T

Dec 30, 2016

Great course. Practical and relevant.

By GOVINDRAJ C

Jul 05, 2020

Good Course to know social innovation

By Ayanlowo J E

May 23, 2020

Quite engaging and challenging course

By Frank M J

Apr 22, 2019

Interesting course and user friendly.

By Colleen S

Sep 03, 2019

Great course, I learnt a lot from it

By Emmanuel C O

Sep 29, 2017

A Very Great and Practical Course...

By KIRIL P

Jun 09, 2020

Great course, excellent proffesors!

By Jennifer D

Everything I need for my dream job.

By Esther k k

Apr 23, 2020

I really enjoyed the great lessons

By Frank D

Mar 07, 2018

perfect and attractive case study.

By DHRUV A

Jun 14, 2020

it has been most helpful course.

By Gizem Y

Thank you so much for everthing!

By وليد ص ا ا